Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy LedZ "BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1" TonePack for Cygnus X2 available!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
It's READY! You can now access a FREE April 2022 updated version of the Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack in the "My Downloads" area of your account on my website www.austinbuddy.com.

In your download zip file, you'll see each unit type has it's own folder (you get all three unit versions no matter which one you initially bought)..

Axe-Fx III - public firmware 19.06+, these updated presets have a "c3x" at end of each preset name

(NEW!) FM9 - public firmware 2.02+, these new for FM9 presets have a "c9" at the end of them. These were ported over from the FM3 version.

FM3 - public firmware 5.02+, these updated presets have a "cX" at the end of them.

This is a minor update - no changes were made to base amp tones.

I created an FM9 version based on the FM3 tonepack presets, updated all compressors, fixed some delay times for the FM3 that were off, and corrected a few errors here and there where a block was on wrong channel for a scene.

These presets sound uncannily like and damn true the to record's actually recorded guitar sound when played through great FRFR systems. My buddies Rick (drums) Scott Nelson and I took them out for a spin on my FM9 last weekend through my Mission 2x12 Gemini Studio, and had a blast.

ENJOY!

Does anyone else wait until Buddy does an update to update their Axe III firmware? I’ve been on Axe firmware 17.xx for some time now, waiting for the Brit Royalty and the LiveGold pack to update. I’m perfectly OK with waiting. I know these updates take him some time and that he has to have just an astronomical workload in keeping up with existing products alone. Cheers to AB! We appreciate ya.

Does anyone else wait until Buddy does an update to update their Axe III firmware? I’ve been on Axe firmware 17.xx for some time now, waiting for the Brit Royalty and the LiveGold pack to update. I’m perfectly OK with waiting. I know these updates take him some time and that he has to have just an astronomical workload in keeping up with existing products alone. Cheers to AB! We appreciate ya.
Brit Rock #1 is updated to latest firmware! Can download now from your account “My downloads” on my website.

Live Gold update is my May-June project.

Hi everyone:

Just a heads up, starting at 11AM CST May 4th (Wednesday) and for up to 48 hours/May 6th, my website austinbuddy.com will be down for annual maintenance.

During that time the website cannot accept new orders and you will not be able to access your account or downloads.

I'll post here when it is back up and running. It may be down less than 48 hours (probably) but we have to test it. There should be a message that appears on the website while it's down.

Thanks!

Hi everyone:

Just a heads up, starting at 11AM CST May 4th (Wednesday) and for up to 48 hours/May 6th, my website austinbuddy.com will be down for annual maintenance.

During that time the website cannot accept new orders and you will not be able to access your account or downloads.

I'll post here when it is back up and running. It may be down less than 48 hours (probably) but we have to test it. There should be a message that appears on the website while it's down.

Thanks!

AustinBuddy.com website is up - and running much faster now! Saw an order go through.

Customers should be able to login to access your account and "My Downloads."

A little update for you guys....

1) All TonePacks are on sale (discount) until midnight December 30th. Discounted amount is $79 for LiveGold, Naked Amps, and Brit Rock #1 (Led Zep albums I to IV). The 200+ Bass TonePack is discounted to $69.

2) No AustinBuddy TonePacks are yet updated to the very recent, new Axe-FX III firmware 21 public release, and thus are not updated either for any forthcoming corresponding other unit new firmwares (that will soon follow from Fractal Audio for FM9 and FM3 to mirror the III).

Before I update all the TonePacks, need all three units to align firmware-wise before I will put in the volume of work to create a complete update. All TonePack updates will be free and show up in your account on my website when available.

I don't control the timing of the firmwares of course. Wiill start working on updating LiveGold for the III next week into December, and when complete it should port of easily to the FM9 and FM3, once those firmwares catch up to the III.

So it may be very early 2023, or with luck I can get LiveGold out by Christmas/New Years, IF all the FM9 and FM3 firmwares line up by/before then.

Then I'll start on updating 1400+ Naked Amps into early 2023, then 200+ Bass, and last, Brit Rock Royalty #1. Every TonePack gets updated at least once a year, if new firmware comes out.

Wanna be brave and try new firmware with existing presets? You CAN try to use the presets under new firmwares before an update, but be aware the LEVELS can change with Cygnus X2. For Example some Marshalls may sound louder and hit the "red" now, or some Class A amps may seem a little quieter. So you'd have to adjust for that yourself.

If you want to be brave and try that, PLEASE back up your banks in FractalBot first on your existing firmware BEFORE updating to new firmware (and keep a copy of the preexisting firmware handy), to protect the preset amp settings. The Cygnus X2 firmware installation can overwrite/change presets custom amp block values I made in the current Cygnus X1 available version, such as Lo Input EQ in the amp block - those will get zero'd out or reset in Cygnus X2!

3) You can still use LiveGold, Naked Amps, Brit Rock and 200+ Bass on the firmwares that existed before Cygnus X2 without any issues, that is up to 20.04 for the III, 5.03 for the FM3, and 3.00 for the FM9. This is true even if they were made for firmware 20.01 like Naked Amps was. Brit Rock made on firmware 19.08 will sound fine on firmware 20.x

4) With all this, for now am going to temporarily suspend on-going work on my 1000+ FX Warehouse forthcoming effects block TonePack, given beta work and likely TonePack updates, but that TonePack WILL happen/be released in first half of 2023.

Hope everyone has great holidays!

