Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
AB, I purchased the pack in 8/2019. Will there be an upgrade fee, or new full purchase?........or maybe an early Xmas present?
Buddy releases a certain number of updates to account for firmware changes over time.

These are included in your purchase price and I think that is documented in the docs within the bundle you downloaded.

He also mentioned that depending upon how much change/rework, that he may have to charge. Sorry, valid question to which he himself can answer. His customer service is impeccable.

He also mentioned that depending upon how much change/rework, that he may have to charge. Sorry, valid question to which he himself can answer. His customer service is impeccable.
I didn't say it wasn't a valid question. Many people have no idea of his update policy and you didn't mention any familiarity with it so I was trying to give you an answer.

AB, I purchased the pack in 8/2019. Will there be an upgrade fee, or new full purchase?........or maybe an early Xmas present?
No fee, this update was included in original price for future upgrade.

( To date I still have never charged for any TonePack updates, but always reserve the right to do so in the future after a few updates have been done and made available, usually three... ).

I will report that I've had decidedly mixed results with the new FW options. Most sounded better or as good...others needed a change in the default CAB options. Not unsurmountable...but generally I needed to make a change on the Marshall types; the Fenders still jumped with mild tweaks. Heavier stuff was about 50/50.

Still great stuff, but IMO the presets will need some adjusting if you've make personal tweaks.

If so, will start on firmware 11x update on Thanksgiving afternoon on this/all that weekend, and work to get everything updated (give me a few weeks) and maybe add a few easter eggs surprises in too I think. Hopefully ready before Christmas if not sooner, will do my best.

That's good news. I've been wanting to buy this pack for some time now, but was waiting until it was updated and caught up with the current firmware.

Last edited:
Just an FYI -- if you've not yet bought the 1400+ Naked Amps for the Axe-Fx III and have been waiting for a holiday sale, I have them on sale for $20 off normal pricing now through end of day Cyber-Monday December 3rd at midnight (Austin Texas time). Started work on a firmware 11 update version that will be available in your account as well, once done. Great demos of some of the Naked Amps sounds by Cooper Carter here.

Also on sale: my new Brit Rock Royalty TonePack #1 for Axe-Fx III that recreates every guitar tone found on the first four Zeppelin albums. It's super cool and fun, some videos are here by some local Austin guys using it, and I hope to get a tutorial video together where I show you how I did some of the preset sounds in it -- but Axe-III firmware TonePack update work comes first!

Enjoy and happy holidays!

Just an FYI -- if you've not yet bought the 1400+ Naked Amps for the Axe-Fx III and have been waiting for a holiday sale, I have them on sale for $20 off normal pricing now through end of day Cyber-Monday December 3rd at midnight (Austin Texas time). Started work on a firmware 11 update version that will be available in your account as well, once done. Great demos of some of the Naked Amps sounds by Cooper Carter here.

Also on sale: my new Brit Rock Royalty TonePack #1 for Axe-Fx III that recreates every guitar tone found on the first four Zeppelin albums. It's super cool and fun, some videos are here by some local Austin guys using it, and I hope to get a tutorial video together where I show you how I did some of the preset sounds in it -- but Axe-III firmware TonePack update work comes first!

Enjoy and happy holidays!

will the new udate be ready this week? and Godbless you brotha

Back
Top Bottom