Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
... speaking of Dream Rigs... hope you did not forget us who are still waiting for it on the III! ;-)

@Joce -- I think the FM3 Dream Rigs TonePack version coming will also be compatible with the Axe-Fx III the way they've (Fractal) designed the presets to be compatible/interact. So doing one will also do the other simultaneously.

So my plan (as of now, it can change as I get deeper into it and encounter stuff) is to design a Dream Rigs TonePack for FM3 but those same presets should also import fine into Axe-Fx III as well -- and so we'll have TonePack versions of both.

If you have an Axe-Fx III you would have more room to add your own effects -- but the initial preset signal chain layout for an Axe-Fx III version will be shorter to work with an FM3's smaller grid and CPU.

It's not just a simple port over from Dream Rigs prior work on Axe-Fx, I have reset amps, fix Cabs to use Factory ones more than User IRs where I can, re-do each preset's signal chain contents and blocks, all to fit an FM3 preset and an Axe-Fx III and use all the ABCD channels now, not just X/Y, if that makes sense, and still keep CPU down under 80% or so on an FM3.

And I still don't have an FM3 myself, should by early March, but I'm starting the work on the Axe-Fx III on a template that has been tested on an FM3 and that is confirmed to be a cross-compatible preset template in FM3 edit.

The more complicated I make this, the longer it will take to produce it, but I'm starting on it now and will keep ya'll posted. If we are lucky I'll have it all done by end of March (or early April?) but I have lots of business travel coming up that robs me of a few weeks of working on this, and as you guys know I am painstaking -- it is important to me personally to do this right so it sounds amazing, and not simply expeditiously. I'm on it!

Hi Austin, first of all thank you very much for your incredible work and attention to detail. Your presets are a huge treasure. I have a question, you write that for FW 12 you set the low cut between 130 and 150 and the high cut at 7.5 to 10k. I find this on the preamp page of the cab block, but you didn't choose a preamp. Is that correct? I thought that settings on this page are only effective when a preamp is selected.
Am I wrong?

Hi Austin!
I use a Celestion Gold speaker.
Frequency range
75-5000Hz
Should I set the low cut between 130 and 150 and the high cut between 7.5 and 10k?
Or set it to 5KHz?

Hi Austin, first of all thank you very much for your incredible work and attention to detail. Your presets are a huge treasure. I have a question, you write that for FW 12 you set the low cut between 130 and 150 and the high cut at 7.5 to 10k. I find this on the preamp page of the cab block, but you didn't choose a preamp. Is that correct? I thought that settings on this page are only effective when a preamp is selected.
Am I wrong?
You are incorrect, they work and are separate from the preamp. Try for yourself and see!

Hi Austin, sorry but I can't find where you dialed the high and low cut. Is it in the amp block or in the cab block?
Cab block, preamp page. The preamp is off but the lo and hi cut there is independent of the preamp (global). Note that on the main Cab page you can also apply lo and hi cut by specific IR too, which is great. But I mainly use the Cab global one first then might fine tune by each IR if needed.

@austinbuddy No wish to offend you and the sterling reputation you carry on this forum, but is there anywhere someone can download a sample preset of your AX3 work before buying the whole pack?

@austinbuddy No wish to offend you and the sterling reputation you carry on this forum, but is there anywhere someone can download a sample preset of your AX3 work before buying the whole pack?

No affiliation with @austinbuddy , but I’ll just say this: you won’t regret the purchase. You will learn things. Maybe you’ll learn that you already were doing things pretty much right, but even having that knowledge will help you shift focus from tweaking to playing.

Hi Everyone. My website will be down temporarily for maintenance for the next few days.

You will not be able to access any downloads or place any orders until we are back up and running.

I will let everyone know when it is back up and running again by posting here. Thanks!

P.S. My FM3 finally arrives tomorrow -- so I'm excited to get started working on a TonePack for that.

Argh.. tried the link and still down. I definitely want to purchase the Naked Amp package for the III. Don’t make me drive to Austin! 😩

@austinbuddy - I have my Axe FX III to set to +4dBu and OUT1 is at 3:00. When I connect to my QSC TM16 digital mixer with XLR cables, everything works just fine, no gain or pad is needed. Line level input, per Cliff. However, if I connect to my Apollo Quad with the XLR cables, I can’t choose Line, I have to choose Mic. The input shoots way into the red, even with no gain. I have to turn OUT1 down to around 1:00. I’d have to use the Pad if I kept OUT1 at 3:00. Is there something that I’m missing or doing wrong?

@austinbuddy - I have my Axe FX III to set to +4dBu and OUT1 is at 3:00. When I connect to my QSC TM16 digital mixer with XLR cables, everything works just fine, no gain or pad is needed. Line level input, per Cliff. However, if I connect to my Apollo Quad with the XLR cables, I can’t choose Line, I have to choose Mic. The input shoots way into the red, even with no gain. I have to turn OUT1 down to around 1:00. I’d have to use the Pad if I kept OUT1 at 3:00. Is there something that I’m missing or doing wrong?
I don't own one but, I believe the Apollo has 1/4" line level inputs, so you'd need two xlr female to 1/4" TS cables to connect to those. HTH

Go XLR on Axe to 1/4 TRS cables into your Apollo. If you only have XLRs and go into XLRs ins you must not add any gain at the mic pre level (turn them down)

@Liam of the Clan My Apollo x6 XLR inputs default to +10db gain for line level without a unison preamp enabled, for whatever reason I can't figure out. I started using inputs 3/4 for Axe since I got a Slate modeling mic and 1/2 XLR are shared with TRS.
UA makes some strange design choices but whatever, it sounds amazing.

Back
Top Bottom