Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi AB-
Haven't been there in a long time. I bought you pack a while ago, wondering if there was an update in the last 4 months or so?
Thanks!
If you login to your account you can see all available downloads and versions. Yes, there is a ARES 6.x (and 5.x, works on both) version -- and it's now 1400+ sounds/expanded over original 1.x version, as I promised. Enjoy!

One question .... even on those presets made specifically for single coils (name preceded by asterisk) is it necessary to engage the filter?

thanks!

One question .... even on those presets made specifically for single coils (name preceded by asterisk) is it necessary to engage the filter?

thanks!
Excellent question. I know this can be confusing.

No - if you see an asterik leading in a PRESET name, you should NOT need to use the "Kicker Coil" filter block boost in that preset and it is likely off, as I almost always dialed it in those presets without that block on. But you can always turn it on for an extra kick!

However -- if you see an asterik at the END of a preset name, that means "this preset's scenes are mainly for humbuckers, BUT there is at least one single coil preset in the 8 scenes too, and that scene should have an asterik in the front of it's name." I may not have gotten all of these right this 6.x update (where I added a lot of new scenes/presest) but most should be following that format.

Third and last, it is possible you may see a preset with no asterisk but when you look inside there is SCENE name with an asterisk; if so that is single coil specific scene, inside a preset designed for humbuckers, and if the filter block is on just in that scene, that was by design, so leave it be.

Hope that helps!

Hi Austin, I asked this in another thread. Maybe you didn’t see it. Is there a list of which preset/scene you used for each song in your demo? Thank you again for this great pack!

Hi Austin, I asked this in another thread. Maybe you didn’t see it. Is there a list of which preset/scene you used for each song in your demo? Thank you again for this great pack!
Hi - I think the demo you are talking about is Cooper Carter's 260+ amp model demo (it's not my video?). So I have no idea, and I bet he won't recall either, I think he lists the amp for each clip, but "who knows" what scene he used - I’m sure even he doesn't remember after 260+ of them! They are all in the TonePack though!

So -- I don't have any such list, although I recognize a lot of the amps when I hear 'em!

Last edited:
Well, now I feel like an idiot lol. In my defence I don’t think I’ve slept more than three hours a night since I got my Af3 😂😂😂😂

Stay tuned for this Friday - because I've got a new cool TonePack just for the Axe-Fx III to release this weekend!

I'm super excited about this one.. partnered with some great musicians and we spent a few months pulling this together... know this is a bit of a tease!

Just need to hear back from a handful of beta testers, to make sure didn't miss anything, before we go live this weekend!

:cool:

Stay tuned for this Friday - because I've got a new cool TonePack just for the Axe-Fx III to release this weekend!

I'm super excited about this one.. partnered with some great musicians and we spent a few months pulling this together... know this is a bit of a tease!

Just need to hear back from a handful of beta testers, to make sure didn't miss anything, before we go live this weekend!

:cool:
Effects?

The BassTone pack ?
That one is 85% done, but it is for the AX8 at first, haven't started the Axe-III version yet... the bass player helping me (essential) goes out on tour with Kenny Wayne Shepard regularly, and we work on it when he gets back to Austin. I'm expecting an October release for that for Ax8...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom