Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Just bought mine and will test them out the moment they load! I tried to do something similar with my Mark II, unfortunately I found that I suck. Wish I had known about this before, but VERY glad I found out about this now!

A few tone sculpting tips if you want the presets a little brighter (more like the 8.02 version for the Axe=Fx):

SPKR COMP is engaged for these presets, usually at 2.0 See if you like the sounds better with SPKR COMP set to "off" or very low. Especially for Clean tones.

For negative feedback amps, you can add some sparkle and upper mids by either adding 1db at 4KHz in the amp block GEQ output (I did for a few but not most), or you can add a value of 1 to the negative feedback value. So if the amp has negative feedback of 2.5, make it 3.5 instead. That will brighten it up. You can also increase presence of course! :)

I'm loving this TonePack. Find myself landing on a particular preset with an amp I was previously unable to use just because I never could dial it in to my liking. Opening up so many possibilities.

I do have a question as to how you might suggest users handle updates:

Let's say I identify a preset that I want to use as one of my primary presets. I save it and rename it and begin making the necessary tweaks (add a chorus, etc) and a month later you release an update to the TonePack.

How would you suggest that I ensure I'm seeing the updates made to that preset so I don't miss any juicy tidbits?

I'm guessing the answer is to just review the updated TonePack preset.

I'm loving this TonePack. Find myself landing on a particular preset with an amp I was previously unable to use just because I never could dial it in to my liking. Opening up so many possibilities.

I do have a question as to how you might suggest users handle updates:

Let's say I identify a preset that I want to use as one of my primary presets. I save it and rename it and begin making the necessary tweaks (add a chorus, etc) and a month later you release an update to the TonePack.

How would you suggest that I ensure I'm seeing the updates made to that preset so I don't miss any juicy tidbits?

I'm guessing the answer is to just review the updated TonePack preset.

Updates are unlikely to be as fast a month ;). Unless something drastic changes, I'd expect any 10.x updates past 10.0 tonally (in terms of amps or cabs) not to vary materially; it's when Cliff goes to new update of 11.x or 12.x that things may change enough to warrant an TonePack update. Example is 9.04 firmware worked fine with 9.02 presets, that kind of thing.

If I understand the question correctly, your best bet would be to compare the amp block (and cab block) settings between the updates. I very rarely go beyond the main page of an amp block when making tones for Naked Amps...but I might do it for some of the bonus presets, some of those get worked up a good bit with little internal; tweaks to hone in on a specific tone.

I have been going through them like mad and I am floored how great they all sound. My brain is on fire with the possibilities. I have never been great at tweaking amps and cabs, but am excellent with effects. This has taken the hard part out. Thank you for a great product to be used on a great product.

Kudos on the Scene names and the info built in!

Happy Customer
Joseph

I purchased this Tone Pack a couple of weeks ago. It is worth every penny. Great job Austinbuddy! Now I just need to get the new foot controller and then I'll be able to use a lot of these presets for my live gigs. Can't wait.

I purchased this Tone Pack a couple of weeks ago. It is worth every penny. Great job Austinbuddy! Now I just need to get the new foot controller and then I'll be able to use a lot of these presets for my live gigs. Can't wait.
Thank you Art! It is so gratifying and affirming that everyone who buys loves them! I can’t wait for my FC12 too so I can destroy with 8 scenes per amp/preset! Enjoy the tones!

I have been going through them like mad and I am floored how great they all sound. My brain is on fire with the possibilities. I have never been great at tweaking amps and cabs, but am excellent with effects. This has taken the hard part out. Thank you for a great product to be used on a great product.

Kudos on the Scene names and the info built in!

Happy Customer
Joseph
Thanks so much Joseph! I made presets that inspired me, so it seems contagious!

I had just restrung my Tele when I downloaded Buddy's presets. That was a couple weeks ago. I guess I should do some perusing since I haven't left the 65 Blackface Deluxe yet. LOL

Goodness all around!

I built up some tracks of a song recently and saved the guitar parts for last. I was kind of in a rush and I went scrolling through the stock presets looking for a tone to fit this particular song. I had trouble finding one that fit in the mix just so.
I imported the Austinbuddy presets and loaded a JTM 45 preset that literally needed no tweaking whatsoever. It fit like a glove.
Anyone who's on the fence about picking these up should jump on it. The time savings alone is worth it. I have limited time in my schedule for jamming and these presets get you 90% of where you need to be.

I upgraded my AX8 to firmware 10.0 Aries and spent part of the week reloading presets from this pack (using the 9.02 version). Awesome tones, so thanks for that. I do notice that some of the presets have a bigger volume disparity than they seemed to before.

Has anyone else noticed that and if so, is there an advanced setting I should be looking at changing or should I level higher up the menu?

Thanks.

I upgraded my AX8 to firmware 10.0 Aries and spent part of the week reloading presets from this pack (using the 9.02 version). Awesome tones, so thanks for that. I do notice that some of the presets have a bigger volume disparity than they seemed to before.

Has anyone else noticed that and if so, is there an advanced setting I should be looking at changing or should I level higher up the menu?

Thanks.

Here area few things.

There is roughly a 2 db difference generally between ARES on Axe III and Q9 for Ax8/Axe-Fx.

Also the Q9 Tonepack has SPKR COMP amps set to zero. If you raise that 2 or 3 in Qq10 you will hear it change the volume, reducing it.

If you bought either 8.02 or 9.02 TonePack, you can download the 10.0 version for free (from your created account on the AustinBuddy website) which address lots of these issues to make the levels comparable.

I am astounded that you have already updated these for Firmware 10.0. I didn't expect that for weeks.

Thanks for the great presets and great customer service.

I am astounded that you have already updated these for Firmware 10.0. I didn't expect that for weeks.

Thanks for the great presets and great customer service.
Thanks man. It helped that I was on the beta team for the Axe III so I knew how things shifted. I had been working Axe-Fx side and I did a lot of A/B comparison of FW 8 or 9 to 10. It all translated pretty quickly to the Ax8. Which sounds great!!!

Back
Top Bottom