Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
While I would have loved to go through these this weekend, I’m glad the FM3 folks can get them soon. If there’s one thing 2020 has reinforced, it’s being patient. All in good time.

That's weird. Thought if the FM3 and Axe 3 had the same settings they'd sound the same.
You and me both amigo. There may be something I'm missing, but right now my ears are telling me I need to go through every Axe-Fx III preset versions and re-tweak them. They aren't the same. I sued Preset Manager to impor the Fm3 version and load them into the Axe-Fx III. All the amp values look identical as FM3 versions. But in too many cases, the sound is not the same, tonally.

@austinbuddy, what are the chances this is happening because the FM3 and Axe III firmwares aren't at equivalent versions? If that's the case, given the frequency of updates, then a) maybe just wait a bit and I'll straighten out by itself, b) might be worth pinging Cliff and asking, and c) this could be a moving target forever, which would kinda not be great for you, other preset makers, and even users.

You and me both amigo. There may be something I'm missing, but right now my ears are telling me I need to go through every Axe-Fx III preset versions and re-tweak them. They aren't the same. I sued Preset Manager to impor the Fm3 version and load them into the Axe-Fx III. All the amp values look identical as FM3 versions. But in too many cases, the sound is not the same, tonally.

So FM3 presets in theory should import right over to the Axe correct? Maybe it's because of the different firmwares?

@austinbuddy, what are the chances this is happening because the FM3 and Axe III firmwares aren't at equivalent versions? If that's the case, given the frequency of updates, then a) maybe just wait a bit and I'll straighten out by itself, b) might be worth pinging Cliff and asking, and c) this could be a moving target forever, which would kinda not be great for you, other preset makers, and even users.
I don't want to speculate "why" because I'll probably be made a fool of (laughing) once all the data and testing comes in. Some of my personal beta testing buddies are checking my work here and collectively we will figure out next steps.

I do remember when I did the Dream Rigs I had the exact thing happen - I made everything on the AX8 and when I then imported into Axe-Fx Mark II, I had to go through everything again and adjust it -- even on firmware Q10.01 (pre ARES 2.0).

Could be hardware differences/CPU, could be firmware differences, or could be stupid human error by me somehow. I've been pretty over-caffeinated last few days pushing to get this out. I'll wait until the facts come in from others on the case before concluding anything.

I just know from doing A/B tests of same preset on an FM3 and Axe-Fx III, adjusting for signal differences, that the two dozen or so of Axe-Fx III Live Gold presets versions compared were not up to the killerness of the FM3 versions of those sounds - that was enough to say "something's not right here."

I'm not going to release them for Axe-Fx III until they are as killer as the FM3 ones coming out tonight - you guys know me, I really care about this stuff being quality and killer. For all I know, when I get into it, it may just be going into the EQ of the amp and adding some 500Hz and some 4k and the imported presets wake back up again on the Axe-Fx III - but I just don't know yet. This weekend I will have a better idea, but I have to spend the next few hours making a user tutorial video for the Live Gold FM3 users sop I don't have type a 40 page manual. ...hahaha.

Also just want to thank everyone for the support and understanding - it means a lot to me. I HATE to let people's expectations down and really wanted both of these to launch together today. Bu we WILL get this fixed and done well before Labor Day shows up! Gonna sign off for a bit now.

So FM3 presets in theory should import right over to the Axe correct? Maybe it's because of the different firmwares?
I really don't know why, it's all speculation. I just know the fact is, the same FM3 preset sounds different on the Axe-Fx III, and you can't just import them over - they don't sound identical. Believe I wish it weren't so, else I'd be releasing the Axe-Fx III Live Gold right now as well. But it's not the same tonally/not what I designed on the FM3 (and those presets KILL).

I really don't know why, it's all speculation. I just know the fact is, the same FM3 preset sounds different on the Axe-Fx III, and you can't just import them over - they don't sound identical. Believe I wish it weren't so, else I'd be releasing the Axe-Fx III Live Gold right now as well. But it's not the same tonally/not what I designed on the FM3 (and those presets KILL).
I have spotted at least one difference in the amp model in one of @2112's videos when the FM3 just arrived, in that the bias-mod tremolo is not present in the FM3. The presets do import to the AxeFX3, but it's possible some other less visible deep tweaks are also absent, and these account for the differences.

Flippin Eck! Was milliseconds from clicking purchase when discovered no AXE-FX III at the moment. Hope its gets sorted soon. Thanks!!

So if we buy the FM3 version now will that give us automatically access to the full Axe-FX III version when it officially comes out?

thx!
Joce

theres no telling. The only thing that makes sense is every single person that checks out shopping touches the card readers

Why do they touch the card readers? Don't you have contactless card readers where you are? In the backwoods down here in Australia, I just wave my phone over the reader. If you don't have phone pay set up, you wave your contactless credit/debit card over the reader. No need to touch anything. I think if the amount spent is large (as in a few hundred dollars) then you have to put in a PIN - but you can do that with the end of a pencil, or anything. However, our regular grocery shop is somewhere between $50 and $150, so no PIN is ever needed. No touching at all. Even Macdonalds advertise on TV their contactless payments. Same with delivery drivers - no signing of their PalmPilot thingy - they either mark it themselves, or use it to take a photo of you holding the package as proof of delivery.

Why do they touch the card readers? Don't you have contactless card readers where you are? In the backwoods down here in Australia, I just wave my phone over the reader. If you don't have phone pay set up, you wave your contactless credit/debit card over the reader. No need to touch anything. I think if the amount spent is large (as in a few hundred dollars) then you have to put in a PIN - but you can do that with the end of a pencil, or anything. However, our regular grocery shop is somewhere between $50 and $150, so no PIN is ever needed. No touching at all. Even Macdonalds advertise on TV their contactless payments. Same with delivery drivers - no signing of their PalmPilot thingy - they either mark it themselves, or use it to take a photo of you holding the package as proof of delivery.
The newer, nicer, contactless readers cost $$$. Things that cost $$$ cut into profit. Business' attitude in this country, for the most part, is F*** the customer's (and retail employees') safety if it costs us a penny more....

Back
Top Bottom