Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy LedZ "BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1" TonePack for Cygnus X2 available!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hi Gang: This will be a thread where I can answer questions about my latest "Brit Rock Royalty" TonePack series.

NEW UPDATE, MAY 2023: ALL FM3 BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1 PRESETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO CYGNUS X2 6.02+ AND ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN EXISTING CUSTOMERS ACCOUNTS, IN "MY DOWNLOAD" AREA AT WWW.AUSTINBUDDY.COM.

Also, an updated FM9 version for firmware 4.021 is also available now!

I've reworked everything. All presets are in true stereo pans. Read the release notes carefully and print out and read the updated track-by-tracl,scene-by-scene, tone-by-tone presets/player guide. These sound the best of any prior versions! Enjoy!

Brit-Rock-Tonepack-1-3d.jpg

After many months of work partnering with two great Austin-based musicians dissecting these classic recordings, am pleased to present a new series of TonePacks. These TonePacks are a little different than the Naked Amps and Dream Rigs products; they are designed to emulate and evoke the coolest and most iconic guitar tones of all time, by album and song part.

The first in this new TonePack series is the Brit Rock Royalty TonePack #1, covering 36 songs and over 150+ guitar scenes/sounds from this British foursome that changed the face of rock music forever with their first four albums in 1969-1971. Additional BRR TonePacks covering guitar tones from later albums by this legendary British foursome group are in the works!

While originally designed Axe-Fx III and panned in stereo, this version has been streamlined for the FM9/FM3 user. Our new Brit Rock Royalty (BRR) TonePacks let you instantly reproduce the timeless, iconic electric guitar tones that re-defined rock music forever.

The product contains a digital download preset bank for the Axe-Fx III consisting of stereo preset versions with correct panning, and volume-leveled (per album mix) by track "scene" to play along with your favorite I, II, III or IV albums. You get all versions -- FM3, FM9, and Axe-Fx III -- when you buy the TonePack.

Here are some video examples from I & II, using the stereo (correct pan) presets:

(Note: these videos were made pre-Cygnus firmware)

And some from III & IV:

There are bonus early group live rigs, acoustic guitar emulators, and bass presets too, and two provided special User Cabs. Provided Global Custom Scales (harmony guitars) are used in slots 3,4, and 5 for some key songs.

In addition to the READE ME User Guide, we include a detailed track by track preset scene guide that tells you exactly what guitar, pickup, volume and tone knob settings to use to produce the "Tone of the Gods!" Example:

Screen-Shot-2019-08-30-at-11.34.47-AM-1024x469.png

You'll get best results using a Les Paul style and a Telecaster style guitar, with vintage-style output pickups. It helps to have a Fractal FC12 or FC6 controller to navigate presets/scenes quickly when playing along, and an expression pedal to take full advantage of wahs, pans, volume swells, and other effects (like the Theremin emulation!).

Expect all the meticulous attention to exact tonal detail here that you've found in AustinBuddy's other TonePack products! These presets have been updated to version 21.04 or higher for the Axe-Fx III, firmware 4.01 for the FM9, and firmware 6.02 for the FM3. You get all three versions when you buy.

NEW: Here's a good example of Cooper Carter playing some the presets (from I and II):

Last edited:
Black Friday/Cyber Monday holiday sales start tomorrow! Save $20 off the Brit Rock Royalty #1 Tonepack normal price.

@austinbuddy is there a preset in the pack for Going To California? I didn’t see anything about it or I just missed it. Is it an acoustic sim like the one for “Babe I’m Gonna Leave You”?

I see where the boost is Austin thanks much for video - would have been great if the Zep presets would have worked well with my Ibanez kind of a bummer - wonder if they would close enough ?

I see where the boost is Austin thanks much for video - would have been great if the Zep presets would have worked well with my Ibanez kind of a bummer - wonder if they would close enough ?

Humbuckers are thicker sounding so it won’t sound exact is the issue. Can you use it? Yes. You could add a filter boost before the amp with about 5db to get the Ibanez to “hit” the front of the amp Model as hard as humbucker would, and it won’t sound bad, but to really nail the Page tones you gotta use similar guitar/pickups.

How will Cygnus effect the tone pack?
We will find out once there is a PUBLIC final Cygnus. My advice is don't mess with betas, because they have bugs or can change and you have to re-do the work.

It may change it a little, but I can A/B each preset back to the preset/scene sound under firmware 15, and make sure they are on track to the album and have not drifted much.

Probably affects feel more than anything (in a better way) is my guess.

@austinbuddy Sooooo I noticed this appears to be the first in a series of Brit Rock Royalty Tone Packs. Any word on what the next ones might be? Pink Floyd, Clapton, The Stones, etc...? Just curious what we have to look forward to! :)

@austinbuddy Sooooo I noticed this appears to be the first in a series of Brit Rock Royalty Tone Packs. Any word on what the next ones might be? Pink Floyd, Clapton, The Stones, etc...? Just curious what we have to look forward to! :)
Well... the original plan was to do the next set of Zep albums for Brit Rock#2... houses to presence...

However, the (literal) geniuses at Fractal Audio started churning out firmware updates that changed amp sounds, and that means I have to update 2000 sounds across multiple TonePacks so stuff still sounds right/like I designed - so that on-going process pretty much took up my last year or so, and will take up the next 3-6 months too with Cygnus.

Also the two guys who help me on that specific Brit Rock TonePack are now busy with other projects. So for now it is shelved but I do hope to one day do Brit Rock #2.

Fremen offers some Pink Floyd presets am sure are good...

However, the (literal) geniuses at Fractal Audio started churning out firmware updates that changed amp sounds, and that means I have to update 2000 sounds across multiple TonePacks
That's what happens when you associate with madmen. Just say no. :)

It's a crazy ride for anyone paying attention to the Fractal updates and it is magnified thousands of time for you.

Back
Top Bottom