Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy LedZ "BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1" TonePack for Cygnus X2 available!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi Gang: This will be a thread where I can answer questions about my latest "Brit Rock Royalty" TonePack series. TonePack #1 from this new series is out now!

Brit-Rock-Tonepack-1-3d.jpg

Description: After many months of work partnering for two great Austin-based musicians, am pleased to present a new series of TonePacks to come! These TonePacks are a little different than the Naked Amps and Dream Rigs products; they are designed to emulate and evoke the coolest and most iconic guitar tones of all time, by album and song part, starting with the past and working our way to present day.

The first in this new TonePack series is the Brit Rock Royalty TonePack #1, covering 36 songs and over 150 guitar scenes/sounds from this British foursome that changed the face of rock music forever with their first four albums in 1969-1971. Additional BRR TonePacks covering guitar tones from later albums by this legendary British foursome group are in the works!

Using your Axe-Fx III, our new Brit Rock Royalty (BRR) TonePacks let you instantly reproduce the timeless, iconic electric guitar tones that re-defined rock music forever.

The product contains a digital download preset bank consisting of stereo preset versions with correct panning, and volume-leveled (per album mix) by track "scene" to play along with your favorite I, II, III or IV albums.

The download bank also contains a complete set of mono presets for the same tracks/scenes, leveled at an average -12db, intended for live use. There are bonus early group live rigs, acoustic guitar emulators, and bass presets too, and two provided special User Cabs.

In addition to the READE ME User Guide, we include a detailed track by track preset scene guide that tells you exactly what guitar, pickup, volume and tone knob settings to use to produce the "Tone of the Gods!" Example:

Screen-Shot-2019-08-30-at-11.34.47-AM-1024x469.png

You'll get best results using a Les Paul style and a Telecaster style guitar, with vintage-style output pickups. It helps to have a Fractal FC12 or FC6 controller to navigate presets/scenes quickly when playing along, and an expression pedal to take full advantage of wahs, pans, volume swells, and other effects (like the Theremin emulation!).

Expect all the meticulous attention to exact tonal detail here that you've found in AustinBuddy's other TonePack products! These presets were designed on firmware 6.04 (recommended) but work fine on 7.x, and the price includes two additional firmware upgrade versions if needed in future.

We'll get some video examples up in a different thread - stay tuned!

Note: the pack will be on introductory sale through the end of 2019 at $99 (normal price is $119).

Bought this on the weekend, i had to actually turn up my guitar in the mix, because i wasn't sure if what i was hearing was myself or Page. Also a good lesson on dialing up tones for the mix, rather than what sounds good in isolation. Just an example, The solo in Good Times Bad Rhymes, i wouldn't normally dial in a sound like that, but it does nail it, well done
Its amazing the tiny tones fit that fat in the mixes

Ah - I see you are using the provided pitch shifter for the 12 string effect!

Also, per the Track and Scene notes provided, you might try to use the middle position on that nice Les Paul instead of bridge for these parts, and roll off a little neck volume to 8ish, just like you-know-did (maybe rhymes with "Kimmy Wage"?)...he constantly was shifting his tone and volume knobs for his sounds, and we captured all of that best we could in the notes!

Thanks for posting some videos Keith!

I was too excited to start playing to read the provided notes I'll read them tonight

Cool! Just go track by track... when you grab a preset, read that presets’ scene notes about what guitar and knob settings and pickup positions are, before playing the part - will help anyone nail it much closer.

The original guitarist was constantly fiddling with pickups selector and volume and tone knob to dial in what his ears wanted to hear, and we spent a good bit of time documenting what we think he did based on what our ears told us off original tracks!

Whoa. It's soo much fun to play these presets along with the original music! They're unbelievably accurate. And actually a good reminder of how little gain was used in those days. Awesome job, Buddy.
Thank you so much Yek!

Got this pack yesterday. What an impressive job done by Buddy and his collaborators. The presets are spot on and so much fun to play. The meticulous documentation with hints on each preset explaining how Jimmy played that tune (pickup selection, volume, tone) are a welcome bonus. Undoubtably, a lot of time and expertise went in to create this pack and the resulting hours upon hours of enjoyment are certainly proof of that.

Well done Buddy, Bravo!!!!

Last edited:
Got this pack yesterday. What an impressive job done by Buddy and his collaborators. The presets are spot on and so much fun to play. The meticulous documentation with hints on each preset explaining how Jimmy played that tune (pickup selection, volume, tone) are a welcome bonus. Undoubtably, a lot of time and expertise went in to create this pack and the resulting hours upon hours of enjoyment are certainly proof of that.

Well done Buddy, Bravo!!!!
Thanks Craig. Craig caught a few typos in the original User Manual I'm fixing and will put into the zip download file in your accounts.

(Side note: My curse is I never learned to type properly, I type with my index fingers on each hand. I can type pretty fast despite this, but sometimes "it" comes out "ti" for example. Auto-correct and I never got along. Appreciate ya'lls patience).

So - there is one preset error located in the preset "TooManyTimes". Here's what it is, and a quick fix.

In Scene 3 (DuelingGtrPanLeads), the delay block comes on just for the Scene.

In the mixer section of the delay block to the right, you will see the pan is moving slowly left to right. This is correct behavior.

The problem is, that pan still is present in Scene 2 (Main Riff) and others, even though the delay block is turned off/bypassed. When I set this up, I thought bypassing the delay block would bypass the mixer/pan -- it turns out that is not right. (You can bypass a pan in a volume block pan and it will not pass the pan on when bypassed, but in a delay block it will).

So, as a quick fix for now:

1. Go into the delay block, then

2. Hover/click over the Balance knob (you will see it panning slowly) ... then right click, and the modifier window will come up.

3. in the SOURCE of the modifier window (top left), it will say LFO 1 A. Just click in that area, and select NONE instead. Then close modifier window. The panning stops.

4. Now click the preset SAVE button.

Now, if you still want the SCENE 3 panning but just in SCENE 3 (as intended), here is who I will fix it later: add a Volume block placed right after the delay. But you will have to BYPASS this new volume block for every scene EXCEPT Scene 3.

Repeat the above steps in the volume block to Balance to open modifier window - EXCEPT in modifier window choose the LFO 1A option(it will come up as NONE first, so click there and then pick LFO 1 A). Then exit modifier window, and click save. Remember -- you only want this volume block ON in Scene 3, make sure it is bypassed in all other scenes.

So...I am traveling away from studio the next 7 days for work, but will fix this preset issue in the download file on my website when I get back.

Just wanted you guys to have a fix for this issue now if you need it. Sorry about this error -- had no idea a bypassed delay block would still pan when bypassed, learn something new everyday!

How did you handle all the acoustic guitar songs?

There are a few acoustic emulation presets, with selectable GEQ4...can be used on multiple songs.

Plus there is a bonus preset that is for using a real Martin D28 hooked up into U67-style condenser mic and then a 1076 style preamp (with low cut on, but otherwise neutral EQ), and then into the Axe-Fx III input for the rest of the chain -- compression, EQ and EMT style reverb. So if you have that signal chain before the Axe-Fx III, you can reproduce "the real thing" sound.

How does the "BritRockRoyalty" Tonepack sound with the newest 9.00 Axe FXIII firmware?
There doesn't seem to be many video demos for it?

Back
Top Bottom