Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Your simplest presets, which consist of a drive an amp and a cab take up like 75% of the cpu and go through a million shunts, why is that...?

Your simplest presets, which consist of a drive an amp and a cab take up like 75% of the cpu..
Most of those presets have two Amps, two Cabs, three Drive blocks, Reverb and more. Those are some of the biggest CPU eaters.

...and go through a million shunts, why is that...?
All those shunts are there to give you room to build your own preset around the Naked Amps preset.

OK thanks for the help.im new to this...

The Naked presets still sound kinda "smallish" and with much less presence than the Factory ones... i am wondering if there us a global thing that Austinbuddy did to his presets that make them sound so different than the Factory ones as far as being less present, Im going back and forth with the Factory ones and there is a real difference...

OK thanks for the help.im new to this...

The Naked presets still sound kinda "smallish" and with much less presence than the Factory ones... i am wondering if there us a global thing that Austinbuddy did to his presets that make them sound so different than the Factory ones as far as being less present, Im going back and forth with the Factory ones and there is a real difference...

I find this amusing.

The Factory ones have lots of reverb and delays on them, in stereo. So there's that.

Naked Amps isn't about the effects, it's about the naked amp tones - you decide what delay and reverb you want. But if you put those presets all up on a digital mixer or console, they'll (mostly) read an average of -12db, which is where most of the Factory presets are. You ears can fool you a little on volume levels, especially if you are playing in a bedroom setting. (Google the Fletcher-Munson effect).

Go play all of these live and loud - Factory and Naked Amps -- and see what you think then.

Last edited:
Interesting... give me two or three amps where you feel that way. I can fold them in to the A/B video this weekend. I have only played about a dozen amps so far... it may be some differ.

By the way, I love the new Cab Block filter slope choice of 12db Low/6db High —- that will likely become a default choice in future updates. Give that a try to see if it tightens up your bass response.

Thanks for the filter slope tip, I’ll give it a try. Off the top of my head the Ruby Rocket, Blankenship, Bogner ecstasy gig rig blue modern 6l6 and a couple others scenes on ecstasy’s.
A lot of the presets still sound great, I just noticed some sound flubby to me after 3.01.

Thanks for the filter slope tip, I’ll give it a try. Off the top of my head the Ruby Rocket, Blankenship, Bogner ecstasy gig rig blue modern 6l6 and a couple others scenes on ecstasy’s.
A lot of the presets still sound great, I just noticed some sound flubby to me after 3.01.

I know it’s a major firmware update so some probably need to be tweaked, but you asked so maybe you’re hearing the same on those.

Quick question since i could not find an answer in the manual..
Since most presets were done with SG(which i play as well), is there a suggested global setting to adapt better for Strat/Tele?

Just turn on the MicroBoost drive pedal that is in each preset. That will boost your single coils the right amount. There are a few presets that are single-coil specific too, and are labeled as such.

Last edited:
Great, thanks. Sure- saw the SC presets. Thanks for the tip.

If your single coil guitar guitar is on the bright side like some Teles/Strats, after you turn on the Micro boost, just dial back presence and treble a little, and then increase bass and maybe mids a little - not a lot.

I am looking for AXE FX III presets that work well with tube amps.

I have a Marshall EL34 50/50 and I have finally been able to dial in some XL+ presets to work well through it without my reliance upon my JMP-1 (I still prefer using my JMP-1 in the effects loop of the XL+ but I have been coming up with a few presets that have been working well at practice).

I read about the JMP-1 being modeled in your packs so that statement caught my eye today :)

I believe presets for clean amps seem to be the easiest to create on the III but presets for heavier sounds (I prefer the gain settings to be at noon or lower (usually lower)) seem to be lacking that real amp tone and feel except with a Friedman (they seem to get closer to that tone/feel for me).

I know there is probably some trick or skill needed to get a much better tone/feel and I read you have some great sounding packs available to us.

I would like to get some for clean, crunch, rhythm and lead.

Do you have any free presets to get a sample of what you are offering? I would be fine with paying for just a few select ones just so I know what I would getting from you and if they could work for me.

One or two would be great, and thanks ahead of time :)

I would probably be interested in the XL+ packs afterwards as well.

I have a Marshall EL34 50/50 and I have finally been able to dial in some XL+ presets to work well through it without my reliance upon my JMP-1 (I still prefer using my JMP-1 in the effects loop of the XL+ but I have been coming up with a few presets that have been working well at practice).

I read about the JMP-1 being modeled in your packs so that statement caught my eye today :)

I believe presets for clean amps seem to be the easiest to create on the III but presets for heavier sounds (I prefer the gain settings to be at noon or lower (usually lower)) seem to be lacking that real amp tone and feel except with a Friedman (they seem to get closer to that tone/feel for me).

I know there is probably some trick or skill needed to get a much better tone/feel and I read you have some great sounding packs available to us.

Do you have any free presets to get a sample of what you are offering? I would be fine with paying for just a few select ones just so I know what I would getting from you and if they could work for me.

AB has a couple presets on the AxeChange. I’d recommend checking those out.

So far from my experience with the XFX3 it can not sound like a real amp. Its great for complex routing with effects and if you need a gazillion different amps at a given situation where you can not bring an amp at all, but if you are already using 3/4 of the rig and just looking to replace the real tube pre with the XFX i would stick to the real amp as you are not saving space or weight by using the XFX, that being said, AB's presets are very good as far as the xfx goes.

So far from my experience with the XFX3 it can not sound like a real amp.
You'd be hard-pressed to find many Axe-Fx owners who agree with that (or any that call it an XFX :)).

An Axe-Fx III through FRFR monitoring can sound just like a miked-up real amp. An Axe-Fx III through a power amp and a real guitar cab can sound just like an amp in the room.

Back
Top Bottom