Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I'll be back on my machines Saturday working on Bank B updates/pushing those....question -- Under 5.08 new cab block, it should leave the overall Cab block Lo Cut and Hi Cut as I set them in preset (while giving new options to do Lo and Hi Cut per IR) -- can anyone confirm 5.08 works that way? Thanks!

I'll be back on my machines Saturday working on Bank B updates/pushing those....question -- Under 5.08 new cab block, it should leave the overall Cab block Lo Cut and Hi Cut as I set them in preset (while giving new options to do Lo and Hi Cut per IR) -- can anyone confirm 5.08 works that way? Thanks!

Hey Austin, thanks for the update! I just double checked this on 5.08 and yes you are correct. Your original Hi/Lo cut settings remain as is, and the per IR cuts are available but set to default (i.e. not in use).

Yes, the overall is on the Preamp Page of the Cab block and remains as you set them

wow, $99 may seem like a lot to some (it does to me), but the most common response is "worth every penny"... I totally agree. This makes my Axe III more plug and play. I greatly appreciate it!! I love what you've done for me Austin Buddy, AMAZING job... worth every penny!
Thank you for the kind words tvegas99. I agree they are an exceptional value to help you get the most out of your Axe-Fx III right from the start.

If you think about how much time (by the $hour) it would take for you to create 1000 sounds by yourself and then update them two more times with new firmwares...$99 is extremely reasonable and less than the cost of a non-boutique pedal. So, get a pedal for over $99, or 1000 sounds? No brainer!

It makes me very happy that customers are PLAYING and not having to struggle with PROGRAMMING... the Axe-Fx really changed my life, it was what I dreamed of as the perfect guitar tool back in the 1980's -- a Swiss army knife tool that could replicate any great guitar sound at any time, perfectly. Enjoy!

Gang:

Need your input...maybe we should start a thread with a poll on this?

What would you think if in the final version of FW 5.08+ (coming), I changed the tap off the Amp to be Output 3 (not 2), and added a 10 band Graphic EQ block in front of the new position Output 3 behind the amp (no cab block) , so power-amp users can still tailor GEQ going to their power amp/on-stage real cabs?

That would free up both the balanced XLRs of both Outs 1 and 2, which could also be used for FOH and Stage monitoring or other systems (into a DAW, etc.)

(I had held onto Output 2 initially behind the amp before the cab, because I love having available the Global2 EQ for the power amp).

If we go this route, for the power-amp & real cab users out here, you'd still have to manually set the 10-band GEQ block for EVERY preset to fit your own power-amp/cab system (create and save the GEQ block that works best for your real life cab from the Axe-Fx amp block into a power amp, then go into each preset and load it from your blocks library). I'd have the GEQ block default to neutral.

Thoughts?

That would free up both the balanced XLRs of both Outs 1 and 2, which could also be used for FOH and Stage monitoring or other systems (into a DAW, etc.)

Yes please! This has my vote cos I use Output 2 for FOH and 1 for monitoring as well.

That said, if I use a preset for live I almost always tweak it first and that includes checking the routing, so it’s not a train smash for me to carry on as is either.

Behringer FCB1010 has been the control pedal so far.
I got the FC-12 control pedal!
A new world opened.
I have to change my way of thinking.
I'm trying the factory settings.

Gang:

Need your input...maybe we should start a thread with a poll on this?

What would you think if in the final version of FW 5.08+ (coming), I changed the tap off the Amp to be Output 3 (not 2), and added a 10 band Graphic EQ block in front of the new position Output 3 behind the amp (no cab block) , so power-amp users can still tailor GEQ going to their power amp/on-stage real cabs?

(I had held onto Output 2 initially behind the amp before the cab, because I love having available the Global2 EQ for the power amp).

If we go this route, for the power-amp & real cab users out here, you'd still have to manually set the 10-band GEQ block for EVERY preset to fit your own power-amp/cab system (create and save the GEQ block that works best for your real life cab from the Axe-Fx amp block into a power amp, then go into each preset and load it from your blocks library). I'd have the GEQ block default to neutral.

Thoughts?

First, I was super happy with V1 of the Naked pack. But, you killed it with the this update. I finally downloaded Bank A the other day, and I am blown away at how great it sounds. Been hooked on the Friedmans for a couple days now.

This preset pack has also really opened my eyes to the power of the Axe III and shortened my learning curve. I never thought about setting a CS to control the preamp boost until I read the latest release notes, great idea and work beautifully, so I set up the CS for saturation on my FC6 too.

As far as the outputs, I always use out 2 to my power amp and cab for live use. I'm fine with the FRFR sound, but my band mates hate it when I don't play a real cab. So, I have to edit the hell out of the preset to get out 2 with all the effects.I usually place a shunt in the looper block, then drag and drop the cab block to that spot, and drag out 2 to a spot after the reverb block, but before the cab. Means I have to make a decision on the cab block when you have 2, but I'm good with that. So, I'm good with whatever is best for the majority on the output blocks.

Bought the pack yesterday and want to reiterate how good and helpful this is to bringing the whole axe fx unit into focus.

This helps make sense of the tremendous number of tools in the tool box. You've built useable and high quality modules out of a dizzying array of discrete parts that are understandable by the average guitarist. Very, very good stuff.

Either way works, you could always just swap the outputs in the grid. I wish I could figure out a way to change the FRFR/ SS amp/cab settings independently for each output instead of in amp block.

The updated presets sound AMAZING by the way! Axe3 is an amazing piece of gear and sounding better than ever.

Last edited:
Bought the pack yesterday and want to reiterate how good and helpful this is to bringing the whole axe fx unit into focus.

This helps make sense of the tremendous number of tools in the tool box. You've built useable and high quality modules out of a dizzying array of discrete parts that are understandable by the average guitarist. Very, very good stuff.

The “Great Koch-ry” preset is one of my favorites and it hasn’t even been updated yet. Such an awesome preset! Try it out!

I’m definitely for the change, that’ll fix my issues with output 2 going to my daw!

Also really think the footswitch controls for every patch should be individuated with per-preset switches that can be systematized across the board and altered for individual patch circumstances; that way it won’t affect anyone’s custom layouts as long as they have a layout for per-preset switches. The per-preset overrides are so amazing too because you can adjust the layouts on a per-patch basis and make everything fit in without altering anyone’s system setup

The “Great Koch-ry” preset is one of my favorites and it hasn’t even been updated yet. Such an awesome preset! Try it out!

I love me some Greg Koch playing! Got to see him do a Master Class here in Austin at the 6 String Ranch...great guy/human being too.

That preset is made for Teles, especially bridge pickup, and I tried to emulate his "Gristle tone" drive pedals with it... definitely on the "to update" list. Glad you like it!

Okay guys -- I put on Midori playing Paginni's Violin Caprices as background energy and voila, I've done it - Output 2 and 3 are switched in version 5.x Bank A and forthcoming Bank B. Not available for download yet, will make everything available together in one go soon.

Bank B is coming along, got all the Class A and No Negative feedback amps done today.

Output 3 now has a GEQ in front of it -- and will go out to power amps/real cabs, or into a DAW where you can use 3rd party Impulse Responses in the DAW if you like.

Next update on both Banks (before July) will have outputs configured like this:

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 11.55.24 AM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom