Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Shout out to @austinbuddy for these. I'm finding lots of presets I can use in there, and I appreciate the consistent scene approach across all the presets. Makes it very digestible! Money well spent, so if you're hesitant to pull the trigger, don't.

1. I got these partly because I want to gauge how I am doing on my own presets in terms of overall tonal balance. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in that regard. If I use one of the plexi presets, they tend to be bright, shrill, brutal. Much brighter than I'd tune anything. Then I go to the Badger 30 preset, and it seems to have no high end at all. All of which brings me to this: I know we shouldn't try to make every single amp sound like every other...that would be defeating the purpose. But I'm curious about, as I said, that overall tonal balance and how best to strike it. Too much bass and everything gets muddy and you're stepping on the bassist. Too bright and you're stepping on pretty much everything. I'd be interested in hearing how the pros approach that, and how (as in this case) the amp presets end up sounding so very different in that respect.
What you are hearing is what many of those old plexis (especially the ones with brite caps Brite models) sound like. The lower the volume, the brigher, as you turn up the gain on them they get darker as the power amp kicks in and it cuts that bright harsh edge -- which is why people crank up Plexis. The badger sounds best with mids cranked. I agree, I don't want every amp to sound like the other, and honestly a lot of real world amps are just a variation of a Marshall flavor.

FRFRs do differ, and these preset -- in trying to emulate what I live amp in a room sounds like -- had a bit more bass than others I've done (which is why I included the Lo Cut/Bass Cut foot switch. Basically except for a few Fenders and maybe a metal amp, you really can cut everything below 100Hz to $150Hz and in a live context with a bass player you'll never miss it. Mainly you need MIDS to stick out in a mix with all the other instruments. For metal players who like to scoop their mids with smile curves etc., that makes it extra hard to dial in.

Cliff confirmed in a post that none of the amp blocks have been changed for firmware 13.x, so if there are any Tonepack issues under new firmware it will be the drive blocks - not amps.

But I don't think most of the drive blocks I used were re-done in FW 13.x and so they should still sound good (if not better). However, there is a Timmy in channel D in a few of them in Banks 1 and 2, and that probably did change noticeably. You guys can adjust accordingly if you run into it.

Hey Buddy,

I think I found something you missed on the AX3 presets. I just noticed that in Bank 2 the Fender Deluxe Normal and Vibrato chnl presets are still saved as FM3. Output 3 is missing from both presets with a shunt going to nowhere. I don't know what other tweaks you may have made to the other AX3 presets that might be missing in these two. This is in the latest version of the bundle dated August 8th.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Hey Buddy,

I think I found something you missed on the AX3 presets. I just noticed that in Bank 2 the Fender Deluxe Normal and Vibrato chnl presets are still saved as FM3. Output 3 is missing from both presets with a shunt going to nowhere. I don't know what other tweaks you may have made to the other AX3 presets that might be missing in these two. This is in the latest version of the bundle dated August 8th.

Just thought you'd like to know.

@Steve South

Very helpful. I know what happened. Cliff said to reset the negative feedback value in the Deluxes to 2.0 so I did on the FM3, and then both imported into Axe-Fx III, and just forgot to change the names on each after checking them. They work fine on Axe-fx III.

Little things like this will come up and I will fix them for next update. Thanks!

Any more out there, let us know!

Last edited:
I hope ya'll will take a few minutes given your investment and read the release notes and watch the video - all of this is covered in there, in the latest release notes I put it on the first page. Thanks!

The release notes are excellent. I had no problems getting these presets up and running after reading the notes. They clearly state how to solve the wah block issue, and it’s a very quick and easy solution.

My mate from down under Rick Webster assembled a "dream rig" of tones from the new Live Gold TonePack -- have a listen!

My YouTube video here tells you how to cut amps and cabs from one preset and bring them into a preset of your own making so you can make your own rig.

My mate from down under Rick Webster did a very nice video demo showing the amps he made into one of his "Dream rigs" using the LIVEGOLD TonePack, thought I'd share here! I hear a little Steely Dan influence in this, and I love it!

PS I have a video up that shows how you can copy and paste amps and cabs from one preset to another to make your own Dream rig like Rick did here:

Just a head's up -- just sent out an email 2020 Summer Update newsletter to everyone on my subscriber list that comprehensively covers a lot of stuff.

I send these newsletter 2-3 times out just a year, tops. Most people not active on the forums rely on this notice about TonePack firmware updates, etc.

Just an FYI, feel free to unsubscribe if you don't want to get these.

Just a head's up -- just sent out an email 2020 Summer Update newsletter to everyone on my subscriber list that comprehensively covers a lot of stuff.

I send these newsletter 2-3 times out just a year, tops. Most people not active on the forums rely on this notice about TonePack firmware updates, etc.

Just an FYI, feel free to unsubscribe if you don't want to get these.

So... my eagle eye forum friend @CipherHost caught something in the LiveGold Bank 2.

Each bank should have NO pre-preset settings. Inexplicably, in just the Axe-Fx II version, Bank 2 apparently had some -- which he flagged for me.

They are fixed now, along with the incorrect names (FM3 instead of AX3) reported and the Deluxe Reverbs missing their Ax3 specific shunts.

I've uploaded the file. It will look like the last one you uploaded in August, but as the corrections. Bank 2 will says rcs2 now at the end (add the "2" for second revision." Also fixed one preset JVM in Bank 1 that said Fm3 incorrectly.

Keep any other little things you find coming. I know the Timmy drives sometimes found in Drive2 channel D will be incorrect under 13.x but that is something ya'll can fix for now.

Maybe I misread something, but I imported the banks using fractal bot and all of the per-preset mappings are attached to each preset. I thought they had to be loaded separate through Axe Edit. Is there a way to remove all of them or does it have to be done individually? Or can I reload through Axe Edit?

Maybe I misread something, but I imported the banks using fractal bot and all of the per-preset mappings are attached to each preset. I thought they had to be loaded separate through Axe Edit. Is there a way to remove all of them or does it have to be done individually? Or can I reload through Axe Edit?
There are no per-preset settings in FM3. There should not be in the Ax3 version. We found some in Bank 2 for Axe-Fx III this week and I have fixed that and re-uploaded everything today. Please check.

As a work around, If FractalBot is somehow adding per preset settings For Ax3 (which I doubt), then try using the Preset Manager to import the FM3 versions into your AxeFx III but the banks in the zip file I just uploaded a few hours ago (looks like same August 2020 Update file, but bank 2 Name now ends in “rcs2”) should work and have no per-preset settings. Sorry for any typos, on an iphone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most informative video for managing blocks in a preset, however kindly teach me how to swap scenes in
a preset scene 5 to scene 8 with scene 1 to 4 that is single coils be positioned lower scene order while
humbuker go up stairs scene numbers?...... thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most informative video for managing blocks in a preset, however kindly teach me how to swap scenes in
a preset scene 5 to scene 8 with scene 1 to 4 that is single coils be positioned lower scene order while

I don't think FM3-Edit lets you swap scenes yet ( I know Axe-III Edit does). All you have to do is turn on the Filter block and set it to channel A for scenes 1-4, then turn it off for scenes 5-8. Then you've "reversed it."

There are no per-preset settings in FM3. There should not be in the Ax3 version. We found some in Bank 2 for Axe-Fx III this week and I have fixed that and re-uploaded everything today. Please check.

As a work around, If FractalBot is somehow adding per preset settings For Ax3 (which I doubt), then try using the Preset Manager to import the FM3 versions into your AxeFx III but the banks in the zip file I just uploaded a few hours ago (looks like same August 2020 Update file, but bank 2 Name now ends in “rcs2”) should work and have no per-preset settings. Sorry for any typos, on an iphone
I’ll try the updated version. Thanks.

I’ll try the updated version. Thanks.
There should be NO per-preset settings for any preset in the latest banks.

I just updated the zip file moments ago for all banks for FM3 and Axe-Fx III. (as of 12:47 Sunday CST, August 16 - the banks should have an August 16th creation date now in zip file).

So you can tell them all apart from prior versions, each latest version bank now ends in "rf" for "release-final" and should be dated August 16.

No tone changes at all to anything here, this was all housekeeping stuff -- I fixed some names that were wrong in AX3 version, made sure no pre-preset settings were showing up in banks, and I fixed some AX3 Bank 2's that didn't have Out3 and Out4 hooked up. If you see per-preset settings (Axe-Fx III bank 2 was an issue), re-download this latest version.

I also fixed the spelling in the Badger 30 of Guthrie's (Govan) name for the lead scenes, I had somehow added an extra "e". Guthrie kindly and gently pointed out to me the correct spelling! ;)

I'm next going to load up 3 example LIVE GOLD presets for both the FM3 and Axe-Fx III into Axe-Change -- the 1x15 Vibroverb for Strats, the Atomica (VH), and the Powerball, for those who want to try some of this out before you buy it.

Is this update the final Ax3 pack, or is it still the FM3 presets made for use in Ax3?

This is it.

The only issue you may encounter is if you upgrade to firmware 13.x. No amp tones are affected, but a handful of the drive blocks like the Timmy I sometimes put into Drive2 Channel D may not be set right since Cliff re-worked the blocks.... but if you find and need that, you can easily reset those channels and re-dial them into taste. The drives I mainly use all seem to be fine so far and no adverse affects - MicroBoost, FET for Klon, etc. I'm sure little things will surface over time...

I’ve downloaded the updated rf files and now all bank 2 has empty presets. The preset manager shows the name but the presets are blank

Back
Top Bottom