Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Great question. A pre-amp delay is different than a post-amp delay, sound wise, to my ears.

If I recall right (not a my machine), I by design use Delay 1 in front of an amp/cab (and rarely in these TonePack, so that block is usually not in the preset - so the button you have for it will not light up).

I use Delay 2 after the Amp/Cab -- and one is in every Naked Amps preset. Probably should have put that in the Update Notes...
I think all of the delays I saw were after the amp. It looks like you used delay 2 on the Fender models and Delay 1 on all other models. Thanks!

I think all of the delays I saw were after the amp. It looks like you used delay 2 on the Fender models and Delay 1 on all other models. Thanks!
That sounds right. Many vintage iconic Fender sounds were tape delay (slapback) so it is emulation of an echoplex in front of an amp...

Thanks a lot for the update! I have downloaded the files, and ran into one question:
In the "SystemBank" folder inside the "Bank Files FractalBotLoads" folder, there are two files. The one is titled "Optional-ABuddy'sSystemBank.syx, the other one is "190615-172344-system+gb+fc.syx". I understand from the manual that the first one must contain your personal Axe FX III setups, and obviously installation is optional as the file name says. I am not sure what the second file is and if it is mandatory to install it? I cna't seem to find it in the manual.

Everything else, the preset banks and user cabs, are no problem. Oh, I might mention, I don't have an FC (and have not planned to buy one anytime soon), not sure if that affects the necessity for the SystemBank folder files.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot for the update! I have downloaded the files, and ran into one question:
In the "SystemBank" folder inside the "Bank Files FractalBotLoads" folder, there are two files. The one is titled "Optional-ABuddy'sSystemBank.syx, the other one is "190615-172344-system+gb+fc.syx". I understand from the manual that the first one must contain your personal Axe FX III setups, and obviously installation is optional as the file name says. I am not sure what the second file is and if it is mandatory to install it? I cna't seem to find it in the manual.

Everything else, the preset banks and user cabs, are no problem. Oh, I might mention, I don't have an FC (and have not planned to buy one anytime soon), not sure if that affects the necessity for the SystemBank folder files.

Any help will be much appreciated!

This is my fault. Use the most recently dated one - the 90615-172344-system+gb+fc.syx.

I had labeled one "optional system" (the earlier one) then re-saved with a few little FC12 changes so that is the second one. They both work for Audio settings purposes, the newer dated one just has a few little FC12 things I added.

This is my fault. Use the most recently dated one - the 90615-172344-system+gb+fc.syx.

I had labeled one "optional system" (the earlier one) then re-saved with a few little FC12 changes so that is the second one. They both work for Audio settings purposes, the newer dated one just has a few little FC12 things I added.

Wow, that was a very fast reply! :)👍 Was just able to load the user cabs since I posted the question! Going to install the 90615 file with FractalBot now, and then the preset bank files.

Thanks again for the update, and for your great support!

Holy Shart! the AxeFest DweezilstDynaFlanger v5 is mind blowing....even more so if you stick one of our new free FarField cabs in one or both of the stereo cab blocks...

Hi to everyone! Usually I tweak more High Freqs in my presets than I hear in Naked Amps, I know I must listen them on high volume, but in particular my band conditions my soundman agrees with me - for our live setup Naked Amps mostly a little darker than needed. Is there some universal way without using Global EQ to fit all the presets to desirable bright point? May be Bright knob itself? Thanks in advance!

Hi to everyone! Usually I tweak more High Freqs in my presets than I hear in Naked Amps, I know I must listen them on high volume, but in particular my band conditions my soundman agrees with me - for our live setup Naked Amps mostly a little darker than needed. Is there some universal way without using Global EQ to fit all the presets to desirable bright point? May be Bright knob itself? Thanks in advance!
Are you using an FRFR monitor on stage?

I think what you are describing is probably normal.

With Naked Amps, I find that with the cleaner/boutique/slightly driven amps I never touch a single dial for any of my guitars. But for the high gain presets (where I use a Les Paul with humbuckers) I tend to increase the Treble a little on a few of them. This is normal, my LP might not be as bright as ABs guitar so I would have to make some small adjustments.

In the same way, if AB went into a guitar shop and played his guitar through a bunch of amps, then I follow after with my guitar - I might find myself tweaking the amps dials because I prefer to increase the treble just a little bit.

