Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi @austinbuddy I believe you have said that the presets were tweaked for live use. I plan to use them for recording in the next few weeks. Will I need to do some tweaking for this use? thanks.

Hi @austinbuddy I believe you have said that the presets were tweaked for live use. I plan to use them for recording in the next few weeks. Will I need to do some tweaking for this use? thanks.

The Naked Amps can be used for recording or live - either. It all depends on your playback system.

You may be thinking about the Dream Rigs stuff, which was designed more for live use, but can be used for recording too. I make the Dream Rig's live presets in mono with a CLR 10 feet away as my guide.

My Naked Amps recording presets with big stereo monitors, in front of me.

In general, recording presets have a little more emphasis on upper mids and less low end, and live presets may have more mids present (to break through band mix on stage). But that is a gross generalization.

Use your ears! Tweak as you need to. Good luck - share a track with us here!

Last edited:
The Naked Amps can be used for recording or live - either. It all depends on your playback system.

You may be thinking about the Dream Rigs stuff, which was designed more for live use, but can be used for recording too. I make the Dream Rig's live presets in mono with a CLR 10 feet away as my guide.

My Naked Amps recording presets with big stereo monitors, in front of me.

In general, recording presets have a little more emphasis on upper mids and less low end, and live presets may have more mids present (to break through band mix on stage). But that is a gross generalization.

Use your ears! Tweak as you need to. Good luck - share a track with us here!

Thanks! Fortunately, producer is a great guitar player with goods so I'm sure he will dial it in. By the way, they (the producers I work with) love the Axe III. I walk in, plug in two xlr's, plug in the guitar and I'm good to go with any tone they want.

All the Soldano’s are in new Bank B which should be out this weekend.
Ah ok. I still have the old bank B loaded so I guess they got moved. Can’t wait to hear the rest. It’s been so convenient getting my sounds in order for the 3. I don’t think I’ve made any changes to the amps or cabs. I just pick the scenes I like and add my effects and I’m set.

Cliff posted and said no soft amp reset was needed (yay! Phew!) - so it should be okay. I will try to get the new banks up and loaded by Saturday night and will post here when they are ready.

Note that I did make tweaks to the firmware 5 bank A you may have already downloaded - so one coming is not identical to one you previously downloaded...more info tomorrow! On a plane from Sante Fe to Austin now...

Hi everyone,

Check your account on my website and you will see the new update file! There are now 1400+ sounds organized into two banks!

Using FractalBot, save everything you have first, then load them up and enjoy!

There is a .pdf file that details every presets AND scene in that preset, organized by amp types within Banks A and B.

I've some key changes to preset structure and TonePack organization, so please look at the README file.

Note changes to set your system up to use the -12db average preset leveling, to adapt any preset to single coil guitars, to the Outputs (Output 3 now goes to power amp+ cab with ability to use a GEQ 10 band block to tailer the sound, and there is a new Output 4 available) and to have more amp parameter controls using Control Switches (CS) from your foot controller (like Amp boost).

I'll get a video together in next week or so that walks through it all and explains everything (and append it here as well as on YouTube and the Fractal Forum when done).

You will also need to install a few IRs into UserCab1 slots 44-49 to use the extra amp presets provided by Cooper Carter, Brett Kingman, Leon Todd, Fremen, Moke and Justin @ York Audio. Many thanks to those guys for contributing to this update!

Appreciate your patience - you know I like to do things right, and that takes time. This will likely be the last product firmware update in 2019, and should work fine with the forthcoming announced (now beta) firmware 6.x based on what we know today (June 15, 2019). Frankly firmware 5.08 sounds perfectly awesome as is!

I'll keep adding expanding/presets for the next and final free update in 2020 -- maybe we'll be at 2000+ next time! Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

Check your account on my website and you will see the new update file! There are now 1400+ sounds organized into two banks!

There is a .pdf file that details every presets AND scene in that preset, organized by amp types within Banks A and B.

I've some key changes to preset structure and TonePack organization, so please look at the README file.

Note changes to set your system up to use the -12db average preset leveling, to adapt any preset to single coil guitars, to the Outputs (Output 3 now goes to power amp+ cab with ability to use a GEQ 10 band block to tailer the sound, and there is a new Output 4 available) and to have more amp parameter controls using Control Switches (CS) from your foot controller (like Amp boost).

I'll get a video together in next week or so that walks through it all and explains everything (and append it here as well as on YouTube and the Fractal Forum when done).

You will also need to install a few IRs into UserCab1 slots 44-49 to use the extra amp presets provided by Cooper Carter, Brett Kingman, Leon Todd, Fremen, Moke and Justin @ York Audio. Many thanks to those guys for contributing to this update!

Appreciate your patience - you know I like to do things right, and that takes time. This will likely be the last product firmware update in 2019, and should work fine with the forthcoming announced (now beta) firmware 6.x based on what we know today (June 15, 2019). Frankly firmware 5.08 sounds perfectly awesome as is!

I'll keep adding expanding/presets for the next and final free update in 2020 -- maybe we'll be at 2000+ next time! Enjoy!

I'm backing up my Axe as I type to load this and browsing through the documentation while I wait. I love, love, love the inclusion of presets created by other members of the community.

Having already played the updated Bank A, I know I'm in for a treat, and I cannot wait to try the other other members' creations as well. Thanks, @austinbuddy .

Thanks Austin
I’ve been looking forward to this :)
Pauly

Hi everyone,

Back
Top Bottom