Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Thank you for working so hard on this @austinbuddy, I don't know how your ears manage with all those tones but the results are always so good!!

I see 5.7 has affected the JVM410JS specifically, hopefully this has not meant you need to rework a lot of things you have already done with those amps!

Thank you for working so hard on this @austinbuddy, I don't know how your ears manage with all those tones but the results are always so good!!

I see 5.7 has affected the JVM410JS specifically, hopefully this has not meant you need to rework a lot of things you have already done with those amps!
I checked out the already complete 5.x AB JVM and JS patches on 5.7, the revised cathode Follower settings sound just fine to my ears.......and yes do take of those ears @austinbuddy .....mine are still ringing from the session I attended with you in Guzzo’s closet studio from years ago........,;)

Last edited:

I had reset the cathode follower compression to 87.3 per Cliff’s post, but his 5.07 update probably takes care of it...

I'm still checking but everything looks good for compatible with latest firmware 5.07 so far (and 1.06 FC12)... Bank A update should be available this weekend, all on track...
I’m stoked. Is there any plan to create a Dream this type thing for the 3?

Hi to all Axe-Fx III customers:

Good news! If you log into your AustinBuddy account, you will now see a complete 1000+ Naked Amps complete "Bank A Update" download zip file. It's ready for use with the latest Axe-Fx III firmware 5.07+ (although it will also work fine with 5.06).

Note: the Bank B update will be done some in June before July and added to your account's download area then.

The Bank A Update zip file contains:

1. The completely updated Bank A file. Note: it's similar to -- but not the same exact layout -- as version 1.x!
  2. Release notes (READ THEM!) -- this will answer your questions as to why some things are different. For example, I set my Banks to 8 per, not 10 per - this can help with foot controller navigation functions/more options with an FC12.
  3. *New* A print out of every preset and scene name with a space for your notes as you play/audition presets (thanks to Alex @ FracTool for adding this capability!), and
  4. An Axe-Fx III system file (loadable via FractalBot) that is compatible with an FC12 and firmware 1.06. It won't layout right on a FC6 (for now). You don't have to use this file, but if you do, you get the same foot controller page layouts I use, including an Amp Page layout with controller switches.
Let me thank you all again for your patience to date; it takes a lot of listening and tweaking time to do this methodically and correctly.

I can answer questions you have here...Enjoy!

Hey @austinbuddy first off, the updates sound great, thanks for all your hard work, loving the tones as always. One note though, I was wondering if for future releases you might consider exporting the FC-12 Layouts (either as the "all" option -- which would admittedly be fastest --- or maybe, even better, as a .fclayout per layout, that way people can pick and choose if they want), in addition to the global settings file?

I figure this way folks can tryout your preferred FC layouts if they want to, but without necessarily having to upload the system file and thereby change their own preferred system settings and any Global blocks they might already have. I did a quick backup of my system settings, uploaded yours, saved out your FC layouts from Axe-Edit III, and then resent my backed up system settings. Now I figure I can load up your cool Layout 6 with the CS switches setup and still have my usual config options and my global block, best of both worlds!

At any rate, just a thought, thanks again for all the hard work updating the presets, your commitment to providing people with a quality product is outstanding.

Hi Guys:

If you downloaded this complete Bank A Update before 7:46 Central Time, please go back and re-download again, as I replaced the zip file. All future downloads are fine.

Why? There were errors in the "*single coil only" banks -- the Filter block (boost) was turned on, when it shouldn't have been (I made these without a single coil boost, so they were distorting).

Also, Cooper's preset I had leveled with humbuckers, but the Green Clean needed to be re-leveled specifically for single coils (my bad) as it spiked when I tried those.

Also included a .pdf screen shot of my Amp Page layout (still a work in progress) -- you can just set one up yourself in your current FC12 layout based on that, you don't have to use my system file. Thanks to Ian for the idea.

Hey @austinbuddy One note though, I was wondering if for future releases you might consider exporting the FC-12 Layouts (either as the "all" option -- which would admittedly be fastest --- or maybe, even better, as a .fclayout per layout, that way people can pick and choose if they want), in addition to the global settings file?

I figure this way folks can tryout your preferred FC layouts if they want to, but without necessarily having to upload the system file and thereby change their own preferred system settings and any Global blocks they might already have. I did a quick backup of my system settings, uploaded yours, saved out your FC layouts from Axe-Edit III, and then resent my backed up system settings. Now I figure I can load up your cool Layout 6 with the CS switches setup and still have my usual config options and my global block, best of both worlds! .

Great suggestion -- I like this idea -- but didn't know how to do it. Now I do/see it in Axe-III Edit. Will change for future. Here you go!

Attachments

• AustinBuddy FC12 all-layouts_20190511_195456.fclayout
    62.7 KB · Views: 22
What does one do with this file?
First, save everything. Thanks to h.c.e for turning me on to this FC12/FC6 Layout Import/Export feature.

In the latest Axe-III Edit, go to the FC Controller Menu. Under LAYOUTS on left side, there is an Edit button (downward triangle next to it) - if you click it open, you can see it lets you do things like copy and paste Layout pages.

One cool thing is you can export your entire layout (to save it) and you can then import a different layout to check it out.

So I exported all my whole FC12 layout (all pages) - thats' the file. I used this for 1000+ Naked Amps but it is still a work in progress/evolving.

If you want, you can import my layouts into your FC12 and check them out for ideas for your own layouts, then you can re-import your own (that you exported first so it was saved!) and modify it, such as my Amp Page.

The Fractal wizards keep keeping up with super cool stuff!

What does one do with this file?
You can Export and Import Layouts (either 1 at a time or all 9 at once) in Axe-Edit III under the FC Controllers button... the file format is a ".fclayout" file.

So in this case, if you wanted to import AB's layouts to your FC-12, you can:
  1. Download the file
  2. Click "FC Controllers" button to the right of the Amp info in Axe-Edit III.
  3. In the "LAYOUTS" section, click the Triangle next to "Edit" to show the Layout Edit menu.
  4. Click "Import All Layouts... " at the bottom of the menu, and then browse to the file you downloaded to your computer.
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 6.38.21 PM.png

NOTE: This will overwrite your FC-12's layouts with the ones austinbuddy exported (so you might want to "Export All Layouts... " first if you'd like to backup your current layouts to a file on your computer first.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom