Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi Tone Control:

Note that Cliff says the new 2.0 speaker compliance parameters will not affect existing 1.x tones - your presets will be left alone. They should sound as I intended/designed under ARES 1.x. None of the public released 1.x changes affect the tones -- it won't matter which 1.x version you have, the preset tones don't change, with one exception. The Multi-Band compressor used in the "Turn my Electric into an Acoustic" may change because that uses the Band Compressor settings made before Cliff updated the firmware, so you may have to play with the settings.

My update policy is the same as always. When a new firmware (like going from 1.x to 2.x) goes PUBLIC (not public beta), AND Axe-Edit is updated to allow new parameter control, THEN I usually put out a new update within one to two months that you can download from your account.

I usually like to wait a little bit as well -- because you guys or Cliff often discover other bugs, that subsequent 2.x firmware version will fix. It takes a while to go through 1000 presets, and I don't want to waste time if it will change yet again quickly.

I also plan to update and add some sounds in the next Axe-III TonePack update, and am focused now on getting out the door the new Dreams Rigs AX8 TonePack, so I'd expect this 1000+ Axe-III to be an early 2019 update in your account. Hope that answers your questions. But if you buy it today, everything will work fine as designed (except MBC).

A very nice thing happened this month...had to share.

TrueFire guitar teacher, former Berklee teacher and general bad-ass New York area guitar player Chris Buono discovered my 1000+ Naked Amps Tonepack for the Axe-FX III and he loved them. Chris and I had met some years back at a Dweezilla music camp through Dweezil Zappa.

Chris used the 1000+ Naked Amps Tonepack exclusively in creating three new teaching courses he shot at TrueFire's video studio in Florida. The TrueFire studio's Axe-Fx III is now loaded up with the 1000+ Naked Amps (thanks Tommy!) and visiting artists will be selecting and using these preset tones for their future TrueFire courses.

Here's Chris's video testimonial. The video excerpt taken with permission from a TrueFire Live broadcast Chris did, and I put it together. See anyone else you know in here? <wink>

All your ongoing TonePack compliments and good wishes along with testimonials like Chris's mean the world to me - thank you so much! This is the greatest digital amp modeler on the planet, and it allows the democratization of great tone to everyone who can afford to buy it! My TonePacks make it easier to quickly find the tones that help inspire players like you, just like they did for Chris! Cheers!

Last edited:
All existing Naked Amps Axe-III presets will sound as designed under 2.0, as Cliff said.

Axe-III edit has not been updated yet to adjust for the new speaker compliance parameters. The public 2.0 was just released, there is usually a one to two month lag before any updates are available.

So - you can try it to taste. If you like it, use it. Unlike the other TonePacks, I do mostly use the default speaker compression settings in the Axe-III tonepack.
just bought! Thanks!

Multiple signal routing options with 3 outputs. You can easily run into both a powered FRFR monitor on stage from Output 1 and simultaneously into a Front of House PA using Output 3. Or go into a DAW with Output 1 digitally, and simultaneously into a stage FRFR monitor with Output 3. Output 2 is a direct signal tapped off the amp block (no cab or wet effects) for those using powered amps and real guitar speaker cabs.

Is it possible to include the wet effects with the output to a poweramp + guitar cab?

Is it possible to include the wet effects with the output to a poweramp + guitar cab?

Yes would but would need to disable both the CAB Blocks in the preset. I'm not sure if there isa FracTool application for the Axe-Fx III am;p but I know you can do batch setter in other units to turn a preset on/off globally. But remember, the Cab is 1/2 the tone/sound -- the presets won't sound as designed if you run a Tweed champ into a 4x12 Marshall for example.

Yes would but would need to disable both the CAB Blocks in the preset. I'm not sure if there isa FracTool application for the Axe-Fx III am;p but I know you can do batch setter in other units to turn a preset on/off globally. But remember, the Cab is 1/2 the tone/sound -- the presets won't sound as designed if you run a Tweed champ into a 4x12 Marshall for example.

Ok thanks! I have the 700 Naked tone pack for AX8 (but just sold the AX8 and ordered a FX III couldn't resist the black Friday temptation!). Hoping to use it in a similar fashion. In the AX8 I run L/R out to my Apollo Twin that is connected to two studio monitors. I also run an FX loop to a Powerstage 170 into a regular 2x12 cab for when I want to feel some air move in my basement :) To do this I had to move the cab block to the end of the chain and then place the FX loop right above/before it so It got all the effects.

Ok thanks! I have the 700 Naked tone pack for AX8 (but just sold the AX8 and ordered a FX III couldn't resist the black Friday temptation!). Hoping to use it in a similar fashion. In the AX8 I run L/R out to my Apollo Twin that is connected to two studio monitors. I also run an FX loop to a Powerstage 170 into a regular 2x12 cab for when I want to feel some air move in my basement :) To do this I had to move the cab block to the end of the chain and then place the FX loop right above/before it so It got all the effects.
Oh I thought you had the Axe-Fx III version. So it's different for the 700+ AX8. There is a tap off the amp with no cabs, BUT any wet effects may be after the tap. You would need to disable the Cab for Out1 then use that output with power amps and cabs.

I need more info. The TonePack uses 1 1/2 banks of space. But don’t worry, you can always re-load the Factory presets and overwrite again.

Hey Buddy, I am new with the lll. I had asked this question elsewhere and was under the impression that i had 512 slots only available to overwrite in the lll.

I don’t see preset bank 3 in Axe fix 3, so are you talking about the 2 or ax8 ?

Or am i missing something ?

I have not purchased your presets, yet..

I need more info. The TonePack uses 1 1/2 banks of space. But don’t worry, you can always re-load the Factory presets and overwrite again.
Yes, the tone pack uses 1.5 banks. The unit has 4 banks. So I placed the AB pack one into the axes bank 3, and the AB pack two into the empty bank 4. Yep, I can reload up axes bank 3 anytime.
I was just making sure that was the way to do it. Seems like I need another empty preset bank to be able to have the space to reload bank 3...

Hey Buddy, I am new with the lll. I had asked this question elsewhere and was under the impression that i had 512 slots only available to overwrite in the lll.

I don’t see preset bank 3 in Axe fix 3, so are you talking about the 2 or ax8 ?

Or am i missing something ?

I have not purchased your presets, yet..
There are 512 slots... divided into 4 banks each containing 128 slots. It comes preloaded with presets in banks 1-3.. leaving bank 4 empty for additional presets. So if you want to add 256 additional presets... you would need to eliminate 128 factory presets that came with the unit.
This is what I am trying to verify... if this is correct, or if I am wrong about this...

Guys: Fractalbot and Axe-Manage presets in the Axe-III editor are how you manage presets.

You can always download the factory presets any time.

You can save any bank of presets, or individual presets, to your computer’s hard drive and then call them up at will. You don’t have to store everything on your Axe-FX III at all times.

To start out, Some people put the TonePack in banks 3 and 4. They overwrite bank 3.

Others save all the factory presets to their computer with FractalBot, then put the TonePack in banks 1 and 2, then load Factory bank 1 into Bank 3 and use Bank 4 to load factory banks 2 then 3, auditioning and saving the presets they want to use.

Others use Axe III edit to audition the Tonepack presets (you can do that without saving to unit memory using Axe-Edit’s preset manager — see my 7 part YouTube tutorial on how to use Axe-Edit). They then just drag and pull over the presets they like best into empty preset space/banks.

Hope that helps you newcomers out. Well to Fractal land and enjoy!

Last edited:
Guys: Fractalbot and Axe-Manage presets in the Axe-III edit are how you manage presets.

You can always download the factory presets any time.

You can save any bank of presets, or individual presets, to your computer’s hard drive and then call them up at will. You don’t have to store everything on your Axe-FX III at all times.

To start out, Some people put the TonePack in banks 3 and 4. They overwrite bank 3.

Others save all the factory presets to their computer with FractalBot, then put the TonePack in banks 1 and 2, then load Factory bank 1 into Bank 3 and use Bank 4 to load factory banks 2 then 3, auditioning and saving the presets they want to use.

Others use Axe III edit to audition the Tonepack presets (you can do that without saving to unit memory using Axe-Edit’s preset manager — see my 7 part YouTube tutorial on how to use Axe-Edit). They then just drag and pull over the presets they like best into empty preset spacce/banks.

Hope that helps you newcomers out. Well to Fractal land and enjoy!
Yes, helpful. And I can live with that comfortably enough.
Tone pack sounds great

Yes, helpful. And I can live with that comfortably enough.
Tone pack sounds great
Yes, that answered my question regarding the banks. It was answered before, but i wanted to make sure there wasn’t a hidden list of banks..like the cab block blanks have user 1 and 2 , etc, so i was just making triple sure
Thanks for the detailed answer :)

Back
Top Bottom