Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
PS I fell in love on the FM3 with the Divided by 13 amps last night as I dialed them in. It really felt like the real amp was in the room with me, and the legacy /13 IR was spot-on and killer.

Is this amp block also in the AxeIII ? I know there is one but is it the same?

I just updated to 12.11 from 12.10 and all the Austin Buddy presets are saying they've been edited with the save button highlighted in Axe Edit. All my own, and any others I've downloaded, are fine, just these???
Am I missing something obvious here that caused this? They were fine in 12.10 and I've not changed anything. Weird.

I just updated to 12.11 from 12.10 and all the Austin Buddy presets are saying they've been edited with the save button highlighted in Axe Edit. All my own, and any others I've downloaded, are fine, just these???
Am I missing something obvious here that caused this? They were fine in 12.10 and I've not changed anything. Weird.
News to me. I will take a look but I am slammed on trying to finish the new 1000+ "Live Gold" TonePack for the FM3 (and then coming on the heels of that release, a version also for the Axe-Fx III) most of this week.

Any other folks have this issue? Sambora73, You did update to the latest Axe-III edit, yes? Turn machine on and off, still there?

News to me. I will take a look but I am slammed on trying to finish the new 1000+ "Live Gold" TonePack for the FM3 (and then coming on the heels of that release, a version also for the Axe-Fx III) most of this week.

Any other folks have this issue? Sambora73, You did update to the latest Axe-III edit, yes? Turn machine on and off, still there?
Just updated to 12.11. None of my presets say edited, including the AB ones.

Yeah, did all the usual. Like I say, it’s only yours. Any others are fine. I haven’t changed any settings either.
Probably just a glitch. I’ll try reloading the presets again and report back.

Hey guys -- I got asked about the status of the LIVE GOLD Tonepack for FM3 (and for the Axe-Fx III). Pasting in what I wrote on that post here as an FYI. - AB

-----
This written "status update" is for the "1000+ Live Gold" Tonepack for FM3 (and not the Axe-Fx III version) which is the successor to the 1000+ Dream Rigs.

(There will be an Axe-Fx III version coming that adds Outputs 3 and 4 made available later. Why not Axe-Fx III yet? One beta tester reported some presets are not importing over correctly from FM3 to Axe-Fx III with the volumes correct, so I have to run all that down next week).

It is still my plan that anyone who buys the Live Gold TonePack will get both an FM3 and Axe-Fx III version of the presets as one product/one price. I'll add the Axe-Fx III version to downloads when done/later in July. Will also start selling this on special introductory sale for $79 for a few weeks - like I usually do -- before it goes up to normal price of $99. That serves as the "past customer discount" to those who have bought Naked Amps or Dream Rigs. I'll send an email out to all past customers about this new product and introductory sale price later this month so everyone has notice and can take advantage of the summer sale for this.

Bank 1 is the Marshall-style amps, also including the Splawns, Friedmans, Cameron, Bogners and Captain Hook. Just 12 presets left (48+ scenes) to be leveled today and some cab lo/high cut tweaks to get the bottom end right, so will be done today! Will send off to some beta guys - but not sure if they can test it before weekend hits.

Man, these are the BEST Marshall-style sounds I ever programmed -- really sounds like a 4x12 is in the corner of my studio coming out my Atomic Neo-CLR that is 12 feet away from me, the bottom end is there but not too boomy, good mids and balanced. You can totally gig with these. The foot switchable CS2 Amp BOOST dialed-in is essential to get them "phat" and singing like real Marshall style amps do! This FM31.04 firmware with improved amp modeling really is "the shiz-nit."

Also, FYI, like Dream Rigs, there are 10 blank presets at the beginning of each bank as a work space, plus there are empty preset "dividers" (with amp names) to make it easier to find amp sections.

Bank 2 - Fenders, Vox and Vintage, Class A and various Boutique amp bank -- those are all done. Super happy with them.

Bank 3 - these are the modern/metal amps (ENGL, Diezel, EVH, Mesa-Boogie, etc.) plus some misc. presets. This is the final work left to be done. Bank 3 is constructed and all laid out (meaning I have presets/scenes created in rough draft), but this week my time will be spend doing a good scrubbing, EQ and gain tweaks, and Cab IR auditions, and then final leveling). So that's my main focus next 72+ hours into the weekend, polishing those Bank 3 presets up to sound as good as they can.

As a cool bonus, have some Bank 3 Prog. metal presets completed (with four scenes each) mainly on the 5150-style models that my amigo Mark Holcomb of Periphery (he lives in Austin) came over and did last week, using his signature PRS guitars. What a KILLER player!

These included 5150 presets sound amazing on those PRS guitars (and when MARK plays them!) -- but weirdly aren't nearly as good sounding on my SG's pickups though. Must be the kind of pickups he's using... will note "PRS" in preset names (MarkH-PRS). So you prog. metal guys should dig those!

Mark may come over again to help with a few more if his time permits, he was gracious and great guy to work with. We also did an "Unchained" Van Halen preset scene that nails it!

So - being upfront with ya'll -- I'm honestly not sure in 72 hours I can finish bank 3 to my quality standards/satisfaction worthy of release - but I'm going to try.

As an alternative, may go ahead and start selling the Fm3 Live Gold Tonepack initially with Banks 1 & 2 available in download account this weekend, with a note that "Bank 3 is coming and is included in your purchase, and will be made available in your downloads folder in next 7-10 days."

All this said, no question everything will be done -- FM3 all 3 Banks, Axe-Fx III all 3 Banks, version maybe a modest effects blocks library, multiple video tutorials (several needed) and some FM3 and FC-6/12 layout options all have to be done, and should by the time August hits, it's all coming together.

Hope this helps, let's see how the next 72 hours goes -- now back to work!

Hey guys -- I got asked about the status of the LIVE GOLD Tonepack for FM3 (and for the Axe-Fx III). Pasting in what I wrote on that post here as an FYI. - AB

-----
This written "status update" is for the "1000+ Live Gold" Tonepack for FM3 (and not the Axe-Fx III version) which is the successor to the 1000+ Dream Rigs.

(There will be an Axe-Fx III version coming that adds Outputs 3 and 4 made available later. Why not Axe-Fx III yet? One beta tester reported some presets are not importing over correctly from FM3 to Axe-Fx III with the volumes correct, so I have to run all that down next week).

It is still my plan that anyone who buys the Live Gold TonePack will get both an FM3 and Axe-Fx III version of the presets as one product/one price. I'll add the Axe-Fx III version to downloads when done/later in July. Will also start selling this on special introductory sale for $79 for a few weeks - like I usually do -- before it goes up to normal price of $99. That serves as the "past customer discount" to those who have bought Naked Amps or Dream Rigs. I'll send an email out to all past customers about this new product and introductory sale price later this month so everyone has notice and can take advantage of the summer sale for this.

Bank 1 is the Marshall-style amps, also including the Splawns, Friedmans, Cameron, Bogners and Captain Hook. Just 12 presets left (48+ scenes) to be leveled today and some cab lo/high cut tweaks to get the bottom end right, so will be done today! Will send off to some beta guys - but not sure if they can test it before weekend hits.

Man, these are the BEST Marshall-style sounds I ever programmed -- really sounds like a 4x12 is in the corner of my studio coming out my Atomic Neo-CLR that is 12 feet away from me, the bottom end is there but not too boomy, good mids and balanced. You can totally gig with these. The foot switchable CS2 Amp BOOST dialed-in is essential to get them "phat" and singing like real Marshall style amps do! This FM31.04 firmware with improved amp modeling really is "the shiz-nit."

Also, FYI, like Dream Rigs, there are 10 blank presets at the beginning of each bank as a work space, plus there are empty preset "dividers" (with amp names) to make it easier to find amp sections.

Bank 2 - Fenders, Vox and Vintage, Class A and various Boutique amp bank -- those are all done. Super happy with them.

Bank 3 - these are the modern/metal amps (ENGL, Diezel, EVH, Mesa-Boogie, etc.) plus some misc. presets. This is the final work left to be done. Bank 3 is constructed and all laid out (meaning I have presets/scenes created in rough draft), but this week my time will be spend doing a good scrubbing, EQ and gain tweaks, and Cab IR auditions, and then final leveling). So that's my main focus next 72+ hours into the weekend, polishing those Bank 3 presets up to sound as good as they can.

As a cool bonus, have some Bank 3 Prog. metal presets completed (with four scenes each) mainly on the 5150-style models that my amigo Mark Holcomb of Periphery (he lives in Austin) came over and did last week, using his signature PRS guitars. What a KILLER player!

These included 5150 presets sound amazing on those PRS guitars (and when MARK plays them!) -- but weirdly aren't nearly as good sounding on my SG's pickups though. Must be the kind of pickups he's using... will note "PRS" in preset names (MarkH-PRS). So you prog. metal guys should dig those!

Mark may come over again to help with a few more if his time permits, he was gracious and great guy to work with. We also did an "Unchained" Van Halen preset scene that nails it!

So - being upfront with ya'll -- I'm honestly not sure in 72 hours I can finish bank 3 to my quality standards/satisfaction worthy of release - but I'm going to try.

As an alternative, may go ahead and start selling the Fm3 Live Gold Tonepack initially with Banks 1 & 2 available in download account this weekend, with a note that "Bank 3 is coming and is included in your purchase, and will be made available in your downloads folder in next 7-10 days."

All this said, no question everything will be done -- FM3 all 3 Banks, Axe-Fx III all 3 Banks, version maybe a modest effects blocks library, multiple video tutorials (several needed) and some FM3 and FC-6/12 layout options all have to be done, and should by the time August hits, it's all coming together.

Hope this helps, let's see how the next 72 hours goes -- now back to work!

Thanks for the update. No need to rush. I can certainly wait some more for the high quality you produce. Looking forward to it!

If bank 1 & 2 are done I wouldn't mind paying now to have something to start messing with during the break.
That was kind of my thinking, I'm going to aim for that....will know by Friday morning by Bank 1 is literally almost done/my morning and afternoon task!

Hello Austin,

I’ve been anxiously waiting for an Axe III version of the Dream Rigs since I got my III.. so I have to say I have mixed feeling about your message.. I am somewhat disapointed (maybe too big a word..) with the recent shift in focus for many preset makers (including you) toward the FM3.. while I understand the cross-compatibility between the 2, I fear I will end up paying for a preset pack that will not be taking full advantage of the AxeIII processing power, but rather something that has been scaled down to work on the FM3..

Could you maybe clarify if I’m wrong here? Will there be more differences between the FM3 and AxeIII versions beyond leveling and adding ouputs 3-4?

Sorry to be a pain here.. and to be clear - will very likely end up purchasing regardless! ;-)

Cheers,
Joce

Banks 1 & 2 are DONE for both FM3 and Axe-Fx III.

Will be released tomorrow evening (Friday) for your weekend pleasure.

Will be ON SALE on my website www.austinbuddy.com sometime in late afternoon Friday for $79 through August 31, then back to normal $99 pricing.

Bank 3 isn't done yet though, however, will be available a few more weeks late July or early August (when done it will be added into account downloads and I'll send out email notice that it is there).

Also working on down-and-dirty video tutorial this weekend, some possible FM3 and OMG9 and FC6/12 page layouts and other things.

Thanks everyone for hanging in there. You are going to LOVE these presets With a really good and "loud enough for a gig" FRFR, that elusive "amp in my room" sound is here with these LIVE GOLD tones.

More soon. Need some sleep now! My fingers can't type, play chords or leads, or click a computer mouse anymore! :p

Well... "Houston, we have a problem."

It's short-term bad news for Axe-Fx III owners who wanted the LIVE GOLD Tonepack this weekend (but not a problem for the FM3 owners, it will be ready in a few hours to buy).

The Live Gold presets for the FM3 sound fantastic.

But in beta testing (thanks Rex in particular) we discovered that those identical presets don't always sound the same tonally (as originally designed) when imported into the Axe-Fx III. Who knows why (I don't). In some cases it is minor tone thing, in others kinda of significant.

So that means I have to go back through the entire Banks 1 & 2 for the Axe-Fx III LIVE GOLD version and re-tweak them to sound as intended when made on their little brother FM3 version. And that puts off finishing Bank 3 (metal amps) as well on the timetable I wanted.

Re-working 700+ scenes in Banks 2& 3 for Axe-Fx III is going to take a few weeks to do. I'm truly gang, sorry but I didn't see this coming - was laboring under the impression that the blocks would translate tonally and exactly from FM3 to the Axe-Fx III, and in many cases they apparently do not. I can't release something it is not "right" yet.

Just a head's up as soon as I found out. FM3 version of Live Gold TonePack s still set to release in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom