• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AFIII Presets AustinBuddy's "Brit Rock Royalty #1" TonePack -- FULL CYGNUS UPDATE 16.05 now available!

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Okay Axe-Fx III Brit Rock Royalty owners who are using Cygnus firmware 16.x!

If you login to your account and go to your downloads area, you will see the 2021 Cygnus Update for the Axe-Fx III there now, available as zip file to download.

There is no FM3 version available yet, until Fractal Audio fixes a problematic Studio FB 1 hard knee compressor bug in firmware 4.x. But I'll add an FM3 version eventually into the zip file once that bug is all fixed (timing is beyond my control).

Please read the RELEASE notes. Enjoy!

Last edited:

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
If you guys are playing through an FRFR or with a band, use the no-pan Mono presets (they still have wet effects in stereo). I've re-leveled them under Cygnus to be more consistent volume level, irrespective of what the album mix level was.

Also, you can try turning on the Supro amp model's brite switch if you want a little more edge and gain in the presets scene/sound.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I just bought the "Brit Rock Royalty" Tonepack. Looking forward to checking it out tonight.
I am also reworking some of these for the III as I do the FM3 - and they will be even better and yet even more realistic to album when I am done.
Will let ya’ll know. It is taking longer than I thought to do. Maybe two weeks.

trancegodz

Power User
I am also reworking some of these for the III as I do the FM3 - and they will be even better and yet even more realistic to album when I am done.
Will let ya’ll know. It is taking longer than I thought to do. Maybe two weeks.

I just tried out a couple of your presets from the 1st album and they sound really good with my Jimmy Page Telecaster.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
A few of you guys have been giving me really good feedback on the Cygnus update for the III, what's right, what's maybe off. @trancegodz has been really helpful with some track specific stuff.

I realized I had dialed all these in on Atomic NEO CLRs back in firmware 6.x originally...and things have evolved a good bit since then.

I'm now using these amazing ATC 25 monitors and am hearing stuff I've never heard before on these tracks. So I am going to REDO the Cygnus version of these (and I'm still doin a pared-down version for the FM3).

Already I can hear improvements for first album "One" as I A/B tones to it. I am also adding some Scenes as I go and fixing errors from the past.

So this is a long way of me saying, I'm on this, there is going to up an even further IMPROVED Cygnus version of this Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack coming later in August, and I'm probably going to need 3-4 weeks of careful listening.

I'm also thinking of just eliminating the III's fully stereo panned and volume-matched tracks (the ones that are first now, that are to match guitar stereo field placement in each part and track on album) altogether in the next update.... (the presets will be in stereo still, with cabs panned etc., but they will be leveled all the same)... it's adding an extra level/layer of work that I'm not sure you guys really use or want, makes it longer to get updates out..?

Can you give me some feedback here about that? Do you want to keep those true stereo panned, volume matched III presets as well?

Rex

Legend!
I'm also thinking of just eliminating the III's fully stereo panned and volume-matched tracks (the ones that are first now, that are to match guitar stereo field placement in each part and track on album) altogether in the next update.... (the presets will be in stereo still, with cabs panned etc., but they will be leveled all the same)... it's adding an extra level/layer of work that I'm not sure you guys really use or want, makes it longer to get updates out..?
The true-to-the-album leveling is a treat for sure, but I think it's not vital at all. Those levels are so mix-dependent that they would be of limited help in a band situation.

Top Bottom