Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy LedZ "BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1" TonePack for Cygnus X2 available!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi Everyone. My website will be down temporarily for maintenance for the next few days.

You will not be able to access any downloads or place any orders until we are back up and running.

I will let everyone know when it is back up and running again by posting here. Thanks!

P.S. My FM3 finally arrives tomorrow -- so I'm excited to get started working on a TonePack for that.

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience.

The new, re-vamped website is now on-line at the same location -- www.austinbuddy.com. Already gotten a few orders.

If you have any issues using it, please email me directly using the CONTACT tab on the website. We are still doing little tweaks to it visually etc. bu the store is working and you should be able to login to your account and see your downloads now.

Thanks! - AB

Are there any plans to release a FM3 version?

The FM3 just doesn't have the power to do it in the same way. Just one multi-part song for an FM3 may have to have 3 or four presets to cover all the scenes in a song, rather than one preset in 8 scenes like the Axe-Fx III can do. Other issues too, not enough blocks allowed (I might have to use two compressors etc).

Trust me I would make one if it was doable and accurate, but any FM3 version would be pretty stripped down. Right now I'm focused on a Live Gold TonePack for the FM3. But maybe' will look at it again after I finish that this summer.

The FM3 just doesn't have the power to do it in the same way. Just one multi-part song for an FM3 may have to have 3 or four presets to cover all the scenes in a song, rather than one preset in 8 scenes like the Axe-Fx III can do. Other issues too, not enough blocks allowed (I might have to use two compressors etc).

Trust me I would make one if it was doable and accurate, but any FM3 version would be pretty stripped down. Right now I'm focused on a Live Gold TonePack for the FM3. But maybe' will look at it again after I finish that this summer.

That's a bummer - I had no idea Page's tone was that complicated. I'd personally still be interested in a scaled-back version or song that spans multiple presets for the FM3.

Q: Are you planning on doing the rest of the studio albums?

Yep! But have to get some other things done first....late spring ETA

Are the rest of the Zeppelin studio albums Austin Buddy packs close to being ready yet?
In January you said late Spring ETA.

Are the rest of the Zeppelin studio albums Austin Buddy packs close to being ready yet?
In January you said late Spring ETA.
Then the FM3 came out so that has priority... and that is coming to a finish later this month (1000 sounds, will be called Love Gold TonePack)... but Some good news: I met with my partner Jason who plywd while I dialed the last one in, and we will start work on the next Brit Rock Royalty TonePack in July!

Then the FM3 came out so that has priority... and that is coming to a finish later this month (1000 sounds, will be called Love Gold TonePack)... but Some good news: I met with my partner Jason who plywd while I dialed the last one in, and we will start work on the next Brit Rock Royalty TonePack in July!
When is scheduled FM3 packs coming out?...Wonder any considerations for customers who already have Naked Amps Pack?...thanks for your endeavour.

Just had to share... I bought the '60 RI Les Paul we did the Brit Rock Royalty TonePack #1 on!...Originally the owner Jason who help co-produce the pack with me didn't want to sell it, and I settled and instead got his '59 RI LP instead which was Tom Murphy aged and nice, but I liked the 60's neck better. He changed his mind so I sold the '59 and got the '60 in almost a perfect swap.

These are the main guitars I own we used to make Brit Rock Royalty #1. My Martin HD28 and Danelectro not shown.

We also used a real Gibson Jimmy Page 12 string double neck guitar (seen in the BRR demo videos we did) and another nice Telecaster that fellow producer Kyle Crusham owned. Cheers!IMG_2324.jpg

Hey guys...just wanted to let anyone who hasn't bought the Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack yet that I plan to put that TonePack on sale for $99 soon for July. I'll post here once my webmaster gets it all set up and "live."

If you own an FM3, be aware I'm getting ready to do a release on a "Live Gold" Tonepack (for guitars, not bass) for it soon as well, with an introductory sale too. The 1000+ "Live Gold" for FM3 is my best efforts and getting live gig-ready sounds to give to a real "amp on stage" feeling, so it's like Dream Rigs but improved and uses the FM3 preset/8 scene layout. I'll post more details soon. There are some cool tones of Jimmy Page and other rock guitar Gods/greats in that new one!

