Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
You can't delete scenes. Every preset always has eight scenes forever. It's the same with every preset that ever existed for the Axe-Fx III.

If you only use four of those scenes, you can change or erase the names of scenes you don't want. And you can move scenes around using copy and paste.
I've ment just clear scene - of course 8 total, 4 use and 4 empty - with no any blocks. other words - how to erase blocks in scenes? fast, not the put shunt instead exist

I've ment just clear scene - of course 8 total, 4 use and 4 empty - with no any blocks. other words - how to erase blocks in scenes? fast, not the put shunt instead exist
You can’t do this. A scene is for activating/deactivating blocks of a preset, changing channels, etc. The blocks that exist will exist across all 8 scenes, only their states can change.

Chiming in:

I own the 700 Naked Amplifryers and the 10Billion Live Rig of Dreams Pack.
They are both super useful and a wise investment in getting to the meat of what is on offer in the Fractalverse. I've installed the 10k pack and have set up my RJM Mastermind 16 to step through the banks intelligently (whatever counts as 'intelligent' for me) and I absolutely love what Austin Buddy has done for my rig.

Oh, I'm on an XL, btw. No need for a III for me. It would be like going from a Huffy to a GP500.

As @Brian Angiel said, you can’t delete blocks from individual scenes without deleting them from all scenes.

Better, I think, to identify the scenes you don’t want to use, and copy one of your desired scenes into them. That way, if you accidentally select an undesired scene, you at least get a tone you can use.

I started it today....will be many months... I'm going to build out a killer effects library for it. Expect it this summer. I really need my FC-12 first before I get too fare down the road though...excited to get one, hopefully sometime soon!
"Killer effects library" would be a great next step in the Dream Rigs evolution. Guys...when it comes, expect dead dragons on your doorstep. ;)

Hi, I'm a brand new AXE FX III user and wondered if the $20 coupn code "save20" is still available for this ? If not I'll wait until you make it avilable again down the road. Thank you!

As @Brian Angiel said, you can’t delete blocks from individual scenes without deleting them from all scenes.

Better, I think, to identify the scenes you don’t want to use, and copy one of your desired scenes into them. That way, if you accidentally select an undesired scene, you at least get a tone you can use.
Or bypass all blocks in scenes 5 to 8.

It was ment as an extra option instead of deleting scenes like Sergiovai asked
Understood. It still comes down to whether you’d prefer an all-bypassed sound over a duplicate of a tone you already have in the preset.

Hi, I'm a brand new AXE FX III user and wondered if the $20 coupn code "save20" is still available for this ? If not I'll wait until you make it avilable again down the road. Thank you!
No more coupons... but holidays sales end of 2019 likely that are equivalent.

Hi gang: I see that Cliff has made ARES 2.05 firmware PUBLIC now, not a beta... so, this is notice I will get that loaded up soon on my Axe-III and check it out with the existing 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack for the Axe-III.

The existing Naked Amp presets should all work on the new firmware (excepting for some tweaks to the multi-band compressor on the bonus preset "Turn my Electric into Acoustic"). I also need to re-look at the looper block, given improvements. Eventually I want to produce a good effects block library too for all the platforms.

My guess is there will be a Axe-III 1000+ TonePack using 2.05 or maybe higher update (for 2.x) sometime this summer probably by July, with added goodies/expansion, including nay new amps added. I'm also waiting to order and get the FC12/FC6 foot controllers and will try to integrate them into the next TonePack update.

As an aside, right now I am working on a separate Dream Rigs 250+ Bass TonePack that will be available across all platforms -- Axe-Fx III initially and AX8, and then eventually XL/XL+ and Axe-Fx Mark II. Currently helping me with this is professional bass player Scott Nelson in Austin. Scott currently plays bass for Kenny Wayne Shepard tours, the Experience Hendrix tours (with guys like Eric Johnson), did an Americana album for Ryan Bingham, and locally plays with funk favorite Barfield. So he covers a lot of ground here -- modern rock, classic rock ( we are geeking out on our fav tunes), pop, blues, funk, country style/Americana.

We've had a few good sessions already and it's coming together. Scott's going out on tour soon so we hope to get it together by March for an early spring release.

Just a little update...

Last edited:
The existing Naked Amp presets should all work on the new firmware (excepting for some tweaks to the multi-band compressor on the bonus preset "Turn my Electric into Acoustic").
You might find anything using the SV Bass model might need to be re-leveled and re-gain staged if not reworked some... at least in my experience, on one of my own presets that used that model, it was way louder and (owing to a high MV setting it seemed) putting out a lot more power amp distortion (in a non-pleasing way).... I haven't tested with any of the Naked Amps presets though, but it def struck me as a different animal in my limited exposure.

You might find anything using the SV Bass model might need to be re-leveled and re-gain staged if not reworked some... at least in my experience, on one of my own presets that used that model, it was way louder and (owing to a high MV setting it seemed) putting out a lot more power amp distortion (in a non-pleasing way).... I haven't tested with any of the Naked Amps presets though, but it def struck me as a different animal in my limited exposure.

Am sure that’s right... will start a list and try to make the changes known here until the main update is ready later...

Hi gang: I see that Cliff has made ARES 2.05 firmware PUBLIC now, not a beta... so, this is notice I will get that loaded up soon on my Axe-III and check it out with the existing 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack for the Axe-III.
I also need to re-look at the looper block, given improvements. Eventually I want to produce a good effects block

My guess is there will be a Axe-III 1000+ TonePack using 2.05 or maybe higher update (for 2.x) sometime this summer probably by July, with added goodies/expansion, including nay new amps added.

As an aside, right now I am working on a separate Dream Rigs 250+ Bass TonePack that will be available across all platforms -- Axe-Fx III initially and AX8, and then eventually XL/XL+ and Axe-Fx Mark II. Currently helping me with this is professional bass player Scott Nelson in Austin. Scott currently plays bass for Kenny Wayne Shepard tours, the Experience Hendrix tours (with guys like Eric Johnson) and locally, with funk favorite Barfield. We've had a few good sessions already and it's coming together. Scott's going out on tour soon so we hope to get it together by March for an early spring release.

Just a little update...

This is excellent news. Thank you for supporting your product and taking care of your customers. I enjoy the Naked Amps Tone Pack a bunch. I love it in fact. Loads of great tones and you turned what I thought were some unusable amp models in to things of joy.

I am interested in the Bass Tone Pack too as I just invested in a nice bass upgrade for home studio work. I have one *request* for that... the biamped tone of Dug Pinnick from King’s X. His dirty on top and thunder on the bottom sound is to die for tone. If you can nail that there is no way I could pass on it.

Thanks again for all you do for the community.
Highest regards, Jason - Austin

Back
Top Bottom