A little update for you guys....

1) All TonePacks are on sale (discount) until midnight December 30th. Discounted amount is $79 for LiveGold, Naked Amps, and Brit Rock #1 (Led Zep albums I to IV). The 200+ Bass TonePack is discounted to $69.

2) No AustinBuddy TonePacks are yet updated to the very recent, new Axe-FX III firmware 21 public release, and thus are not updated either for any forthcoming corresponding other unit new firmwares (that will soon follow from Fractal Audio for FM9 and FM3 to mirror the III).

Before I update all the TonePacks, need all three units to align firmware-wise before I will put in the volume of work to create a complete update. All TonePack updates will be free and show up in your account on my website when available.

I don't control the timing of the firmwares of course. Wiill start working on updating LiveGold for the III next week into December, and when complete it should port of easily to the FM9 and FM3, once those firmwares catch up to the III.

So it may be very early 2023, or with luck I can get LiveGold out by Christmas/New Years, IF all the FM9 and FM3 firmwares line up by/before then.

Then I'll start on updating 1400+ Naked Amps into early 2023, then 200+ Bass, and last, Brit Rock Royalty #1. Every TonePack gets updated at least once a year, if new firmware comes out.

Wanna be brave and try new firmware with existing presets? You CAN try to use the presets under new firmwares before an update, but be aware the LEVELS can change with Cygnus X2. For Example some Marshalls may sound louder and hit the "red" now, or some Class A amps may seem a little quieter. So you'd have to adjust for that yourself.

If you want to be brave and try that, PLEASE back up your banks in FractalBot first on your existing firmware BEFORE updating to new firmware (and keep a copy of the preexisting firmware handy), to protect the preset amp settings. The Cygnus X2 firmware installation can overwrite/change presets custom amp block values I made in the current Cygnus X1 available version, such as Lo Input EQ in the amp block - those will get zero'd out or reset in Cygnus X2!

3) You can still use LiveGold, Naked Amps, Brit Rock and 200+ Bass on the firmwares that existed before Cygnus X2 without any issues, that is up to 20.04 for the III, 5.03 for the FM3, and 3.00 for the FM9. This is true even if they were made for firmware 20.01 like Naked Amps was.

4) With all this, for now am going to temporarily suspend on-going work on my 1000+ FX Warehouse forthcoming effects block TonePack, given beta work and likely TonePack updates, but that TonePack WILL happen/be released in first half of 2023.

Hope everyone has great holidays!

Hey Brit Rock Royalty #1 users:

I've updated all the Brit Rock Royalty #1 presets for Cygnus X2, including fixing the compressors to account for the new firmware changes to them (like the auto make-up gain) plus, a few other little things I fixed or improved.

This free 2023 update for existing customers is now in your "My Downloads" area ofyour account on my www.austinbuddy.com website, download the one marked for 2023 labeled as "Latest - fwCX2- May2023 - Brit RockRoyalty1 AX3 FM9 FM3"

As usual, you get all three unit versions, each in their own folder.

Enjoy the tones!

Hey Brit Rock Royalty #1 users:

I've updated all the Brit Rock Royalty #1 presets for Cygnus X2, including fixing the compressors to account for the new firmware changes to them (like the auto make-up gain) plus, a few other little things I fixed or improved.

This free 2023 update for existing customers is now in your "My Downloads" area ofyour account on my www.austinbuddy.com website, download the one marked for 2023 labeled as "Latest - fwCX2- May2023 - Brit RockRoyalty1 AX3 FM9 FM3"

As usual, you get all three unit versions, each in their own folder.

Enjoy the tones!

Hi AB. Just checked my account and it appears the latest version is April 2022.
Should’nt be. What unit do you have/buy it for ? That helps me pinpoint any issue.

Also scroll down to be sure.

I did this fast this AM as I am heading to airport and on the road a few weeks. But I should be be able to fix it on-line if something didn’t save right on website.

You can also email me at. Heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com

Just double-checked; no change. As it happens I have all 3 units, but I'm in no rush. Safe travels!
Huh. @Scented Meat So everything looks fine on my end/web side -files in place correctly.

One weird thing is, the main zip file (before I loaded to my website) is stored in a cloud and I can't seem to download it manually right now remotely if I wanted to email it. Getting that sliver of a wheel. Hmmm.

Let's give it 24 hours and see if it all clears up. I'm going to overseas for a Tchad Blake workshop on mixing for next week but should have access to internet to address stuff.

Everything looks good on my side, all the past customer permissions processed. I can always add it to an account manually if there is a weird hiccup, just would need you to email me with your order email.

BTW, I forget how fun these presets are - was truly fun to go through them all again.

Cheers!

Huh. @Scented Meat So everything looks fine on my end/web side -files in place correctly.

One weird thing is, the main zip file (before I loaded to my website) is stored in a cloud and I can't seem to download it manually right now remotely if I wanted to email it. Getting that sliver of a wheel. Hmmm.

Let's give it 24 hours and see if it all clears up. I'm going to overseas for a Tchad Blake workshop on mixing for next week but should have access to internet to address stuff.

Everything looks good on my side, all the past customer permissions processed. I can always add it to an account manually if there is a weird hiccup, just would need you to email me with your order email.

BTW, I forget how fun these presets are - was truly fun to go through them all again.

Cheers!
Buddy, still showing Apr 2022 as latest update.

Back
Top Bottom