• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Vendor AustinBuddy's new 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack for the Axe-Fx III is now available

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
So Buddy, it certainly appears you have some prior recording experience, no?

I’ve always been a guitar straight into amp guy, so the fractal has been an ongoing education. When I read about all the effort you’re putting in to make sure your patches work for everyone it seems this must be mostly a full time job? A hobby? Interested in hearing...
Hi Mikeyg... AustinBuddy is not my full time job, although I was unemployed for 9 months in 2017 and it was then and how the 700+ Naked Amps for the Axe-Fx II originally came to be. I luckily work from my house/studio by day in my non-music day gig (that I love) that pays the bills and covers healthcare, and by night in this AustinBuddy gig (that I love too).

I'm just a guy like a lot of you that is fascinated by guitar tone and recording and had the time and resources over several decades and willingness to learn from great teachers and players. Lucky in that I've gotten to meet most of my guitar and recording/producer/engineer idols and learn directly from them!

It turns out a lot of people like what I like to hear in guitar tone...

I just use the Axe-Fx as the tool to translate that, it can do just about ANYTHING... and I've put in the 10,000 hours on it so I know my way around the unit and how to pull the sounds out of I hear in my head. BUT really, I still learn new stuff every day about it! ...I learned a few things from Cooper Carter's Master Class for example... Only Cliff and maybe Matt (and perhaps the Fractal Wiki master Yek!) know it all! :)

I'm headed to NAMM this week....last year I got to hang out and chat with Eddie Kramer -- what a thrill, I learned some Jimi recording tricks from him... and would love to meet any Fractal lover attending folks there, once I get on the ground maybe we can all do a meet-up Friday or Saturday somewhere on-site...

Here's a somewhat cheesy video interview from two years back, taken at Public Hi-FI (the studio in Austin owned/run by Spoon drummer Jim Eno)...we were shooting IRs for my vintage Cab Packs...The Axe-Fx III is the democratization of great tone!

(PS - re: video end section, I don't do any Fractal consulting any more, simply no time for it - need to spend that bandwidth that on presets/products/updates - so I do the tutorial videos instead for free on YouTube instead when I can).

Last edited:

DougB415

Inspired
Buddy - I watched your new series of videos on the AF3 (thank you) and I have a question about user cabs. I see that user slot #1 is used, but then the next one uses slot #44, then #45, etc. Why the big jump between 1 and 44, will those empty slots get used in the future?

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Buddy - I watched your new series of videos on the AF3 (thank you) and I have a question about user cabs. I see that user slot #1 is used, but then the next one uses slot #44, then #45, etc. Why the big jump between 1 and 44, will those empty slots get used in the future?
Great question. Relates to the evolution of all my products.

User 1 slot has used that Jimi IR since first 700+ Naked Amps tonepack, across different units.

User bank going from slot 2 to something like 20 I leave for users to do their own things so i won’t use those.

Dream Rigs presets use some slots in the 20’s and 30’s (away from my unit so not sure of exact) so i leave those alone.

the 200+ bass tonepack (coming soon) uses some In 40’and 50’s

the Brit Rock Royalty #1 uses 55 and 56

so these slotted in nicely in the 40’s

So from my end, there is no conflict between packs where two presets use different IRs in one/the same slot. They all layout with no overlap.

you can customize this your yourself. You can move User IRs around and SAVE but you would also need to go into thise affected presets and change the Cab IR to point to the new Cab location and SAVE. I would not recommend this for Dream Rigs presets —but it is easy to do for the Naked Amps since only a few of the “Other Maker” presets use user Cab IRs and a few bonus presets.

sorry for typos, on an iphone. As usual

Mohi

Inspired
Sorry man, you must have written it many times but, this version:

12-31-2019_fw11_NakedAmps_BankUpdate_temp

is the latest and greatest for FW11.01?

thanks

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Sorry man, you must have written it many times but, this version:

12-31-2019_fw11_NakedAmps_BankUpdate_temp

is the latest and greatest for FW11.01?

thanks
It is right now. Latest download always in your user customer area.

Will do a minor update late this month to fix a few things due to a few pending firmware changes (new flanger block for example). Will post here and email whenever that is available.

Last edited:

DougB415

Inspired
I'm working on an FC6 master layout to share. I'm thinking this for the main landing page. This will let you pop through every bank and preset and scene from one place.

Thoughts?

View attachment 61760
I like it, but does the Looper figure into your Layout scheme? Also would holding the top right button bring you back to this layout or to the Fractal MLM? Yes, I am still a noob to the AF3 and even more so where the FC-6 is concerned :flushed:

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I like it, but does the Looper figure into your Layout scheme? Also would holding the top right button bring you back to this layout or to the Fractal MLM? Yes, I am still a noob to the AF3 and even more so where the FC-6 is concerned :flushed:
There is a looper page in the FC-6 layout am preparing for update. I also preserve the Master Layout function. There will be a video explaining everything when done and released in a fee weeks...

Top Bottom