Implemented Authentic, or obvious Parameters Layouts in Amp Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbeat

Inspired
I just read Yak's thread about the IIC+ Model, where Cliff explains which parameter stands for which parameter in the Original Amp.

Honestly, this is as far from intuitive for a guitarist who wants to dial in his previously known amp and just play music. Layout, in my opinion, is 50% of the model experience. Especially for quick on the fly tweaks, which all players do all the time...

There is basically very little in common between how a specific function appeared on the original amp and how to get to that function in the modeled one.

You literally need to be an amateur if not semi pro Amp Tech to just figure it out.

I feel that for the musician crowd of users, not techs , the biggest most important and valuable change in the Axe Fx would be to change the layout of the different models to make it obvious and intuitive in relation to the original amp.

As it is now, if one comes from using IIC+ (for example) all his life and want to replace it with the Axe Fx, it wouldn't be easy to dial in the tones anywhere as quickly and intuitively as he would on the real amp. Its not only the ingredients but also the way you interface and interact with them.

So if there could be a rethinking about the entire layout concept of the amp blocks to accommodate less tech savvy musicians, that would probably be a HUGE difference in work flow and ability to tweak on the fly as we are used to.

Unless this is intended for more of a "Lab" situation, which i do not believe it is...
Perhaps an advanced mode and performance mode can accommodate both the less and more tech savvy crowds...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom