Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hello @austinbuddy,

I was wondering why Naked Amps vs Dream Rigs for the III?

At some point you were telling folks they should wait for the Dream Rigs version.. so is there gonna be one for the III down the road?

Thx!
Joce

Hello @austinbuddy,

I was wondering why Naked Amps vs Dream Rigs for the III?

At some point you were telling folks they should wait for the Dream Rigs version.. so is there gonna be one for the III down the road?

Thx!
Joce
I always do a Naked Amps first for any new Fractal product... then Dream Rigs comes second... if you think about that order/sequence, it makes sense - get the amp/cab stuff done first... then worry about rigs/effects...

I always do a Naked Amps first for any new Fractal product... then Dream Rigs comes second... if you think about that order/sequence, it makes sense - get the amp/cab stuff done first... then worry about rigs/effects...
I have a small request.

When you get around to doing a Dream Rigs collection for the III please consider adding a volume block right after the cab and before any time based effects like delays or reverbs.

I like to be able to use one of my expression pedals to raise and lower the volume of the preset without affecting any of the trails on the effects.

If you add it, it would save me a ton of time and work because I wouldn’t have to do to add them myself.

I have a small request.

When you get around to doing a Dream Rigs collection for the III please consider adding a volume block right after the cab and before any time based effects like delays or reverbs.

I like to be able to use one of my expression pedals to raise and lower the volume of the preset without affecting any of the trails on the effects.

If you add it, it would save me a ton of time and work because I wouldn’t have to do to add them myself.

I use the Global Volume Block setup with my expression pedal...no need to have a volume block before in every preset. I believe it is on the front of the signal chain.

I have a small request.

Steve — do check into the global volume block. It can be set before or after an amp.

Thx for your response! That makes sense. Any idea on a timeframe for you to get to Dream Rigs for the III? Cheers!

Steve — do check into the global volume block. It can be set before or after an amp.
I’ll give it a try. I thought I read somewhere here on the forum that using the global volume block affects the sound of the time based effects in a negative way. Maybe that’s not the case.

Thx for your response! That makes sense. Any idea on a timeframe for you to get to Dream Rigs for the III? Cheers!
Right now I can't really say...I'll know more by end of summer. Have to finish a few other things first.

I found it. It’s in the setup menu. Midi-Remote->Other tab

Page 13 of the manual.
Got it... It isn't really a "global volume block" - its the ability to have a global volume control on the Input or Output block you choose.

Still pretty cool!

I use the Global Volume Block setup with my expression pedal...no need to have a volume block before in every preset. I believe it is on the front of the signal chain.

I disagree. I prefer a volume block after the amp and cab, before the ambient FX. That way I can do volume swells without altering the amp gain.

I disagree. I prefer a volume block after the amp and cab, before the ambient FX. That way I can do volume swells without altering the amp gain.
After looking into it I’ve discovered that you can set it up on the output and it doesn’t affect the effects.

It’s in the manual.

GLOBAL VOLUME PEDAL SETUP

The Axe-Fx III allows remote control of the volume at all input and output blocks. If you have a second pedal, or if you want to use one pedal for global volume instead of expression, follow the instructions below to set it up.

Adjusting Input volume affects gain/distortion and the behavior of level-dependent blocks like the compressor or gate. Adjusting Output volume does not affect level-dependent blocks, but scales everything you hear including effect tails. For all other volume options, you can insert a Volume block anywhere in your preset and control it with a pedal as described in “Modifiers” on p. 145.

First ensure that you have an expression pedal connected and ready to use. Then:
1. From the Home page, open SETUP: MIDI/Remote: Other.
2. NAV to the entry for the volume you want to control: Input 1, 2, 3, or 4, or Output 1, 2, 3, or 4.
3. Turn the A or VALUE knob to assign a controller to your selected entry.
Select “PEDAL 1 or PEDAL 2” for the onboard Expression jacks
Select “FC__ PEDAL __” for a pedal connected via an FC series controller.
Select a number if your pedal is transmitting a MIDI CC#. For example, by default, the Fractal Audio

After looking into it I’ve discovered that you can set it up on the output and it doesn’t affect the effects.

It’s in the manual.

The Axe-Fx III allows remote control of the volume at all input and output blocks. If you have a second pedal, or if you want to use one pedal for global volume instead of expression, follow the instructions below to set it up.

Adjusting Input volume affects gain/distortion and the behavior of level-dependent blocks like the compressor or gate. Adjusting Output volume does not affect level-dependent blocks, but scales everything you hear including effect tails. For all other volume options, you can insert a Volume block anywhere in your preset and control it with a pedal as described in “Modifiers” on p. 145.

First ensure that you have an expression pedal connected and ready to use. Then:
2. NAV to the entry for the volume you want to control: Input 1, 2, 3, or 4, or Output 1, 2, 3, or 4.
Select a number if your pedal is transmitting a MIDI CC#. For example, by default, the Fractal Audio
Not true.

"but scales everything you hear including effect tails. For all other volume options, you can insert a Volume block anywhere in your preset and control it with a pedal as described in “Modifiers” on p. 145."

Last edited:

It’s in the manual.

The delay and reverb (effect tails) wont continue though. they are cut off with the volume pedal.

I read the manual before posting.

The global volume can be assigned to an input block, which is at the beginning of the chain, or an output block, at the end of the chain.

It says very clearly on page 13 that assigning it to the output of an input block affects gain/distortion or other level dependent FX such as compressors.

The delay and reverb (effect tails) wont continue though. they are cut off with the volume pedal.

That’s true if it’s assigned to an output block. And this is another reason why I use a volume block after the amp and before the ambient FX. That way I get volume swells without affecting input gain while preserving reverb and delay tails.

Last edited:
After reading all the stuff about volume pedals I have found that in order to use it for swells without effecting amp gain and effects tails then the best place to put it is:
After the amp/cab blocks but before any time based effects like reverb/delay etc.
That way it doesn't alter the sound of your amp and it keeps the effects intact.

After reading all the stuff about volume pedals I have found that in order to use it for swells without effecting amp gain and effects tails then the best place to put it is:
After the amp/cab blocks but before any time based effects like reverb/delay etc.
That way it doesn't alter the sound of your amp and it keeps the effects intact.
This is what I do .

This is why I made the request in the first place but after trying the pedal on the output volume I’m no longer sure it’s worth the effort.

I find the difference to be insignificant enough as to not to bother with putting the volume block on every preset.

Back
Top Bottom