Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Any word on an update for this for FM9 6.00? :eyes:
Hi @bigswifty

On my new website (updated), there is now a LATEST NEWS tab.

I'm going to keep the TonePack update schedule there, and update it when it changes (if something happens sooner than expected, or later) That should help.

If a 2024 TonePack update is DONE and available , I'll list it IN LATEST NEWS as well.

There is also now an FAQ on y website too. I'll do a short video tour on how to use the website better soon as well...

I'm slowly coming into the 21st century... :cool:

But since you asked, I've already started working on and checking/updating any "firmware changed" (not new) amps for LiveGold that happened since Feb. 2023....already done about 10 of those, a few every day am in studio...

So, here's an excerpt from LATEST NEWS page:

My current rough schedule for producing free TonePack Updates for 2024 is:

• LIVEGOLD — End of Winter/Spring 2024
  • 200+ BASS — Spring/early Summer 2024
  • BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1 — Spring/early Summer 2024
  • 1400+ NAKED AMPS — Fall 2024
  • +PLUS PACK 2025 version — Winter/early 2025
It can always change. Also, am going to work on an extensive effects block "FX Warehouse"Tone Pack some more this year when not doing updates (those take priority)... in the new video demo of the +PlusPack 2024TonePack, go to the Hiwatt and you'll see a sneak peak of some of what I've been up to on screen as I select the different fuzzes....

Website is BACK UP AND LIVE! I think the new website looks much better.

There is an FAQ and a Latest News section now as well as Videos with TonePack demos and tutorials.

There are roughly a dozen orders from some parts of Feb. 6 to 9 we still have to add back to database in next few days - everybody else should be all set.

If you find that you are in that "Dirty Dozen" and can't see your downloads when you login in, or can't login, just contact me direct. Don't worry - I have original copies of your orders - all good/being fixed.

THANKS FOR YA'LLS PATIENCE!

Okay guys -- the WEBSITE IS GOING TO BE DOWN FOR AWHILE, NOT SURE HOW LONG YET - COULD BE A WEEK, OR EVEN TWO.

Here's what it will say if you go there:

Dear Customers:

We are working on various database issues that have prevented some customers from logging in, or from seeing or downloading their past orders.

Not to worry, we have multiple daily backups and can see every order ever placed on our end.

The website will be down for a week or two until we can confidently restore full account access for everyone affected.

If you need a recent zip TonePack file urgently and can’t wait for the website to go live again, please email heybuddy@austinbuddy.com with the email you used to place your order, and when he can, he will email it to you manually.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Okay guys -- the WEBSITE IS GOING TO BE DOWN FOR AWHILE, NOT SURE HOW LONG YET - COULD BE A WEEK, OR EVEN TWO.

Here's what it will say if you go there:

Dear Customers:

We are working on various database issues that have prevented some customers from logging in, or from seeing or downloading their past orders.

Not to worry, we have multiple daily backups and can see every order ever placed on our end.

The website will be down for a week or two until we can confidently restore full account access for everyone affected.

If you need a recent zip TonePack file urgently and can’t wait for the website to go live again, please email heybuddy@austinbuddy.com with the email you used to place your order, and when he can, he will email it to you manually.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.
Hello, any updates on when the website will be ready? Is it currently possible to purchase presets?

Hello, any updates on when the website will be ready? Is it currently possible to purchase presets?
Can’t buy right now.

Web people tell me could be back up by end of the coming week/Friday — but I need to check everything carefully first to make sure it’s ALL working as it should.

Need to buy through website because that is how you set up an account and can access downloads and free future updates.

I thought I would ask here, but was wondering if anyone has had clipping issues with the Live Gold presets since the Axe FX III firmware 24.04 update? I have updated to 24.05 and still have the clipping issue. I had to lower the input sensitivity for Channel 1 to 8.3% from 50% with previous versions of firmware. Just curious if anyone else experienced this.

I thought I would ask here, but was wondering if anyone has had clipping issues with the Live Gold presets since the Axe FX III firmware 24.04 update? I have updated to 24.05 and still have the clipping issue. I had to lower the input sensitivity for Channel 1 to 8.3% from 50% with previous versions of firmware. Just curious if anyone else experienced this.
That input sensitivity has nothing to do with output volume really. See the Axe-FX III wikipedia but it has to do with optimizing the A/D convertors.

