Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I just bought these last night - the sale price lured me in. I was skeptical, and held off buying these. I've never had great success using other people's presets from the Axe-Exchange. Settings dialed in with other people's guitars and gear rarely translates well in my experience. These are different and sound great with every guitar I try. I'm stunned at how well these are going to work for me as-is without tweaking. And it's incredible nice to have presets/scenes for every amp model in the box

Every AxeFX owner should have these. Absolutely fantastic. Excellent work on this!

Edit: The Hendrix presets are off the charts. Just outstanding!

Last edited:
Is there a Dream Rigs pack in the works for the III or is the Nked amps kinda similar since it utilizes scenes heavily? I like the idea of my clean rhythm lead being all set for me already since you do it way better than I could :)

Is there a Dream Rigs pack in the works for the III or is the Nked amps kinda similar since it utilizes scenes heavily? I like the idea of my clean rhythm lead being all set for me already since you do it way better than I could :)
They are different things. I can do 8 scenes per amp in the Axe-Fx-III, pack much more in per preset. Axe-Fx-III does have some of the old Naked Amps DNA in it but expanded. Was dialed in for recording but can be used Live. Dream rigs were dialed in on AX8 different firmware and CPu processor, and dialed in more for live use. Hope that helps!

Sorry, thought I had replied. The Dream rigs was originally developed for the AX8 for live applications and a lot of thoughy went into footswitches and boosts and single coil compatability. There is definately some Naked Amps TonePack “DNA” in the presets but I dialed most of them in from scratch. The metal amps are different too. Whenever I upgrade the Axe-III when necessary for 2.x or 3.x I do intend to fold in some additional sounds from the Dream Rigs into the 1000+ TonePack for Axe-Fx III, but it probably will be summer before any type upgrade would be done and available. Hope that helps.

I just bought these last night - the sale price lured me in. I was skeptical, and held off buying these. I've never had great success using other people's presets from the Axe-Exchange. Settings dialed in with other people's guitars and gear rarely translates well in my experience. These are different and sound great with every guitar I try. I'm stunned at how well these are going to work for me as-is without tweaking. And it's incredible nice to have presets/scenes for every amp model in the box

Every AxeFX owner should have these. Absolutely fantastic. Excellent work on this!

Edit: The Hendrix presets are off the charts. Just outstanding!
Thank you!!!

the following sound is only Guitar ------> AxeFXIII (AFD100 amp austin buddy) with no tweaks) ------> via USB into DAW (cubase)
sorry for some mistakes within playing but i think you can hear the great sound:

i love the sound... only pull the tone knob back to 3

Sorry, thought I had replied. The Dream rigs was originally developed for the AX8 for live applications and a lot of thoughy went into footswitches and boosts and single coil compatability. There is definately some Naked Amps TonePack “DNA” in the presets but I dialed most of them in from scratch. The metal amps are different too. Whenever I upgrade the Axe-III when necessary for 2.x or 3.x I do intend to fold in some additional sounds from the Dream Rigs into the 1000+ TonePack for Axe-Fx III, but it probably will be summer before any type upgrade would be done and available. Hope that helps.
Cool. I’m gonna buy the Axe 3 pack this weekend. Can’t wait.

...... I can do 8 scenes per amp in the Axe-Fx-III, pack much more in per preset. Axe-Fx-III does have some of the old Naked Amps DNA in it but expanded. Was dialed in for recording but can be used Live .....

Hi Austin - *Very* happy with the Naked Amps 1000+

re: using the 1000+ presets live with a CLR FRFR

=> do you do anything to the actual prests themselves for live FRFR [ through a CLR ] use ..... (?) of is it just a case of Hi / Lo Global EQ cuts to suit the stage and room your playing in (?)

Thanks
Ben

Hi Austin - *Very* happy with the Naked Amps 1000+

re: using the 1000+ presets live with a CLR FRFR

=> do you do anything to the actual prests themselves for live FRFR [ through a CLR ] use ..... (?) of is it just a case of Hi / Lo Global EQ cuts to suit the stage and room your playing in (?)

Thanks
Ben

Ben - because FRFRs are not created equal, the Global Output EQ 1 and 2 are your best friends for globally fine tuning the overall sound to the room you are in. In my video tutorial #2 of the Ax8 DreamRigs hardware setup, there is a short segment near end on what you might do there, such as univerally cut/drop everything under a low like 60hz or high like 16Khz. You can also make SLIGHT boosts in mid areas ( usually under 1db) as well. I would only use Global EQ if I had too, I usually leave it flat for my system, but it can help if an FRFR you use is universally too woofy on bass or harsh in high end, etc to tame that.

Ben - because FRFRs are not created equal, the Global Output EQ 1 and 2 are your best friends for globally fine tuning the overall sound to the room you are in. In my video tutorial #2 of the Ax8 DreamRigs hardware setup, there is a short segment near end on what you might do there, such as univerally cut/drop everything under a low like 60hz or high like 16Khz. You can also make SLIGHT boosts in mid areas ( usually under 1db) as well. I would only use Global EQ if I had too, I usually leave it flat for my system, but it can help if an FRFR you use is universally too woofy on bass or harsh in high end, etc to tame that.

Thanks Austin - great advice ! - much appreciated :)

Very recent Axe FX III owner here.. I have a question before purchasing.

I have Output 1 sent digitally (with SPDIF) to my audio interface/DAW for monitoring with my studio speakers (with CAB block enabled). Output 3 is sent to the effect returns of my tube amps/cabinets (bypassing the CAB block).

My question is, will I be able to use this pack without reconfiguring every preset to use OUT3 (with cab block bypassed) rather than OUT2? Also, you indicate that OUT2 is dry only. I would like any effects to remain, but CAB block disabled only on OUT2 (which I will want to be OUT3).. will this work without reconfiguring all presets?

Thanks.

Last edited:

I have Output 1 sent digitally (with SPDIF) to my audio interface/DAW for monitoring with my studio speakers (with CAB block enabled). Output 3 is sent to the effect returns of my tube amps/cabinets (bypassing the CAB block).

My question is, will I be able to use this pack without reconfiguring every preset to use OUT3 (with cab block bypassed) rather than OUT2? Also, you indicate that OUT2 is dry only. I would like any effects to remain, but CAB block disabled only on OUT2 (which I will want to be OUT3).. will this work without reconfiguring all presets?

Thanks.

Am away from my machine. Will get back to you when I look into this. You aren't going to be able to have effects if you tap after the amp but before the effects to go to a power amp, the way it's all designed. Then again, as I like to point out, it makes not a lot of sense to route a Tweed Champ into a 4x12 and expect it to sound like a Tweed champ as designed... although it may sound cool. :)

Hi Rekster,
I’m not sure if the outputs are covered yet, but fractal has a handy Batch feature that can apply a change across a range of presets. Might be worth looking into using it to make the changes you need.
Thanks
Pauly

Thanks.

Hi Rekster,
I’m not sure if the outputs are covered yet, but fractal has a handy Batch feature that can apply a change across a range of presets. Might be worth looking into using it to make the changes you need.
Thanks
Pauly
Yes FracTool is awesome, but Rekster wants to use a signal path that includes wet effects both ways - into S/PDIF (1) and also XLR out (3) to power cab. You can either have a Cab Block on, or off - but it' can't be both simultaneously.

The problem is, if you have the cab block last (after effects) and it's in mono Cab block, then there are no stereo effects in SP/DIF even if you tap after effects but before cab being last.

So I tap off the Amp Block before the cab for the Out 3. There may be some new way to configure this for what he wants, but the Stereo/mono cab problem remains I think. Not sure FracTool can fix this (yet)...

Am away from my machine. Will get back to you when I look into this. You aren't going to be able to have effects if you tap after the amp but before the effects to go to a power amp, the way it's all designed. Then again, as I like to point out, it makes not a lot of sense to route a Tweed Champ into a 4x12 and expect it to sound like a Tweed champ as designed... although it may sound cool. :)

Thanks for getting back to me, I understand completely. Your tone pack is meant to be used with FRFR in order to get the best results. I may go FRFR at some point, but as I'm very new to Axe FX III, I'm still using my old tube amps and Mesa cabinets. At least for now. :) I'm probably better off just using my studio monitors to get the best experience with your tonepack, and if there's any presets I really like I can tweak them manually for my needs.

I've bought this pack several days ago! That is so amazing great sounds! just plug and play!!! Thank you Austin for your excellent work! Just one question - how I can delete scenes don't use. For example I need only 4 scenes for song, how I can clear others? Thank you for replay!

I've bought this pack several days ago! That is so amazing great sounds! just plug and play!!! Thank you Austin for your excellent work! Just one question - how I can delete scenes don't use. For example I need only 4 scenes for song, how I can clear others? Thank you for replay!
You can't delete scenes. Every preset always has eight scenes forever. It's the same with every preset that ever existed for the Axe-Fx III.

If you only use four of those scenes, you can change or erase the names of scenes you don't want. And you can move scenes around using copy and paste.

Back
Top Bottom