Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
By the way, I'm a big fan of using the S/PDIF in on Apollos with the S/PDIF out of the Axe-Fx. Pure digital signal with no A/D conversions, and frees up your other inputs. Now, you can't get that top level "Unison" input function of the mic preamps plug-ins if you use it this way, but the mic preamps do insert first in the channel under that if you want, all the other inserts are available. I rarely need to use the Apollo mic pres recording with Axe-Fx, the presets I make don't really need them. Some light compression can be a little nice to add though going into a DAW...

What about S/PDIF vs USB? Much of a difference since both are digital ins?

Yep I have someone on that today and rhis week, but wanted to get it up and running for folks waiting to buy. Thanks!
From what I can see (long time web dev here), the site is WordPress, which while it might not be the most sleek performer, serves a significant fraction of the world's sites, and isn't fundamentally a dog.

The most striking thing to me is that the main shop page loads 348 font requests! Holy crap. Ask somebody about that.

From what I can see (long time web dev here), the site is WordPress, which while it might not be the most sleek performer, serves a significant fraction of the world's sites, and isn't fundamentally a dog.

The most striking thing to me is that the main shop page loads 348 font requests! Holy crap. Ask somebody about that.
Yep. The design guy did his thing (I like the new look myself) to make it a little simpler and more streamlined (and more mobile friendly than the prior one for sure) and now they are working on all that over next few days. Appreciate the feedback, sending it in to the web team. As you guys know, I am a sound designer, not a web designer! 😁.

Thanks for the feedback and a few of the private messages. If we can, let’s keep this thread on the TonePack and not the website. I am pretty confident by end of next week or sooner it will be purring. Just wanted to get it up and it functions. I need to be spending precious time on developing the FM3 TonePack rather than this web tweaks/fixes/optimization right now but am paying some pros to do all

Any other web issues, feel free to email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com and I will forward them on to the web dev folks.

Gracias!

Enjoying the update. I ended up trying an amp I’ve never touched, the Prince Tone. I’m more of a Marshall and Friedman guy, but I was watching this video:

and I was really intrigued by their use of a Princeton to nail the guitars in Come Together. I went to the preset In this Naked Amps pack, and scene 5 (medium gain) was basically that sound. I’ve never had more fun with a Fender. Thanks!

Also gave me a thought. The Beatles are Brit Rock Royalty — I hope their could be a pack of their tones some day.

I will check it out for sure... haven’t yet. Doing the FM3/Axe-Fx III TonePack now and if it is added into the FM3 soon via firmware, I will put it in there for sure.

Hi @austinbuddy,

Just wanted to touch base as to whether you were still planning to release the Dream Rigs pack for AF3 in the near future?

And what about that base pack you put out for AX8 - any chance this will be ported to the III?

I know some of your efforts seem to have shifted to the FM3 lately, so was just curious.

Would not hesitate to jump on both of these as soon as they come out!

Cheers,
Joce

Hi @austinbuddy,

Just wanted to touch base as to whether you were still planning to release the Dream Rigs pack for AF3 in the near future?

And what about that base pack you put out for AX8 - any chance this will be ported to the III?

I know some of your efforts seem to have shifted to the FM3 lately, so was just curious.

Cheers,
Joce

Hi Joce:

The FM3 Dream Rigs TonePack I am working on now will also work on the Axe-Fx III by design.

So when you purchase it, you get BOTH versions.

I am about 25% done with the FM3 version (Fenders and Marshalls).

It will not be exactly like the Dream Rigs ( and be better IMHO) but more like a hybrid of Dream Rigs and Naked Amps.

But you will get four sounds for almost every amp modeled and a single coil option for most too.

If things go well, it should be ready mid-April, we will see, for sure should be done before May 1. Doing the manual and the multi- part video tutorial always take time.

i am going to also try to design it to work with an FC-6 too as an option, but thay may come a little later....

Hi @austinbuddy,

Cheers,
Joce
Also - yes, there will be a 200+ Bass TonePack for III and FM3, that comes after I get the FM3 Dream Rigs out.

Also - yes, there will be a 200+ Bass TonePack for III and FM3, that comes after I get the FM3 Dream Rigs out.

Great!

Thx for quick response!

Just a bit concerned that an hybrid FM3/AF3 version might be somewhat 'limited' by the fact that FM3 - as marvellous as I'm sure it is - remains less powerful and flexible than the AF3 in terms of processing power, routing, etc..

Ah well, I trust you to put out an outstanding product! .. so will wait and see before passing judgment!

Cheers,
Joce

I bought the NA pack yesterday and have been busy since. At first I found a lot of the presets sterile because the boosts are off. I was hesitant to load Budd’s FC-6 syx file. But when I started looking at the control switch assignments it became clear that I needed to to try the different boost settings in a manner that was efficient. My tone lives around a Marshall with a boost. One that cleans up with the guitar knob. I was happy to easily find several options in that area.

So I had a question: Before the FC syx options, how were people exploring the control switches? I couldn’t figure out how without the FC syx being loaded.

Btw the FC-6 layout is the perfect companion for exploring this. And it’s giving me great ideas on my personal programming once I get back around to it.

I do not see any updates for the 1400 pack. I have dates of June/2019 for the files. Where are the updates located?

Also, my userid and e-mail are not working for a logon to the site. I am using Chrome. I requested a password reset, but it has not come yet.

Was able to get the updates - the website said there were issues logging in, but I got logged in somehow. Was able to get the updates without issue.

Nice updates on the videos, they should be able to help folks new to this process.

Was able to get the updates - the website said there were issues logging in, but I got logged in somehow. Was able to get the updates without issue.

Nice updates on the videos, they should be able to help folks new to this process.

Hi @Conley Shepherd : Glad you got into your account and accessed your downloads okay.

Everyone, it's always best to email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com for support request with any AustinBuddy website or login issues than here on forum. I'll get those emails instantly and I am not on the forum every single day, so that delays a response sometimes.

-AB

Back
Top Bottom