Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi everyone,

Check your account on my website and you will see the new update file! There are now 1400+ sounds organized into two banks!

Using FractalBot, save everything you have first, then load them up and enjoy!

There is a .pdf file that details every presets AND scene in that preset, organized by amp types within Banks A and B.

I've some key changes to preset structure and TonePack organization, so please look at the README file.

Note changes to set your system up to use the -12db average preset leveling, to adapt any preset to single coil guitars, to the Outputs (Output 3 now goes to power amp+ cab with ability to use a GEQ 10 band block to tailer the sound, and there is a new Output 4 available) and to have more amp parameter controls using Control Switches (CS) from your foot controller (like Amp boost).

I'll get a video together in next week or so that walks through it all and explains everything (and append it here as well as on YouTube and the Fractal Forum when done).

You will also need to install a few IRs into UserCab1 slots 44-49 to use the extra amp presets provided by Cooper Carter, Brett Kingman, Leon Todd, Fremen, Moke and Justin @ York Audio. Many thanks to those guys for contributing to this update!

Appreciate your patience - you know I like to do things right, and that takes time. This will likely be the last product firmware update in 2019, and should work fine with the forthcoming announced (now beta) firmware 6.x based on what we know today (June 15, 2019). Frankly firmware 5.08 sounds perfectly awesome as is!

I'll keep adding expanding/presets for the next and final free update in 2020 -- maybe we'll be at 2000+ next time! Enjoy!

Downloading....

... and I can finally breathe again....

...didn't want to participate in this thread for the last few days, in case AB spent time reading my comments, instead of working on the preset updates.... ;). I think I've been looking forward to this almost as much as a FW update. Finally got my FC12 a few days ago, but didn't want to get too committed to too many preset changes until I see and hear what AB's been up to.

Thanks, AustinBuddy!!!

Hi everyone,

Check your account on my website and you will see the new update file! There are now 1400+ sounds organized into two banks!

Using FractalBot, save everything you have first, then load them up and enjoy!

There is a .pdf file that details every presets AND scene in that preset, organized by amp types within Banks A and B.

I've some key changes to preset structure and TonePack organization, so please look at the README file.

Note changes to set your system up to use the -12db average preset leveling, to adapt any preset to single coil guitars, to the Outputs (Output 3 now goes to power amp+ cab with ability to use a GEQ 10 band block to tailer the sound, and there is a new Output 4 available) and to have more amp parameter controls using Control Switches (CS) from your foot controller (like Amp boost).

I'll get a video together in next week or so that walks through it all and explains everything (and append it here as well as on YouTube and the Fractal Forum when done).

You will also need to install a few IRs into UserCab1 slots 44-49 to use the extra amp presets provided by Cooper Carter, Brett Kingman, Leon Todd, Fremen, Moke and Justin @ York Audio. Many thanks to those guys for contributing to this update!

Appreciate your patience - you know I like to do things right, and that takes time. This will likely be the last product firmware update in 2019, and should work fine with the forthcoming announced (now beta) firmware 6.x based on what we know today (June 15, 2019). Frankly firmware 5.08 sounds perfectly awesome as is!

I'll keep adding expanding/presets for the next and final free update in 2020 -- maybe we'll be at 2000+ next time! Enjoy!
Awesome! Getting the credit card out and I know what I'm going to be doing tonight !

Nice touch on adding a few presets from other popular creators.

Well, AB - didn't think they could sound better than the last release, but so far they do. I've only been in the Fender/Vox area so far, but liking what I hear so far.

Thanks for your hard work! I know you're pretty busy; you've been very generous with your time and efforts.

Well, AB - didn't think they could sound better than the last release, but so far they do. I've only been in the Fender/Vox area so far, but liking what I hear so far.

Thanks for your hard work! I know you're pretty busy; you've been very generous with your time and efforts.
Appreciate that! I truly re-do each amp each time I go through them and try to make them better than before -- I dial around and play and wait for it to feel inspired, then click save! Having the right kind of studio setup, monitors, and ability to always be at or over 92db really helps too.

For everyone -- if you find any little errors, just let me know here or my email that's in the document.

Got mine, amazing job, the new bank has quite a few jewels, the SLO100 for example really delivers, the Triptik ... I need a lot of time to check them all but so far can say only this is so great ....

Myself I did an small adjustment, the Jimmy Early cab was before on User 1 37, I placed on the 43rd slot to be with the other cabs, since in the prescribed 1 slot I already have some stuff, then changed the corresponding presets, done.

I've just had 20 mins to try some of them out, I have to say they are SUPER inspiring to play! You literally get the character of each preset instantly when you switch to it, it just makes you want to keep playing. Each time I change to a different preset I say to myself "THIS is the one that is going into my main preset"; I'm realising it's going to be tough choice!! :)

Thank you Austin Buddy, they sound more than great! They capture the feel as well!

I've just had 20 mins to try some of them out, I have to say they are SUPER inspiring to play! You literally get the character of each preset instantly when you switch to it, it just makes you want to keep playing. Each time I change to a different preset I say to myself "THIS is the one that is going into my main preset"; I'm realising it's going to be tough choice!! :)

Thank you Austin Buddy, they sound more than great! They capture the feel as well!

+1 They are excellent

Seems like an obvious question but I don’t have any user presets saved in my AxIII - I’m still using my Ax8 for gigs - so, do I still need to perform a backup?

What a great weekend for III users! Thanks again Buddy for your massive efforts , and inclusions of guest content creators...growing the ol’ FAS ecosystem together....lets all sing Kumbaya.....( and now no excuse for holdouts who haven’t yet purchased this..state o the art to be sure.,)

Has Bank A changed significantly since the last most recent update for v5? I’m debating with myself whether I need to update it since i’ve made some substantial tweaks to those presets.

@austinbuddy Just bought the new pack. Psyched but a bit unsure of how to load them. The video in the manual seems to address how to load on the Ax8 but not on Fractal Bot like the notes suggest. Is this the correct video? Thanks.

Here's some improv using the C++ preset @austinbuddy asked me to contribute. There's a few things I did differently to my usual presets to fit the format of the rest of the pack and it opened up some fun and inspiring effects combinations I wouldn't have otherwise explored.

Awesome playing as always!

Which C++ preset did you contribute too?

Awesome playing as always!

Which C++ preset did you contribute too?
Leon's presets (and other guest artists -- Cooper Carter, Brett Kingman, Moke Perry, Fremen, and Justin York/York Audio) are in Bank B starting at #196.

Leon thoughtfully also provided a User Cab IR, so I repeated his preset once with Factory Cab he selected, and then again with his User IR.

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 12.45.48 PM.png

The User Cab IRs have to be installed like this to sync up with the artist presets:

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 12.46.28 PM.png

Fremen and York Audio also generously provided Cab IRs. I think all of these guys make great products!

I'm working on a tutorial video today (and tomorrow?) to go over everything new in the TonePack update for firmware version 5.x...

Back
Top Bottom