Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Most of you buying are having no issue using the "save20" coupon code if you bought a 700+ Tonepack before.

A handful of you are having the coupon code rejected. If you used a different email for PayPal checkout than the email used creating your account on the website, try and use the PayPal email address when prompted. It looks that email to validate for the $20 discount.

If that also fails, just let me know at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com, and we can verify past order info and then manually add your email to the coupon list. We've done about six like that so far. Thanks.

I could go on for days with the the superlatives.

Is your time worth money? I know mine is. AustinBuddy has done all the prep work for us! Minor adjustments for differences in gear and you're good to go. For those of you who belabor choosing what cab or cabs to use for a particular amp this TonePack is your best friend.

I have no problem supporting all the exhaustive hours that no doubtably were spent creating this gem.

Just buy it! You will not be disappointed.

Well done Buddy! Bravo!!!

There are SO many gems in here and I’ve literally just started scratching the surface. Like any presets you buy, there are some tweaks you’ll wanna do (I’m guessing you don’t dig the preamp in the cab block, eh?) but holy shit a LOT of work went into these !

Money well spent ! And I’ve only barely gotten through half of the first ten. FYI - there was one scene that pegged my CPU at 93% and I’ve never seen that with the III. I’ll post the actual preset number and scene later if you’d like.

Great job AustinBuddy !

Like other posters above have stated, this pack is an fan-f*-tas-tic piece of work. Not only its sheer volume is impressive, but the quality of the tones, the naming of presets and scenes (handy and very descriptive) and the variety of the presets and scenes are compelling.

This is the first time I experienced the Hot Kitty model to be a real nice and flexible amp model and I didn't even like the amp when I owned a real one..., go figure.

And if you thought you didn't like "Dumble" tones, try the Dumble and Ojai presets, especially the scenes for lead toners, yummy.

I like Buddy approach because he keeps it simple, and the sounds are extremely authentic.

There are other preset designers who deliver great work that stands out, certainly worth of looking into. Everybody has its own area of expertise. What sets Buddy's pack apart is that it allows you to get a "plug and play" and authentic taste of EVERY available model, with a variety of tones for each model. Having done a library of my own in the past, I cannot imagine how many hours this must have taken Buddy to complete.

It's most certainly an upgrade when compared to his TonePack for the II. More variety and even better tones, partly because of the expanded IR library we have in the III.

Very recommended indeed.

--
A short notice of affiliation: I was "slightly" involved in the beta phase of this product. I had the opportunity to try a couple of presets and commented on those. My recommendation above is based on the quality and value of the product, not on my minor involvement in the pre-phase. And I wasn't asked to post a favorite review.

FYI - there was one scene that pegged my CPU at 93% and I’ve never seen that with the III. I’ll post the actual preset number and scene later if you’d like.

Are you using the III as an audio device? I didn’t and that will add CPU. Also the more Cab IRs you use, the more CPU goes up... if you mute a cab or two you might save some CPU. Also all the reverbs are set to HI, yo can switch to low to save a little... thanks!

Oh @yek with the good disclosure hygiene. My bad.

I should also add a disclaimer, though it in no way changes my opinion of these presets and the work @austinbuddy has put in here, that I was given free, preview access to the entire pack.

I find @austinbuddy's work so compelling and useful to me I paid for the pack even though it had been given it for free already. His time and effort is completely worth the $99; I'll happily pay it every time.

Adding to the above posts from Yek, Ian:

Just to check my work, I share my draft (beta) preset banks with about eight folks whose ears I trust to be like mine; most are a small subset of the Fractal beta team. Am grateful for their feedback. Those folks got the pack (early versions) for free from me to check it out. They help me catch little things before going final, like a level or scene issue. They get the final product, and I do not charge them, because their time/labor to listen critically is worth the cost to me. I initiate the contact/reach out.

I don’t request or ask anyone who beta tests an AustinBuddy product to post something positive on the forum as a surrogate; if you see that it is them all on their own if they do (and I am very grateful for it!).

However, I will sometimes in an email encourage customers who have already bought from me, and then who communicate by email with me afterwards, to generally say “great! please say nice things in public!” (not a detailed specific or directed request), and suggest share their happiness and satisfaction with all of us on the forum - but again, those are existing customers who are already telling me privately how ecstatic they are.

In the past, I have shared the final 700+
TonePack for free with some artist types where I initiate the contact. I tell them via email in advance that if they like it, would love for them to say or do something publicly to that effect, but make it clear they have no obligation to do so - there is no “quid pro quo” negotiation. Almost every video review or demo done on YouTube was without my prior knowledge - I learned about it after it was posted!

So probably more than 95% of the positive, enthusiastic, or applauding posts I see posted on the forum since last year’s July 2017 launch on the initial TonePack are purely organic, and not pre-meditatively “engineered” by me or anyone I am aware of. Proud of that! Keep my time focused on making tones!

I applaud transparency in all these public forum testimonial matters as a good policy.

Last edited:
Are you using the III as an audio device? I didn’t and that will add CPU. Also the more Cab IRs you use, the more CPU goes up... if you mute a cab or two you might save some CPU. Also all the reverbs are set to HI, yo can switch to low to save a little... thanks!

Hi AustinBuddy -

Nope, not using it as an audio device. I’ll pm you later with the specific patch name and scene.

Oh @yek with the good disclosure hygiene. My bad.

I should also add a disclaimer, though it in no way changes my opinion of these presets and the work @austinbuddy has put in here, that I was given free, preview access to the entire pack.

I find @austinbuddy's work so compelling and useful to me I paid for the pack even though it had been given it for free already. His time and effort is completely worth the $99; I'll happily pay it every time.
....you mean I should now feel guilty that I did receive the 20% discount..JK...
..? (I disclosed my early access on the original Naked Amps hype thread that I created upon initial release...)
And am very glad , @iaresee , that you too felt compelled to contribute monetarily....did not wanna be the only one.....I reiterate that Your AxeFx III experiences are INCOMPLETE until you have these......

Adding to the above posts from Yek, Ian:

Just to check my work, I share my draft (beta) preset banks with about eight folks whose ears I trust to be like mine; most are a small subset of the Fractal beta team. Am grateful for their feedback. Those folks got the pack (early versions) for free from me to check it out. They help me catch little things before going final, like a level or scene issue. They get the final product, and I do not charge them, because their time/labor to listen critically is worth the cost to me. I initiate the contact/reach out.

I don’t request or ask anyone who beta tests an AustinBuddy product to post something positive on the forum as a surrogate; if you see that it is them all on their own if they do (and I am very grateful for it!).

However, I will sometimes in an email encourage customers who have already bought from me, and then who communicate by email with me afterwards, to generally “great! please say nice things in public!” (not a detailed specific or directed request), and share their happiness and satisfaction with all of us on the forum - but again, those are existing customers who are already telling me privately how ecstatic they are.

In the past, I have shared the final 700+
TonePack for free with some artist types where I initiate the contact. I tell them via email in advance that if they like it, would love for them to say or do something publicly to that effect, but make it clear they have no obligation to do so - there is no “quid pro quo” negotiation. Almost ever video review or demo done on YouTube was without my prior knowledge - I learned about it after it was posted!

So probably more than 95% of the positive, enthusiastic, or applauding posts I see posted on the forum since last year’s July 2017 launch on the initial TonePack are purely organic, and not pre-meditatively “engineered” by me or anyone I am aware of. Proud of that! Keep my time focused on making tones!

I applaud transparency in all these public forum testimonial matters as a good policy.
In the spirit of disclosure, I also had the privilege of being a beta tester for the 1000+ Naked Amps Tonepack. My comments about it on this thread were not solicited by @austinbuddy . Instead, they echo my true impressions of the Tonepack that I had previously relayed to him privately while providing feedback to him. They really are that good. And that useful.

Last edited:
Is there somewhere I can get a list of the presets included? I didn't see anything on the site.

Edit: mainly looking for descriptions of what is represented in each... I get that it's the naked amps, but not sure exactly what to expect.

Last edited:
Well, There is a preset for every amp modeled in the III, plus a few cleans-only...so out of 263+ amp channels you get about 149 amp presets to cover those amps and multiple sounds for each of the 263 channels...that includes some Presets just for single coils like Strat or Tele...and a few extra bonus presets.

Each naked amps preset has at least four and usually 7 or 8 scenes. A few have effects. When you do the math it is over 1000 unique tones!

FracTool does not yet extract presets and scene names so the scene names are not available. The manual’s Appendix lists all the presets. We will get a video up at some point...

Hi AustinBuddy,

hmmm - are you sure about that? I used Fractool to convert to individual presets and could swear the scene names came across too!... If I'm wrong, I'll confirm this evening (Not with the unit right now).

Thanks
Pauly

Well, There is a preset for every amp modeled in the III, plus a few cleans-only...so out of 263+ amp channels you get about 149 amp presets to cover those amps and multiple sounds for each of the 263 channels...that includes some Presets just for single coils like Strat or Tele...and a few extra bonus presets.

Each naked amps preset has at least four and usually 7 or 8 scenes. A few have effects. When you do the math it is over 1000 unique tones!

FracTool does not yet extract presets and scene names so the scene names are not available. The manual’s Appendix lists all the presets. We will get a video up at some point...

Hi AustinBuddy,

hmmm - are you sure about that? I used Fractool to convert to individual presets and could swear the scene names came across too!... If I'm wrong, I'll confirm this evening (Not with the unit right now).

What i mean is that FracTool does a great print out (.xls or .pdf convertible file) of all presets and their cab names for the Ax8 and Axe-Fx — but that is not yet a function available for the Axe III... and would be good for showing scene names too. I suspect one day it will, and I would include that print out in future versions...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom