Wish Auto-Audition & Sorting Feature for Converting AF3 to FM3 Presets

Prince

Inspired
Vendor
We have the ability to convert AF3 presets to FM3 presets. We have the ability to Auto-Audition presets before storing them to the FM3 hardware's memory. The main problem with converting AF3 presets for the FM3 is often if there are too many blocks, or they are on rows/columns that are not available on the FM3, the blocks will get deleted and/or relocated. If they are relocated, it is often hard to to tell where that floater block fits in the signal path. What I wish for is:

1) When importing a AF3 preset, a view of the AF3 preset pops up that the user can either: a) take a snapshot of for routing reference, or b) can edit, reroute, choose which blocks to keep/discard, etc., before saving to the FM3 hardware memory.

2) If b), then the CPU % tracker would display and the user can edit the preset until there is sufficient CPU % and can save the revised preset.

3) Where there are block types or # of block instances allowable in the AF3 but not the FM3 (ie. 2x amp blocks or 2x cab blocks), the auto-audition previewer/editor will display ALL blocks as they occur in the AF3 preset, but only allow the user to save the FM3 preset once the allowed block types & # of block instances has been reached.
---This will be primarily helpful for when a user downloads an AF3 preset, where the amps they are interested in are in amp block #2 (or delay block #3, etc). With the auto-audition previewer/editor, the user could choose between amp blocks #1 or #2, rather than being automatically truncated/limited to amp block #1. I have found that I have downloaded dozens (if not hundreds) of AF3 presets for "uber-xtreme gain face melt amp!", but after conversion, I'm left with amp block #1 for "silky smooth jazzy clean amp", when the "uber-xtreme gain face melt amp!" I wanted was cut out because it was in amp block #2.
---Furthermore, this would also be helpful so you can choose/pair up the right cab block with the right amp block, if the AF3 preset has 2x cab & amp blocks. I don't want to be pairing a Jazz 120 2x12 with a FAS Skull Crusher.

Below is a quick screenshot of the same Fremen preset. The top is the AF3 version, the bottom is the FM3 version converted via Fractool. This should hopefully show how some a) blocks disappear, b) shuts are disconnected/rerouted, and c) how it can be hard to recreate an AF3 preset as close as possible if we can't see the source material first. Yes Fractool helps, but it would be really helpful if this auto-audition previewer/editor existed in the FM3.

Thanks y'all!

AF3 to FM3 1.png

Back
Top Bottom