Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Thanks for sharing those - helps me understand and evaluate before spending the $$. I see a couple of these presets up on Axechange - are those prerelease or do they match up with ones in the pack?

The Marshall Super Lead, and earlier firmware version Bogner Ecstasy Rig, and and early firmware Austin Johnson preset all for the Axe-III are up, any others are probably for Ax8 or Axe-Fx.

The magic is in the variant amp scenes, the cab pairings, and the leveling...

Last edited:
I'm shocked I hadn't noticed this until now! I tried to buy the pack but my credit card decided to disable itself. I called the customer service and after 30 minutes of waiting they told me to call back again in the morning... going on tour tomorrow and have to wait for next week to try the pack because of this. Blah.

I want this pack so much, that I just put an application in to change my bank (okay there's been also some other major problems lately... but that's it, I've had enough of this bs).

Last edited:
How are these presets for heavier stuff? Or are they more geared towards clean and crunch/Marshall type tones?
The presets are based on what the amps do.

So heavy modern amps - Diezel, Bogner Uber, ENGL, Block 6160, FAS modern, Rectifiers, Splawn Nitrous — those amp presets will have scenes that do that heavier thing.

These don’t try to make a Fender into a metal machine of doom...

You can add even more bottom by lowering the LO CUT in the Cab Block further.

Last edited:
The presets are based on what the amps do.

So heavy modern amps - Diezel, Bogner Uber, ENGL, Block 6160, FAS modern, Rectifiers, Splawn Nitrous — those amp presets will have scenes do that heavier thing.

These don’t try to make a Fender into a metal machine of doom...

You can add even more bottom by lowering the LO CUT in the Cab Block further.

Let me add that there are some fun, scooped "heavy" amp presets I even label in the scenes as "fizzilicious..." or "fizzing on top"....delicious fizz (the good kind) on top and big chugging lows underneath...

Just a quick note from a new happy customer...
I've been a long-time Fractal user, but have always been overwhelmed with the number of choices/combinations available, so more-or-less have just stuck to a few core tones without experimenting or exploring a lot.

while this amp pack covers all the territory, I was attracted by how it was organized, and each preset was titled just by the amp name.

so I got the pack last night and quickly went through about half of the first bank. the tones are great, and I like many of them much better than the stock presets. one that really stuck out was the Mesa Lonestar. I've never been happy with that sim on any of the Frac products, and never really tried to dial it in. This preset has a few "Andy Timmons" scenes which sound really, really good. So i'm sure i'm going to be getting a lot of new usable tones. .

and I had a trivial problem with the order form, which they took care of very promptly. Great customer service.

Money very well spent. This is a great value for me.

Firstly - superb support here too, I had a problem with my email account - and Austin sorted it very quickly, thanks!

I first got Fractal (AX8) last year, and struggled a lot to get really 'nailed' sounds, so I bought the Naked Amps pack, and loved it - basically all my presets ended up being his amps with my effects wrapping them.

Fast forward a year, and I've got the AXE III - I've set up a number of sounds before this pack came out, what's interesting is for some - I don't need to upgrade to Austin's sounds, I find the Fenders and the Plexi - I've pretty much nailed.

Yet others (Dumble, Vox, Jubilee) - massive improvement by switching to what he's done.

I think this is an oft forgotten point, these packs make a great training tool - I haven't improved so much by looking at what he's done, but by hearing what he's done - this has doubtless tuned my ear in and enabled me to create better patches for myself. For example I spend much more time on the IR selection and tuning than I used to.

Very, very pleased with the new pack - although it has highlighted that Axe-Edit III isn't quite there in copying and pasting! Another very satisfied customer, and this represents a considerable step up from the initial Naked Amps in terms of layout and depth

I think this is an oft forgotten point, these packs make a great training tool - I haven't improved so much by looking at what he's done, but by hearing what he's done - this has doubtless tuned my ear in and enabled me to create better patches for myself. For example I spend much more time on the IR selection and tuning than I used to.

Music to my ears! I truly believe the Fractal Audio products are the ultimate democratization of great tone... my job is to be your guide and expose you to what Cliff Chase's amazing black box can do on amp tones.

The more you use it and learn, the better you will get! Hat’s off!

Back
Top Bottom