There is a chance that if Cliff changed some things in an amp model since February 2023 (last LiveGold update) then the volume may have shifted. I will be starting the process to update LiveGold for 2024 this month for spring. If you guys flag any specific amp models that sound “off” or major volume difference than a year ago, that would be helpful!

That input sensitivity has nothing to do with output volume really. See the Axe-FX III wikipedia but it has to do with optimizing the A/D convertors.

There is a chance that if Cliff changed some things in an amp model since February 2023 (last LiveGold update) then the volume may have shifted. I will be starting the process to update LiveGold for 2024 this month for spring. If you guys flag any specific amp models that sound “off” or major volume difference than a year ago, that would be helpful!
Austin, thanks for your response. I may have described it wrong , but the issue was with the “input clipping” alarm on the front of the unit. I read the Wiki article and it confirmed what I did was the solution. It no longer shows the “input clipping” alarm when playing so I should be good. Just didn’t know why I need to adjust now since I have never adjusted before. Thanks again for your help and presets. They are my go to sounds on the Axe III! In particular Vintage Bogner Ecstasy. I think that preset can do about anything!

Hi everyone:

The website is back up now. My web team tells me it can take orders fine and your account access should have been restored, except possibly for a small number of you we can fix manually.

If you login and you still have a problem with a broken download link or missing files, please email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com or message me here, with your order email and we'll get the web team on it.

Some of the account area menus looked greyed out, but they do work when you click on them. We'll get that fixed soon.

Thanks for your patience!

-AB

Hi everyone - Episode #2 of the That AustinBuddy Tonepack show is now up on my YouTube channel, and features my friend Like Cutchen of the country-rock band Midland. He brought some of this cool guitars over and we played random presets form the +PlusPack, LiveGold, and Naked Amps. It was fun! Enjoy!

Head's up LiveGold fans -- Cliff has released a new, public beta firmware 25.0 also called CX3.

This firmware will likely significantly CHANGE the sound amp presets in LiveGold you are using now from firmware 22-24 sounds.

Read Cliff's all CAPS message here before even thinking about updating:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-25-00-public-beta-cygnus-x-3.202659/

So, I will begin updating LiveGold using this newer firmware starting first week of April and will try to get the Bank 1 Marshalls out first to you guys ASAP (by sometime in May), then Banks 2 and 3.

I'm have two Axe-FX IIIs so I can run them side by side comparing each preset from firmware CX3 to CX2, and dial in a CX3 version accordingly - but this takes time. Lots of it.

If you guys wondered why I wait between firmware updates and only do them once a year, this is a good example -- because with the new changes it's proable that 1000+ scenes will need to be re-leveled and gain adjusted for CX3.

For the time being, I'd urge you to stay on firmware 24 CX2 if you are using LiveGold on gigs or recording...let the public beta process work out and bugs get found/resolved...

Onward and upward!

I love that you're doing this for us.
Ha! It's a PITA that takes awhile to do. Here's why - I posted this on the CX3 thread too. You have to reset the amps in CX3. So....

This would be a good time for everyone not up on how amp resets work to read Yek's excellent Wiki entry about amp block hard and soft resting and what values change and what do not under each method.

For example, if I want to use fw25 and now must reset a single LiveGold preset with four amp channels ABCD - especially a hard amp reset using the preset manager - after the reset, I will have to go back into each amp block and manually enter the old key parameter values for the following stuff bulleted below to get a true A/B comparison between how the preset sounds on fw25 CX3 versus the prior version on fw24 CX2:

- possibly the presence, depth and a brite cap value (if I altered),

- the input EQ Lo Cut (goes to zero, I use this all the time to clean up goofy low end, at least 66Hz cut and sometimes more)

- any amp block graphic EQ values changed (will all go back to zero)

- Speaker Thump, comp and drive (although the editor's great batch processor handles fixing those universally easily enough)

- if you alter preamp or power amp tubes, or play with negative feedback or Supply sag (I don't usually mess with these)

- any input dynamics or output compression settings (they will go back to zero/default I use that for cleans a lot), and

- any non-default pre or power amp tubes or variac changes.

Also these change:

- the amp boost value (defaults to 12db on reset, I often use 8db to 10db tied to CS2 switch, depending on amp),

- the amp saturation value (defaults to 4.0, which sometimes is way too loud if used with my CS5 switch, - you have to custom do values for these per amp to control the volume (I use Ideal type but still have to do this or a preset can clip)

A hard (and some soft) amp reset will erase most of those above that I often tweak to produce a LiveGold preset -- even though it preserves some basic gain and T/M/B stuff.

A soft reset keeps more of your original settings - but not all.

The now-defunct (no longer supported by developer) FracTool was nice when we had it, because it let you "freeze' some of these custom settings listed above to the amp block when you reset an amp.

So - just be aware, if you often change parameters in your amp block like these above, an amp reset is going to write over them and reset them to default -- and you'll have to adjust them back to taste.

(And all this is why it takes forever for me to produce a TonePack update after a major firmware update... because it's all manually done by me to the specific amp am playing each time -- I don't just globally do "set parameter" stuff with a batch processor and hope it works out).

So, as always...if you like your presets now, you don't have to change. Before you try a new firmware like this that is explicit in how it will alter your existing sounds -- back up your presets first, and keep the Cx2 firmware they work under saved, and you can always revert backwards later if you like.

Ha! It's a PITA that takes awhile to do. Here's why - I posted this on the CX3 thread too. You have to reset the amps in CX3. So....

This would be a good time for everyone not up on how amp resets work to read Yek's excellent Wiki entry about amp block hard and soft resting and what values change and what do not under each method.

For example, if I want to use fw25 and now must reset a single LiveGold preset with four amp channels ABCD - especially a hard amp reset using the preset manager - after the reset, I will have to go back into each amp block and manually enter the old key parameter values for the following stuff bulleted below to get a true A/B comparison between how the preset sounds on fw25 CX3 versus the prior version on fw24 CX2:

- possibly the presence, depth and a brite cap value (if I altered),

- the input EQ Lo Cut (goes to zero, I use this all the time to clean up goofy low end, at least 66Hz cut and sometimes more)

- any amp block graphic EQ values changed (will all go back to zero)

- Speaker Thump, comp and drive (although the editor's great batch processor handles fixing those universally easily enough)

- if you alter preamp or power amp tubes, or play with negative feedback or Supply sag (I don't usually mess with these)

- any input dynamics or output compression settings (they will go back to zero/default I use that for cleans a lot), and

- any non-default pre or power amp tubes or variac changes.

Also these change:

- the amp boost value (defaults to 12db on reset, I often use 8db to 10db tied to CS2 switch, depending on amp),

- the amp saturation value (defaults to 4.0, which sometimes is way too loud if used with my CS5 switch, - you have to custom do values for these per amp to control the volume (I use Ideal type but still have to do this or a preset can clip)

A hard (and some soft) amp reset will erase most of those above that I often tweak to produce a LiveGold preset -- even though it preserves some basic gain and T/M/B stuff.

A soft reset keeps more of your original settings - but not all.

The now-defunct (no longer supported by developer) FracTool was nice when we had it, because it let you "freeze' some of these custom settings listed above to the amp block when you reset an amp.

So - just be aware, if you often change parameters in your amp block like these above, an amp reset is going to write over them and reset them to default -- and you'll have to adjust them back to taste.

(And all this is why it takes forever for me to produce a TonePack update after a major firmware update... because it's all manually done by me to the specific amp am playing each time -- I don't just globally do "set parameter" stuff with a batch processor and hope it works out).

So, as always...if you like your presets now, you don't have to change. Before you try a new firmware like this that is explicit in how it will alter your existing sounds -- back up your presets first, and keep the Cx2 firmware they work under saved, and you can always revert backwards later if you like.
1710639578051.png

Jokes aside, thank you again. Once a year, around this time, before gig season starts, I reset everything to factory defaults and re-do all my presets. Every year it pays off with new firmware and new Live Gold presets.

Just a head's up -- my web team has resolved the website database/download/missing order issues that some of you were having with past orders or logging in the past few weeks since we launched the new updated website in January.

There may be a small handful of customers that could still have issues -- and if so, I can personally work to manually fix those as they come up. Just email me with your order email and what issue is (screen shots are helpful). Thanks.

I would not try the 1000+ LiveGold TonePack with the new Axe-FX III firmware 25 public beta -- because that new firmware is going to change and default-out multiple amp parameters when you do the soft or hard amp preset reset necessary to use that new beta 25 firmware. You have been advised!

Starting in April, will start to tackle the scheduled 2024 LiveGold update under that new beta 25 firmware...but be aware, if I can't figure out a way to freeze some amp parameters once we do the soft/hard amp block reset save, then it's going to take a LOT more time to manually enter in all the key preset/amp block values that the soft/hard reset will change back to default unfortunately...

Back
Top Bottom