If you own an FM3, be aware I'm getting ready to do a release on a "Live Gold" Tonepack ......d uses the FM3 preset/8 scene layout. I'll post more details soon. There are some cool tones of Jimmy Page and other rock guitar Gods/greats in that new one!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"FM3 preset/8 scene... " means you will use OMG9?

If you own an FM3, be aware I'm getting ready to do a release on a "Live Gold" Tonepack ......d uses the FM3 preset/8 scene layout. I'll post more details soon. There are some cool tones of Jimmy Page and other rock guitar Gods/greats in that new one!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"FM3 preset/8 scene... " means you will use OMG9?

I plan to...I have adapted it and made an Amp Controller page (layout 7) that i can navigate to from layout page 8, but that means the OMG looper button was replaced. Still have to refine it, may just include single layouts you guys can use and integrate rather than the whole thing. That comes a little later, after bank 3 gets done!

If you haven't gotten this TonePack yet, know that the Brit Rock Royalty #1 Tonepack is now on sale throughout July 2020 for $99! Sale ends July 31st.

Just an update!

Okay, now that I finished the 200+ Bass TonePack (finally!) I'm starting work on updating Brit Rock Royalty #1 to firmware 14.

This is a very minor update, mainly I am adjusting the compressors to take advantage of the new studio "feed-forward" compressor models that can emulate the famed Universal Audio 1176 like was used b Glynn Johns and Eddie Kramer on the actual albums. Actually finished LZ "I" presets today, so hopefully I'll have the new firmware update in your downloads area before October 15th.

Man, they sound so good - I am using ATC 25s to monitor (instead of CLRs) and it's just killing.

I know Cooper Carter, who has been had at work on his Master Class for FM3, had shot further demos for the III and IV and maybe in next few months he can put together a second "20 greatest riffs" demo like he did so well for LZ I & II.

I'm also hoping to start work on doing the next 4 albums or so for a Brit Rock #2 if I can get my two original partners over to the studio for a few sessions this fall to bang them out... Cheers!

Okay, the AustinBuddy Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack update for Axe-Fx III firmware 14.x is almost ready for official release this week.

Good news -- I'm also including an FM3 Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack version in this update. This is a "stripped down" version (no album panning) of each preset, and may require a second preset here and there for a song, in order to work around CPU issues.

A couple of changes to expect (release notes will cover everything in more detail, do read those).

The two provided User Cabs have been moved from 55-56 (old) to 65-66 (New locations). This is so they do not conflict with the 200+ Bass Tonepack User cabs.

So you will need to use Cab Manager to move (or copy) these old IRs into these two preset slots for everything to work right in this update. Also, if a preset needs a user cab, it now has a "^" symbol in the preset name so you'll know...

Wah using a pedal will be assigned to External 1 and not FC

Added CS2 Amp Boost for fun

Now using the Feedback type Studio Compressor - most priorr compressors have been re-done with this new algorithm (not yet available in FM3) to act more as a limiter than a compressor. The sounds will be a little bigger and less compressed as a result - a bit more accurate.

Fixed some errors and added a few more scenes missed in last round.

Re-did the Axe-Fx III "Mono" presets (now called "non-panned") and similar created an FM3 version. In some cases had to make two presets per song to cover all the sounds due to CPU issues. For example, the theremin that was a scene in the "Lotsa Liking" preset is now a separate preset in the FM3.

I've put the update in your account files NOW. Let me know what you think here.

But if you don't see the new BRR#1 upload called LATEST_UPDATE-Fall2020_FM3_AX3BritRockRoyalty#1-R.zip in your download account area after logging in and checking, do send me an email off line to heybuddy @ austinbuddy. com (no spaces).

We put up a new website in March and sometimes orders placed before then can be tricky to access new uploads, but we think we worked that out...this will be a good test!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom