Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Well, I took the AustinBuddy FM3 Preset Pack plunge. Feelin` a tad crazy cause I am STILL on the Wait List. And doubt I`ll see an FM3 Invite for another year. lol Lord hates a Coward. ;p This is the nuttiest thing I ever did. Buy a preset pack for a non existant Modeller. Ohhh my.

Is there a new estimate ion Bank 3 release ? For the Gainers :)
@teddis - yes. I'm hitting Bank 3 hard this weekend and took Friday off. It will probably take me 10 or so days (mostly nights, I have a day job) to do it right, which means probably by August 1 or a little before finishing Bank 3 should be obtainable.

We have most of the 5150 amp Mark Holcomb presets done (using his PRS signature guitar), although I'd love to get him back for a few more (but here Austin is approaching COVID-19 lockdown status -- so not sure if that can happen in next two weeks...).

When doing metal/modern amps I have to rest my ears a bit more between sessions, to make sure everything isn't all starting to sound the same -- so much harmonic and frequency content to consider. But I'm deliberately going to also listen to some Metallica isolated guitar stems and Dream Theater isolated stems to make sure we are getting some of that in there this round.

If you guys have any suggestions for specific metal styles that use the ENGL, Diezels, EVH/Peavey 5150 styles, or the Mesa Boogie Amps, this thread is a good place to list what specific tones you would like to see.

No promises I can deliver specifics but promise I will listen to all suggestions. I'm hitting the ENGLS ands Diezels hard this weekend, so start your wish list on those/there. Thanks!

@teddis - yes. I'm hitting Bank 3 hard this weekend and took Friday off. It will probably take me 10 or so days (mostly nights, I have a day job) to do it right, which means probably by August 1 or a little before finishing Bank 3 should be obtainable.

We have most of the 5150 amp Mark Holcomb presets done (using his PRS signature guitar), although I'd love to get him back for a few more (but here Austin is approaching COVID-19 lockdown status -- so not sure if that can happen in next two weeks...).

When doing metal/modern amps I have to rest my ears a bit more between sessions, to make sure everything isn't all starting to sound the same -- so much harmonic and frequency content to consider. But I'm deliberately going to also listen to some Metallica isolated guitar stems and Dream Theater isolated stems to make sure we are getting some of that in there this round.

If you guys have any suggestions for specific metal styles that use the ENGL, Diezels, EVH/Peavey 5150 styles, or the Mesa Boogie Amps, this thread is a good place to list what specific tones you would like to see.

No promises I can deliver specifics but promise I will listen to all suggestions. I'm hitting the ENGLS ands Diezels hard this weekend, so start your wish list on those/there. Thanks!
Some Diezel VH4 tones in the style of Tool (Adam Jones) would be awesome! And thank you for what you do and how engaged you are with your customers. Keep up the good work.

Some Diezel VH4 tones in the style of Tool (Adam Jones) would be awesome! And thank you for what you do and how engaged you are with your customers. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the suggestion! Can you name a specific Tool song to help me out here?

Here's a freebie from today (attached) -- the mighty ENGL Powerball preset for FM3.

It can sound different on different guitars, pickups, and string gauges. I used both the Mark Holcomb PRS (on loan from Mark) and my Zappa Roxy SG in middle position (blend of neck at about 8) going back and forth.

I'm thinking of this effect format (roughly 78% CPU) for many of the metal amp presets. Thoughts?

• higher noise gate thresholds (chop)
  • virtual capo (-2 default chnnl B)
  • mortal wah in A, works better with metal amps, but three other ways in BCD
  • tube screamer (various settings)
  • filter (can be Tilt EQ to emulate real amp switches , not just db boosts)
  • amp- for CS2 instead of neutral boost, am using the grinder boost
  • chorus a- few options
  • delay
  • reverb -- mostly off, maybe a tile reverb sometimes. I might also sub a stereo enhancer here for some presets. :)

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 1.03.15 PM.png

You guys let me know your thoughts...I'm really digging in all weekend.

Leveling metal amp presets with loads of "Deep" is a challenge, because the bass content spikes the level up pretty high on a low string compared to levels for other strings. If you dial in just for a low string, then the upper notes aren't as loud and the amp sounds weak.

My normal way is to level to an "A" chord that sustains for a few seconds so it shows up steady at -12db on my UAudio console meters (which is the equivalent of an average of "zero db" on the Out 1 VU meters you can see in FM3-Edit. But if you chug it when set this way, sometimes the low string bass note can pop it up 6db over that, so it's all balancing act....

Enjoy free preset!

Attachments

• Powerball ENGL FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I watched your you tube video on the live gold pack. Wow! Planning on getting that very soon.
Not so much modern metal but I could go for some killer hair metal tones ala Mick Mars, C.C. Deville, Warren Dimartini and such.

Are there OMG9 instructions thst I’m missing to set it up to switch between layouts?
I have Live Gold set up as layout 7 and omg as layout 8.
If I hold button 3 on the fm3 it goes to OMG9.
How do I get back to Live Gold layout without FM3-Edit open?

Are there OMG9 instructions thst I’m missing to set it up to switch between layouts?
I have Live Gold set up as layout 7 and omg as layout 8.
If I hold button 3 on the fm3 it goes to OMG9.
How do I get back to Live Gold layout without FM3-Edit open?

Layout 7 (amp control) switch three HOLD should bring you back to Layout 8 (main view), View 1 (make sure it si view 1, not another view).

Just check that in FM3 Edit, change it if it isn't. The below shows you waht layout 7 should look like. I think an early version layout had it going to Layout 9 instead of 8.

Here's a shot, compare to yours and fix footswitch three if it's different to match the below, and you should be good to go.

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 12.53.59 PM.png

Yes please on the Dream Theater/JP stuff! In particular, I'd like to request the tones from the song The Count Of Tuscany, or anything from their Dream Theater or Black Clouds And Silver Linings albums.

Bought your pack for my FM3 today. Spent about an hour so far. The quality and volume level consistency is excellent. REALLY looking forward to Bank 3!!

Now I just need to figure out what kinds of tones I actually prefer... I love the higher gain stuff, but am also trying to narrow down the right HBE. I'm also a worship guitarist, and love your versions of the AC20 and DC30.

Very nicely done! Thanks for making this, AB!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom