Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy LedZ "BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1" TonePack for Cygnus X2 available!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
So - the new Cygnus 4.0 firmware is out for the FM3 today. Brit Rock Royalty #1 will be updated to Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.30.25 PM.pngCygnus this summer. Here is the general TonePack update timeline, just FYI.

So... in contrast to above post and table I did about TonePack update timing, I was in a Led Zep mood this past holiday weekend and I was able to finish up a beta Axe- FX III-only version updated to Cygnus 16.x of the Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack,.

I'm getting it out to some beta testers. Assuming no issues are found I missed, I plan to add the Cygnus Axe-Fx III version to your downloads account this weekend. I 'll post here when it's available.

However -- an FM3 version is NOT ready (not included yet). And that is because there is a confirmed bug in the FM3's Studio FB Compressor block (using the hard knee) that stops all sound in these presets (But there no bug or issue on Axe-Fx III versions, works perfect there).

Fractal Audio is aware of the FM3 compressor bug issue and it is on their list to address. Once they do, I'll be able to get the stripped-down FM3 version included and out pretty fast - just waiting on their fix, no timetable known yet.

Thanks!

So... in contrast to above post and table I did about TonePack update timing, I was in a Led Zep mood this past holiday weekend and I was able to finish up a beta Axe- FX III-only version updated to Cygnus 16.x of the Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack,.

I'm getting it out to some beta testers. Assuming no issues are found I missed, I plan to add the Cygnus Axe-Fx III version to your downloads account this weekend. I 'll post here when it's available.

However -- an FM3 version is NOT ready (not included yet). And that is because there is a confirmed bug in the FM3's Studio FB Compressor block (using the hard knee) that stops all sound in these presets (But there no bug or issue on Axe-Fx III versions, works perfect there).

Fractal Audio is aware of the FM3 compressor bug issue and it is on their list to address. Once they do fix it, then I'll be able to get the stripped-down FM3 version included and out pretty fast - just waiting on their fix, no timetable known yet.

Thanks!

Okay Axe-Fx III Brit Rock Royalty owners who are using Cygnus firmware 16.x!

If you login to your account and go to your downloads area, you will see the 2021 Cygnus Update for the Axe-Fx III there now, available as zip file to download.

There is no FM3 version available yet, until Fractal Audio fixes a problematic Studio FB 1 hard knee compressor bug in firmware 4.x. But I'll add an FM3 version eventually into the zip file once that bug is all fixed (timing is beyond my control).

Please read the RELEASE notes. Enjoy!

Last edited:
If you guys are playing through an FRFR or with a band, use the no-pan Mono presets (they still have wet effects in stereo). I've re-leveled them under Cygnus to be more consistent volume level, irrespective of what the album mix level was.

Also, you can try turning on the Supro amp model's brite switch if you want a little more edge and gain in the presets scene/sound.

“stripped down FM3 version”?

Is that because of a limitation with the FM3? Or are the AX3 and FM3 versions different?
Limitations of the FM3, CPU wise.

No stereo correct panned presets in that version (where guitar is placed in stereo field in same pan position as the album).

Some song presets have to be split into two for a song that has both an acoustic and electric parts. A song with multiple layered guitar parts like Celebration Day will be in two presets on FM3. The theramin on Whole Lotta is in separate preset as another example, can’t have in same preset due to CPU, unlike on the Axe-Fx III.

Stuff like that. I still cover every sound/tone on FM3 version covering the first four albums, just like the Axe-Fx III version - it's just some preset/scene formatting is different, and there are no stereo pan placement presets, just the mono/center ones (although the wet effects still work in stereo).

i have the III version updated to Cygnus and started on FM3 update, but that unit/FM3 has a compressor bug (not in III) that can stop audio, and until Fractal fixes that bug (they know about it) I am holding off on the Cygnus update/release.

Last edited:
I have been re-working these for the FM3 and Cygnus firmware, packing as much from the original version in Axe-Fx III as I can without busting CPU. I'm bypassing the unfixed compressor bug issue by using the medium knee (not hard knee) setting and adjusting the threshold and volume accordingly.

I should have these ready/updated by end of July. Will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom