Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy LedZ "BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1" TonePack for Cygnus X2 available!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
NEW UPDATE, OCTOBER 7, 2021: ALL AXE-FX III BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1 PRESETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO CYGNUS 16.05+ AND ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN EXISTING CUSTOMERS ACCOUNTS, IN "MY DOWNLOAD" AREA AT WWW.AUSTINBUDDY.COM.

I've reworked everything. All presets are in true stereo pans. Read the release notes carefully and print out and read the updated track-by-track, scene-by-scene, tone-by-tone presets/player guide. These sound the best of any prior versions! Enjoy! An FM9 version will also be available to you sometime in November.
Yay!

NEW UPDATE, OCTOBER 7, 2021: ALL AXE-FX III BRIT ROCK ROYALTY #1 PRESETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO CYGNUS 16.05+ AND ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN EXISTING CUSTOMERS ACCOUNTS, IN "MY DOWNLOAD" AREA AT WWW.AUSTINBUDDY.COM.

I've reworked everything. All presets are in true stereo pans. Read the release notes carefully and print out and read the updated track-by-track, scene-by-scene, tone-by-tone presets/player guide. These sound the best of any prior versions! Enjoy! An FM9 version will also be available to you sometime in November.

it's FANTASTIC

Thank you @Philo - just install the three custom global scales provided, and the two User Cab IRs, and the bank plus use an expression pedal in Pedal 1 for wah and other effects. Print out the guide and read it before each tune for that track’s scene notes - and away you go - have fun!

If you can’t play in stereo (highly recommended) then make sure you use the COPY L>R function in I/O > AUDIO page because the presets are all stereo now. So for mono speaker people you need to do that adjustment on hardware. Won’t sound as amazing in mono as in stereo though.

For Axe- Fx III users, don't go to the beta firmware 18 yet. While it will not change any amp tones, Cliff has reworked some of the compressors and it may affect some in the presets, from what I had designed originally. It may affect signal level output.

I will try to check it all out -- but may be a few weeks before I can thoroughly investigate.

There is a cool new batch utility in the software editor now which is great. So, if changes are need under firmware 18, I can probably make a Youtube video to show you how to fix any compressor settings quickly and easily on your own end...

Last edited:
I've only tried the Rambling on preset with 18.2, but it is significantly better than the original version. Your hard work has definitely paid off!

I've only tried the Rambling on preset with 18.2, but it is significantly better than the original version. Your hard work has definitely paid off!
The presets are much more accurate now than before. The ATC mixing monitors really helped.

But be aware, firmware 18.x has changed compressors from firmware 17.02. Not amp tones, but compressors in some cases are affected.

I have had no time to check it out but the levels may be different under firmware 18. I need to finish up Cygnus update for Naked Amps Bank 2 before I can dig in and see what's what on FW18.

Last edited:
I made sure the compressor settings were good for that ONE preset. That's the only song we play live off the 1st four albums so I haven't checked out the others yet. I was really shocked at how great it sounded. With the older version, I swapped in my acoustic emulation and my "normal" plexi for the rhythm, but am running this new one stock with the exception of leveling the output of the left and right channels. Once again, GREAT work.

I made sure the compressor settings were good for that ONE preset. That's the only song we play live off the 1st four albums so I haven't checked out the others yet. I was really shocked at how great it sounded. With the older version, I swapped in my acoustic emulation and my "normal" plexi for the rhythm, but am running this new one stock with the exception of leveling the output of the left and right channels. Once again, GREAT work.
I LOVE hearing this! I spent most of my summer and early Fall carefully making sure I could match to the album tones and getting the preset/scene guide right for the guitar type, pickup, knob positions, etc. Took a long time. Forum member @trancegodz was extremely helpful checking my work and offering helpful feedback as well.

But as always, you need to make the preset yours with your guitars, the way you play, the gain you like, etc.

I did the best I could to make these as true to the actual album track as I humanly could - and the Axe-FX III makes it all possible, and the FM3 version came out pretty good too, despite some needed compromises due to CPU% limits and other factors. Eventually I'll get an FM9 version together as well in 2nd quarter 2022,

For Axe- Fx III users, don't go to the beta firmware 18 yet. While it will not change any amp tones, Cliff has reworked some of the compressors and it may affect some in the presets, from what I had designed originally. It may affect signal level output.

I will try to check it all out -- but may be a few weeks before I can thoroughly investigate.

There is a cool new batch utility in the software editor now which is great. So, if changes are need under firmware 18, I can probably make a Youtube video to show you how to fix any compressor settings quickly and easily on your own end...
Please Austinbuddy, make this Youtube Video about fixing any compressor for the new firmware 18 !!! I have a lot of presets compromised by the new firmware!

Please Austinbuddy, make this Youtube Video about fixing any compressor for the new firmware 18 !!! I have a lot of presets compromised by the new firmware!
Hi @Christiano Hermida - You can always revert back to firmware 17.02 because no amp tones changed - firmware 18 is a beta and could change yet again before a final public.

I have to finish Naked Amps Bank 2 before I can look into the new compressors.

Question for AB and the guys that have this pack. I only occasionally play a certain Royal Brit Band, but am a huge fan of the "genre". Thus, I am always on the search for tones in this regard. Do you find that this pack crosses over into other bands and sounds, or that it is very song specific and works for "Royalty" and that's that? Lol.

Forget to mention and not sure it really matters that I already have Naked Amps and Live Gold.

Question for AB and the guys that have this pack. I only occasionally play a certain Royal Brit Band, but am a huge fan of the "genre". Thus, I am always on the search for tones in this regard. Do you find that this pack crosses over into other bands and sounds, or that it is very song specific and works for "Royalty" and that's that? Lol.

Forget to mention and not sure it really matters that I already have Naked Amps and Live Gold.
This pack replicates very specific album track guitar tones. Can you use a sound for something else or your own recording? Sure, but that is not the intent.

Okay everyone, firmware 5.0 is out now, called Cygnus X2. You do not have to reset the amp blocks for this new firmware. However - this firmware makes major changes to several compressor types. I will work on an update to be ready March April-May if not earlier to fix those new compressor issues.

Here's what you need to know so far: Read the firmware release notes!!!

(For the newer users, this first part will help. Pros can skip to below).

1. Before you update to FM3 firmware, always back up your entire FM3's banks and global settings file using FractalBot.

It's a really good idea save your various firmware edition backs up to separate folders marked with the firmware the presets were saved on.

So for example, if you have firmware 4.01 loaded now, create a folder on your computer called something like "FM3 fw 4.01 Bank Backups". This way you can't get confused and load old saved presets under the wrong firmwares.

(It's also a really good idea to SAVE the 4.10 firmware file itself and your global settings file somewhere as well. That way if you aren't happy after an update, you can revert back to things just like the where).

2. Remember, if you load up a new firmware then SAVE a preset under that firmware, and decide to revert back to a prior firmware, the lower numbered firmwares cannot see that preset any more -- it will appear as "empty" in your preset list if you revert back. It is however still there and if you load the firmware you saved it under it will reappear.

3. After you load a new firmware, you usually also have to update the editor as well. If you don't things can appear screwy.

5. You might need to refresh the editor settings. The editor usually this does this automatically when you restart the editor. But in case it doesn't or things seem screwy, go the editor pull-down menu called SETTINGS. Then click the third choice "Refresh after Firmware." layback and wait.

6. Also, sometimes after a new firmware, you need to refresh your preset names. You can do this simply by exiting the editor and restarting it, or using the Preset picker and in the upper right part of the dialogue box, click the circular two arrows button. See the blue here:

View attachment 96064

7. Also, never try to run FractalBot while the editor is open/connected, and vice versa. Your FM3 can't talk to two software programs at the same time.

Okay, now on to Brit Rock TonePack stuff for this update.

I'm going to poke around some more and you should too, but this firmware update does NOT require an amp block reset. So all of your amp tones are intact. If you don't like the sound of firmware 5 compared to firmware 4.01 or earlier just go back.

For any Brit Rock Royalty #1 Tonepack preset that use the tube or the optical compressor type, then you may have to adjust the threshold settings or other compressor settings manually yourself to update, until my update is available.

The good news: the Studio FB1 compressor I often like to use (post Cab) is not affected by the firmware update.

I'll be tackling a fix for these in March-April-May. Should go quickly once I get into it, but I travel a good bit for my day job work over the next 12 weeks away from the studio.

But the Brit Rock amp tones should be fine under the firmware.

If something seems very off to you under the new firmware other than what I flagged above, please report it here or email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com. As you know, I can't physically audition all 3000 AustinBuddy Tonepack presets scenes right after a firmware comes out, so ya'll's ears in spotting any major issues is really tremendously helpful. Muchas Graicas!

FYI, will have this Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack updated for FM3 PLUS a new FM9 version, both using the latest firmwares very soon, before end of April.

Mainly has compressors fixes, plus some delay times that got cut in half in conversion, a few other little things.

FYI, will have this Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack updated for the Axe-FX III using the latest firmware 19.06+ very soon, before end of April.

Mainly has compressors fixes, plus a few other little things. I'll post here when it's in your download account. There will also be an FM9 version finally included (as well as FM3).

It's READY! You can now access a FREE April 2022 updated version of the Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack in the "My Downloads" area of your account on my website www.austinbuddy.com.

In your download zip file, you'll see each unit type has it's own folder (you get all three unit versions no matter which one you initially bought)..

Axe-Fx III - public firmware 19.06+, these updated presets have a "c3x" at end of each preset name

(NEW!) FM9 - public firmware 2.02+, these new for FM9 presets have a "c9" at the end of them. These were ported over from the FM3 version.

FM3 - public firmware 5.02+, these updated presets have a "cX" at the end of them.

This is a minor update - no changes were made to base amp tones.

I created an FM9 version based on the FM3 tonepack presets, updated all compressors, fixed some delay times for the FM3 that were off, and corrected a few errors here and there where a block was on wrong channel for a scene.

These presets sound uncannily like and damn true the to record's actually recorded guitar sound when played through great FRFR systems. My buddies Rick (drums) Scott Nelson and I took them out for a spin on my FM9 last weekend through my Mission 2x12 Gemini Studio, and had a blast.

ENJOY!

Back
Top Bottom