Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
The newer, nicer, contactless readers cost $$$. Things that cost $$$ cut into profit. Business' attitude in this country, for the most part, is F*** the customer's (and retail employees') safety if it costs us a penny more....

Here Down Under, I think the banks have a say in what card readers are out there. They install them, but I'm not sure what costs there are to the businesses. But I travel to the USA a lot (or at least, did before the quarantine), and am always surprised that I either had to swipe my card, put in PINs, or even sign the docket (how old-fashioned and insecure is that?). Many places in the USA didn't seem to even know about chip-and-PIN cards, which we've had here for donkey's years, and have now gone almost everywhere to contactless. On my last trip, to Miami, I even had one shop use the old roll-over imprinter for my card. The sort of thing they had back in the 1980s. And there was me thinking the USA led the world in technology...! ;)

But I would have thought that moving to contactless payment would have been obligatory in a pandemic like this?

I tell you guys one thing don't think that the coronavirus "is just another strain of the flu" I've had pnermonia 4 times and as far as breathing goes pnemonia is child's play compared to this . Ive been really close to calling 911 twice in the middle of the night. Im not looking for sympathy. I'm giving a warning to be very careful. By the way I'm 51 years old

And Austin. Please hurry i need the new pack for axec3 to keep my sanity

And there was me thinking the USA led the world in technology...! ;)
Only insofar as a small company from NH is blowing people's minds with awesome guitar gear firmware updates....

But I would have thought that moving to contactless payment would have been obligatory in a pandemic like this?
Thinking, and doing the smart thing, is frowned upon in government here.... :(

There's a lot of truth in this song:

Here Down Under, I think the banks have a say in what card readers are out there. They install them, but I'm not sure what costs there are to the businesses. But I travel to the USA a lot (or at least, did before the quarantine), and am always surprised that I either had to swipe my card, put in PINs, or even sign the docket (how old-fashioned and insecure is that?). Many places in the USA didn't seem to even know about chip-and-PIN cards, which we've had here for donkey's years, and have now gone almost everywhere to contactless. On my last trip, to Miami, I even had one shop use the old roll-over imprinter for my card. The sort of thing they had back in the 1980s. And there was me thinking the USA led the world in technology...! ;)

We have to enter a pin regardless of price. Curious how you deal with fraud if someone gets your card? With no pin security they could just go crazy no?

...and I hope you recover swiftly keithguitarfan

I tell you guys one thing don't think that the coronavirus "is just another strain of the flu" I've had pnermonia 4 times and as far as breathing goes pnemonia is child's play compared to this . Ive been really close to calling 911 twice in the middle of the night. Im not looking for sympathy. I'm giving a warning to be very careful. By the way I'm 51 years old

And Austin. Please hurry i need the new pack for axec3 to keep my sanity

oh man - wishing you the best and a speedy recovery !

We have to enter a pin regardless of price. Curious how you deal with fraud if someone gets your card? With no pin security they could just go crazy no?

Well almost all the time, I use my iPhone Apple Pay setup - and it uses face recognition before it turns on the pay function. So that's pretty secure.

The very rare other occasions where I need to use the card, the PIN limit has been $100 for ages, but in the pandemic it has been raised (it's either $200 or $250 - don't know for sure, it's so rare to use it), and the banks take the risks. Let's face it - not THAT many cards get physically stolen compared to what may be compromised on the net etc. Not compared to the number of legit transactions. So the banks carry the risk, but still make bazooka profits!

And yes - keithguitarfan - best wishes for recovery. At 51 you're just below the highest risk age group, but still at more risk than a 21 or 31 year old. And if you've had pneumonia in the past - 4 times you say - then there could be some impaired lung function from those episodes. Take care out there...

So is LIVE GOLD the new Naked Amps? Is this one 'done'?

Hey amigo! It's not a a "new" Naked Amps...the intro part of the video I made in this thread explains the difference between Live Gold, Naked Amps for Axe-Fx III, and Dream Rigs.

I made this for live gig playings specifically, so you feel like you have a real amp behind you on stage -- that's what I chased here. The preset layout is different too, and cna be used for both humbucker and single coil guys.

But there is some Naked Amps as well as Dream Rigs DNA in here, - a hybrid of sorts on concepts....but I didn't simply port over amps into this,- I dialed everything up fresh with the CLR 10-12 feet behind me cranked, and really spend a LOT of time on IR selection and speaker cab impedance. It's probably the best sounding TonePack I've done, at least for live use. The firmwares get better and better!

Last edited:
and vice versa? :p
YES. If you buy it, whether Axe-Fx III or FM3 version, you'll eventually get access in your account to the bank downloads for both units -- that is, when I get them all done, hopefully before August is over! Bank 3 (modern amps/metal plus Misc.) for FM3 is still in the works and will come next.

You CAN use the FM3 presets in the Axe-Fx III right NOW if you import them with preset manager, BUT they sound slightly different -- see my FM3 preset thread where I spell it out -- and I want to go through them all and make sure they are what I intended -- quality control!

Hey amigo! It's not a a "new" Naked Amps...the intro part of the video I made in this thread explains the difference between Live Gold, Naked Amps for Axe-Fx III, and Dream Rigs.

I made this for live gig playings specifically, so you feel like you have a real amp behind you on stage -- that's what I chased here. The preset layout is different too, and cna be used for both humbucker and single coil guys.

But there is some Naked Amps as well as Dream Rigs DNA in here, - a hybrid of sorts on concepts....but I didn't simply port over amps into this,- I dialed everything up fresh with the CLR 10-12 feet behind me cranked, and really spend a LOT of time on IR selection and speaker cab impedance. It's probably the best sounding TonePack I've done, at least for live use. The firmwares get better and better!

Great. Hadn’t watched the video yet sorry. :/

:)

I sent this off to a friend who may do an FM3 demo, and realized for some of you overwhelmed this short guide to amps used by players you know may be useful to you too...so here is some stuff to look for in Bank 1 of the new Live Gold TonePack -- will post this over there too...

Van Halen stuff — Brit Brown, Atomica, Brown Eye, Lead x99 Soldano…(more to come in bank 3 later)

Brian May - Vox “Hot BMay"

Jimmy Page - early is Supro, later is 1959 SLP/Jump SLP - it snarls. Also, for a gorgeous Zep & humbucker clean like the Rain Song, try the Hook 1B (EQ Bypass ON) scene 1 - Plexi Glory

ZZ Top: Silver Jubilee, but also the OD1- Bass JMP-1

AC/DC - OD2 Bass JMP-1, Malcom and Angus scenes ….Judas Priest in there too…. Plus the JTM45 Plexi Scene 2 has the Ac/Dc Clang…

The Vintage Bogner Ecstasy is dialed in just like my old real one. I love this amp...

The Bogner Strato Fish is similar to Audrey Freed’s tone on his Cry of Love albums with a Strat…some effects there.

Bogner Fish has a Dire Straits-like Neck Les Paul pickup “Play the Guitar on MTV” sound/scene…

We'll do some bank 2 later....

-AustinBuddy

Pulled the trigger and purchased the Naked Amps pack. Still to try everything!

One quick question: can my LP with '57 Classic pickups be considered close to the middle output pickups used by AB? If no, which direction to assume adjustment?
That is just for curiosity, I’m anyway going to judge and tweak by ears for my taste.

Pulled the trigger and purchased the Naked Amps pack. Still to try everything!

One quick question: can my LP with '57 Classic pickups be considered close to the middle output pickups used by AB? If no, which direction to assume adjustment?
That is just for curiosity, I’m anyway going to judge and tweak by ears for my taste.
It will sound great - no adjustments needed. I used a ‘61 Les Paul/SG to set most of these.

I was cleaning up around my apartment last night while listening to music and Little Feats "Waiting for Columbus" live album came on. I hadn't listened to it in years and forgot how killer they were as a band and just how much I loved Lowell George's slide playing and arrangements.

Anyways, once I was done, I decided to unwind by playing some guitar. Booted up the axe and was scrolling through my Naked Amps presets when I see "FatManInDaBathtub"! I don't know how I never noticed it before, but it seemed serendipitous.

I was playing slide and phaser tinged R'n'b licks the rest of the night with a huge smile on my face.

If anyone is reading this and is on the fence about purchasing Naked Amps................DO IT!

I was cleaning up around my apartment last night while listening to music and Little Feats "Waiting for Columbus" live album came on. I hadn't listened to it in years and forgot how killer they were as a band and just how much I loved Lowell George's slide playing and arrangements.

Anyways, once I was done, I decided to unwind by playing some guitar. Booted up the axe and was scrolling through my Naked Amps presets when I see "FatManInDaBathtub"! I don't know how I never noticed it before, but it seemed serendipitous.

I was playing slide and phaser tinged R'n'b licks the rest of the night with a huge smile on my face.

If anyone is reading this and is on the fence about purchasing Naked Amps................DO IT!
That one is a good easter egg I included. Love me some Little Feat!

A quick question, if I sell my Axe FX3, can I transfer ownership of my AustinBuddy account to the new owner?

Back
Top Bottom