I think Global EQ would work for some presets but not all. You best bet might be to add the amp dials to the global Perform tab, and tweak whilst you are playing in the band until you get a sound you like per preset - then remember to save!

Leon's presets (and other guest artists -- Cooper Carter, Brett Kingman, Moke Perry, Fremen, and Justin York/York Audio) are in Bank B starting at #196.

Leon thoughtfully also provided a User Cab IR, so I repeated his preset once with Factory Cab he selected, and then again with his User IR.

View attachment 55764

The User Cab IRs have to be installed like this to sync up with the artist presets:

View attachment 55765

Fremen and York Audio also generously provided Cab IRs. I think all of these guys make great products!

I'm working on a tutorial video today (and tomorrow?) to go over everything new in the TonePack update for firmware version 5.x...
@austinbuddy the bank B I downloaded does not include the Cooper and Leon presets described above. Did I download the wrong one?

EDIT: I figured it out. I did download the wrong version. I used the one with the latest date and all good. Thanks.

Last edited:
I haven't had a lot of time to go through the update yet, but everything I've tried has been stellar.

One suggestion: it would be good to make navigation between the included footswitch layouts a bit more consistent. I like many of the ideas in AB's layouts, but I've already started altering them so that getting around is a bit more intuitive.

I'm enjoying the other preset designer additions to the pack @austinbuddy -- especially digging on @Moke's Wrecked preset.

For that Moke preset, there's a TMA block in there pre-CAB -- was it meant to contain some data? Because it does not appear to contain any match data in it.

I'm enjoying the other preset designer additions to the pack @austinbuddy -- especially digging on @Moke's Wrecked preset.

For that Moke preset, there's a TMA block in there pre-CAB -- was it meant to contain some data? Because it does not appear to contain any match data in it.
Ian - not sure, so paging @Moke - I think it was included as an optional Cab IR replacement...if I forgot it in the zip, I'll post here.

I want to thank Buddy for inviting me to contribute with one preset here! I'm currently travelling so not able to record a demo now, when I'll be back home, I'll record a video displaying the various scenes of the preset, which is one I would use for a full gig.

Ian - not sure, so paging @Moke - I think it was included as an optional Cab IR replacement...if I forgot it in the zip, I'll post here.
Thanks @austinbuddy for including me with these other great players and tone gurus. I only had one afternoon to come up with something. So I decided to do some 'Wrecker' flavors for Humbuckers and Single-Coils. I want to do a demo of the stuff that's in there when I get a chance. Most blocks have different flavors setup in the channels.

There should be some data in there? I've got the 'Amount' set to 50%, to act as a subtle corrective EQ to get it closer to an IR blend that I use a lot, but without the need to include and load an IR. It was initially done with the 'Tone Match' block after the Cab block. But I moved it to before the Cab in case someone wants to do a stereo cab setup, as the 'Tone Match' block would collapse it to mono.

Try experimenting with the 'Amount' % to taste. Or bypass it completely.

Moke
AB preset 1.png

Last edited:
@austinbuddy - you’ve knocked it out of the ballpark yet again.

The new presets sound fantastic and I found myself playing the AC30, Bludotone and Fuchs presents for hours today with a new Strat.

And I can’t imagine that the 6.01 FW did anything other than improve an already great product.

@austinbuddy - you’ve knocked it out of the ballpark yet again.

The new presets sound fantastic and I found myself playing the AC30, Bludotone and Fuchs presents for hours today with a new Strat.

And I can’t imagine that the 6.01 FW did anything other than improve an already great product.
Thanks Greg! I will check 5.08 versus 6.01 here shortly. I think the power amp change may have made a few modern-style amp presets a tad hotter than I leveled them. Will report back later this weekend as I view both firmware's signal levels together from same guitar (A/B/Both box) on my console...

Last edited:
Nah it was my imagination... the levels read the same for 5.08 and 6.01 on about 20 amps I randomly selected from metal to vintage. Good news.

A trick: if you find the levels across the board bit hot, just go to the RETURN block of the SEND-RETURN loop. You'll see it is set to +1db in all presets (just sounded better to me than 0db).

You can use FracTool there to set the RETURN block to a value of 0db. And "Voila." Instant global preset adjust without having to touch the amp block at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom