Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
For the ones using a RJM GT-22 type of pedal.
I suppose there's no easy (global) way to swap the Control Switches for External Controllers.
I suppose we have to do it for every preset manually.

Hi - just installed firmware 13 on Axe Fx 3 and all gain has gone from the new Live Gold (installed yesterday) and my Naked Amps presets.

Reset to firmware 12.4 and the tone is back.

Not sure what’s going on but happy on old firmware ...

Hi - just installed firmware 13 on Axe Fx 3 and all gain has gone from the new Live Gold (installed yesterday) and my Naked Amps presets.

Reset to firmware 12.4 and the tone is back.

Not sure what’s going on but happy on old firmware ...

Check out 13.01 which should fix that

For the ones using a RJM GT-22 type of pedal.
I suppose there's no easy (global) way to swap the Control Switches for External Controllers.
I suppose we have to do it for every preset manually.

Someone else had asked about this with an RJM. So I checked with Fractal and unfortunately no, you can’t map MIDI controllers to the CS Controllers, and there is no universal global swap feature for this to make them work.

I am wondering though if this is something a future version of FracTool might be able to do. I will tag Alex G. here later.

Sorry.

The change in the Timmy knobs is mentioned in the release notes.... :)
That makes sense -- Cliff says the controls now work like the pedal does. I expect the Timmy will need to be re-set...you guys can handle it for now on your own, very very few preset scenes (probably <10 in 1000+) are specifically set to use the Timmy Drive in Channel D.

Just a head's up -- just sent out an email 2020 Summer Update newsletter to everyone on my subscriber list that comprehensively covers a lot of stuff.

I send these newsletter 2-3 times out just a year, tops. Most people not active on the forums rely on this notice about TonePack firmware updates, etc.

Just an FYI, feel free to unsubscribe if you don't want to get these.

Sound as good as before to me.

So, I haven't tested Naked Amps presets for the below models yet, but I am going through the LiveGold ones from version 12.14 to 14.x and can report this so far...

Aside from the amp models listed below, there are no amp changes under firmware 14 -- so everything is good as ever, with these exceptions:

(These are the amp model changes/fixes in firmware 14 according to Cliff):

JMP-1s - I did an amp reset and then re input the preset settings, they all pretty sound the same if not better.

Small Box - this amp did change and it sounds much better. The gain changes a little.

Diezel VH4 Blue
- this amp sounds thicker and better too.

Diezel Herbie - this really changed for the better, great before, killer now, bigger shift - it jumps out the speakers

Rectifiers - haven't done them all yet, can't say...

Wanna try to update yourself? If you write down the"Ideal" page amps settings for each scene as you go (don't forget to turn speaker compression OFF after the reset), and you reset the amp block, change to another amp, then change back, and re-input the original amp settings and save, you are good to go. You can tweak to taste but everything thing I've checked will sound as good or better under 14 using original 12.x amps settings.

Will do that for you guys myself on these amps when I do a Naked Amps update but that's still a few months away and who knows what new firmware may come out before then? I'll add the new amps in too when I do the update.

Cheers!

Finally... the new 200+ Bass Tonepack for FM3 and Axe-Fx III is DONE and up.

It's on sale on my website NOW throughout October for introductory $69 price, normal price $79.

It has 400+ great bass tones, all in one bank, about 50-50 basic bass amp presets to artist-style presets. I'll be shooting a tutorial video over the next few days/weekend and get that up, and start a thread on it.

If you play bass or need good bass sounds to record, this is the only tool you'll need. Really proud of this one, worked with Scott Nelson here last few months to get it done.

Lot's more to say...but will do in a new preset thread this weekend!

Cheers! Onward and upwards!

It's on sale on my website NOW throughout October for introductory $69 price, normal price $79.

It has 400+ great bass tones, all in one bank, about 50-50 basic bass amp presets to artist-style presets. I'll be shooting a tutorial video over the next few days/weekend and get that up, and start a thread on it.

If you play bass or need good bass sounds to record, this is the only tool you'll need. Really proud of this one, worked with Scott Nelson here last few months to get it done.

YESSSSSSS!

I got to beta-test these. Killer. Even if you have the most obscure tastes in the world, you'll find at least 17 things to love here.

HOLY SWEET JESUS!!! YOU RAAAAWK AB!!! :smiley:

Back
Top Bottom