Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Buddy - I watched your new series of videos on the AF3 (thank you) and I have a question about user cabs. I see that user slot #1 is used, but then the next one uses slot #44, then #45, etc. Why the big jump between 1 and 44, will those empty slots get used in the future?

Buddy - I watched your new series of videos on the AF3 (thank you) and I have a question about user cabs. I see that user slot #1 is used, but then the next one uses slot #44, then #45, etc. Why the big jump between 1 and 44, will those empty slots get used in the future?
Great question. Relates to the evolution of all my products.

User 1 slot has used that Jimi IR since first 700+ Naked Amps tonepack, across different units.

User bank going from slot 2 to something like 20 I leave for users to do their own things so i won’t use those.

Dream Rigs presets use some slots in the 20’s and 30’s (away from my unit so not sure of exact) so i leave those alone.

the 200+ bass tonepack (coming soon) uses some In 40’and 50’s

the Brit Rock Royalty #1 uses 55 and 56

so these slotted in nicely in the 40’s

So from my end, there is no conflict between packs where two presets use different IRs in one/the same slot. They all layout with no overlap.

you can customize this your yourself. You can move User IRs around and SAVE but you would also need to go into thise affected presets and change the Cab IR to point to the new Cab location and SAVE. I would not recommend this for Dream Rigs presets —but it is easy to do for the Naked Amps since only a few of the “Other Maker” presets use user Cab IRs and a few bonus presets.

sorry for typos, on an iphone. As usual

EDIT: So @DougB415 here is how all the User Cab IRs layout across ALL my TonePacks right now. The only conflict is with the Brit Rock Royalty TonePack's U 055 and U056 IRs would conflict with two Bass Irs from the AX8/XL/Mark III 200+ Bass TonePack.

So I use slot 1, slots 20-33 (Dream Rigs), slots 44-49 (1400+ Naked Amps), and slots 51-64 for Bass Tonepack and the two Brit Rock Royalty Overlap (shown here in slots 66 and 67)

Just to be clean, I may move the Brit Rock Royalty IRs in future update to after 65...

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 5.56.12 PM.png

Last edited:
Sorry man, you must have written it many times but, this version:

12-31-2019_fw11_NakedAmps_BankUpdate_temp

is the latest and greatest for FW11.01?

thanks

Sorry man, you must have written it many times but, this version:

12-31-2019_fw11_NakedAmps_BankUpdate_temp

is the latest and greatest for FW11.01?

thanks
It is right now. Latest download always in your user customer area.

Will do a minor update late this month to fix a few things due to a few pending firmware changes (new flanger block for example). Will post here and email whenever that is available.

Last edited:
I'm working on an FC6 master layout to share. I'm thinking this for the main landing page. This will let you pop through every bank and preset and scene from one place.

Thoughts?

View attachment 61760
I like it, but does the Looper figure into your Layout scheme? Also would holding the top right button bring you back to this layout or to the Fractal MLM? Yes, I am still a noob to the AF3 and even more so where the FC-6 is concerned :flushed:

I like it, but does the Looper figure into your Layout scheme? Also would holding the top right button bring you back to this layout or to the Fractal MLM? Yes, I am still a noob to the AF3 and even more so where the FC-6 is concerned :flushed:
There is a looper page in the FC-6 layout am preparing for update. I also preserve the Master Layout function. There will be a video explaining everything when done and released in a fee weeks...

So everybody -- if you update to the public BETA firmware 12, your old phaser block and flanger settings won't work right -- they have been re-done.

I do not advise you to update to firmware 12.x from 11.1 until we get a FINAL Public 12.x (not beta).

Know that I will do a minor 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack update then, which will fix the flanger blocks and phaser blocks and a few other things, like adding the new FAS Wrecker amp, etc.

Last edited:
So everybody -- if you update to the public BETA firmware 12, your phase block and flangers won't work right -- they have been re-done.

I do not advise you to update to firmware 12.x from 11.1 until we get a FINAL Public 12.x (not beta).

Know that I will do a minor 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack update then, which will fix the flanger blocks and phaser blocks and a few other things, like adding the new FAS Wrecker amp, etc.

Hi Buddy - I hope you don't mind, but with all the enthusiasm going on in the other thread about FW v12 Beta, I copied and pasted your post there too. I thought it highly relevant as a reminder for all those upgrading their firmware, and who may have your TonePack, but may not have read your warning here on this thread.

EDIT: So @DougB415 here is how all the User Cab IRs layout across ALL my TonePacks right now. The only conflict is with the Brit Rock Royalty TonePack's U 055 and U056 IRs would conflict with two Bass Irs from the AX8/XL/Mark III 200+ Bass TonePack.

So I use slot 1, slots 20-33 (Dream Rigs), slots 44-49 (1400+ Naked Amps), and slots 51-64 for Bass Tonepack and the two Brit Rock Royalty Overlap (shown here in slots 66 and 67)

Just to be clean, I may move the Brit Rock Royalty IRs in future update to after 65...

View attachment 62682
Thank you very much! The Bass Tonepack IRs look very interesting :p

@austinbuddy Can you you remember where you got your 4 monitor desk mount stand at? That looks super impressive.
Amazon I think... I'm lazy! Only three are mounted, all View Sonics, the lower left is my Mac Thunderbolt Monitor. I use every damn screen too....I'd love another one #5 if I could only add it! :tongueclosed:

Hey gents....starting to prep for a minor 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack update (good news: the amp sounds don't change under firmware 12... but the phaser and flangers do) using the eventual firmware 12...

I'm thinking of switching any preset Wah pedals to point to External 1 instead of FC pdl 1 from now on.

Any objections??? This will help those of you who use the back of the unit (Pedal 1 out) and/or don't use an FC-12 or FC-6.

(I'll also get this same change done for next iteration of Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack too...)

Because you can assign External 1 in the hardware to whatever source you like globally... all from one spot to fix it globally, rather than preset by preset....

I cover how to do that in my latest Axe-Fx III "Getting Started" Part 7 foot-controller stuff video here. At about 3:42 I cover how to set the external 1 to your own pedal Also, I have some more FC (layout) videos to come. These videos are aimed at newcomers and beginners...

I'm thinking of switching any preset Wah pedals to point to External 1 instead of FC pdl 1 from now on.
Any objections??? This will help those of you who use the back of the unit (Pedal 1 out) and/or don't use an FC-12 or FC-6.

I have 4 Boss EV-5 pedals connected directly to the FC-12 with one XLR cable going back to the Axe FXIII. Makes the most sense.

Hey gents....starting to prep for a minor 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack update (good news: the amp sounds don't change under firmware 12... but the phaser and flangers do) using the eventual firmware 12...

(I'll also get this same change done for next iteration of Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack too...)

Because you can assign External 1 in the hardware to whatever source you like globally... all from one spot to fix it globally, rather than preset by preset....

I cover how to do that in my latest Axe-Fx III "Getting Started" Part 7 foot-controller stuff video here. At about 3:42 I cover how to set the external 1 to your own pedal Also, I have some more FC (layout) videos to come. These videos are aimed at newcomers and beginners...

Being a RJM user, I have no problem at all with that, Buddy.

Sounds good... An easy, global fix that shouldn't cause anyone any hassle. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom