Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Okay guys - because Christmas is almost here, repeating something I did last time.

Have made available to existing customers (and new ones) the updated firmware 11 "Bank A" only as an accessible download. It's in your account on my website now, just login.

This is a temporary Bank A file, fully compatible with firmware 11. The final-final may yet have a few more Cab Block tweaks I want to do, but this fw11 Bank A file is very close and totally usable. I put in my latest FC12 all layouts and amp page (layout6) file in there too.

Love to hear your feedback. Firmware 11 is different from firmware 6.04 (my last favorite). I've turned off the SPKR COMP or minimized it on most of these. It should feel more immediate under your fingers. You can always add that back in to taste.

Coming before January 1: an updated firmware v11 Bank B (including the new amp models), bonus presets, and other product-related updates including FC12 and FC6 layouts, and a new list of all presets and scenes.

Will aim to have the whole 1400+ Naked Amps Tonepack for Axe-Fx III completed before January 1, if not sooner.

I've also put the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack on sale ($20 off regular price) starting now -- a little earlier planned.

Enjoy the updated Bank A - and I'll get back to work on this all this weekend and over the holidays!

Cheers! :cool:

Okay guys - because Christmas is almost here, repeating something I did last time.

Have made available to existing customers (and new ones) the updated firmware 11 "Bank A" only as an accessible download. It's in your account on my website now, just login.

This is a temporary Bank A file, fully compatible with firmware 11. The final-final may yet have a few more Cab Block tweaks I want to do, but this fw11 Bank A file is very close and totally usable. I put in my latest FC12 all layouts and amp page (layout6) file in there too.

Love to hear your feedback. Firmware 11 is different from firmware 6.04 (my last favorite). I've turned off the SPKR COMP or minimized it on most of these. It should feel more immediate under your fingers. You can always add that back in to taste.

Coming before January 1: an updated firmware v11 Bank B (including the new amp models), bonus presets, and other product-related updates including FC12 and FC6 layouts, and a new list of all presets and scenes.

Will aim to have the whole 1400+ Naked Amps Tonepack for Axe-Fx III completed before January 1, if not sooner.

I've also put the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack on sale ($20 off regular price) starting now -- a little earlier planned.

Enjoy the updated Bank A - and I'll get back to work on this all this weekend and over the holidays!

Thank you dearly for this Austin! Your presets are just stunning.

i love you

Thanks AB!!

On 11.02 Beta1.0 - preset 39 - Hiwatt DR103 - is pegging my meters and crashing my system. I'm loading it into slot 166 if that matters, but your other presets load fine into that slot.

Pardon my newbieness...but this would replace all the factory presets, right?
Only if you decide to get rid of the factory presets. :)

Look at it this way: you have five gallons of gas in your car. You go to the gas station and buy five more gallons. Did those five gallons replace the gas you already had in your tank?

Thanks AB!!

On 11.02 Beta1.0 - preset 39 - Hiwatt DR103 - is pegging my meters and crashing my system. I'm loading it into slot 166 if that matters, but your other presets load fine into that slot.
Hi @examiner - Which HiWatt scene? Is that the Steel String Singer, which is made for Strats (has an asterisk in scene name) and not humbuckers, (those would spike it?)? I'll take a look tonight.

Pardon my newbieness...but this would replace all the factory presets, right?
You can only have four banks loaded at a time. The Naked Amps (currently) uses two banks. But you can save everything and load anything at anytime using FractalBot. Some people do it this way:

Bank A: your own go-to favorites and working bank; you arrange this how you like, pulling from other banks and/or creating your own presets.

Bank B: A place to hold any bank you want, one fo the three Factory banks, etc. This one changes with whatever you want to load.

Bank C -- Naked Amps Bank A

Bank D - Naked Amps Bank B

AB - I can't tell you which scene exactly because as soon as the preset loads it crashes. It's not a simple input level thing, it's a full on system freak out, all meters pegged and stay that way. I actually experienced issues just uploading the bank as it always crashed after saving that preset. Worked around that but always crashes when navigating to that preset.

There's other similar reports in the beta firmware thread, it may be a Hiwatt problem ,not sure as Cliff hasn't commented yet. I'm gonna rollback firmware tomorrow, I'll report back. Thx!

AB - I can't tell you which scene exactly because as soon as the preset loads it crashes. It's not a simple input level thing, it's a full on system freak out, all meters pegged and stay that way. I actually experienced issues just uploading the bank as it always crashed after saving that preset. Worked around that but always crashes when navigating to that preset.

There's other similar reports in the beta firmware thread, it may be a Hiwatt problem ,not sure as Cliff hasn't commented yet. I'm gonna rollback firmware tomorrow, I'll report back. Thx!

So are you on the 11.2 beta? On 11.1 it should be fine/works here.

Let me know if you roll back and that fixes it.

I set mine up with the I/O > Audio > Out1 at +4db (not -10) and the front Out1 knob at 3:00 with the white dot. That produces a signal on my Universal Audio console of an average around -12db or a little hotter. I go right into my CLR Neos that way.
Follow the guide or there is a YouTube video on setting up the CLRs input.

The variable in this is the board at the gig. It is okay to turn your Out1 down, it will not affect the tone (although your ears may fool you that it has/does). Very nicely tell the sound guy to treat the Axe-III signal like it is a keyboard direct signal - it does not need preamp gain added at the Board (which will change the tone) or lots of EQ like they might normally do on an XLR coming from a mic’d amp.
Just purchased when I set out put 1 to 3 o'clock its distorted coming through my CLR's and I can barely touch the main level on the clrs, without blasting a ton of volume, am I doing something wrong? thanks

Last edited:
I'm downloading the updated bank in the morning when the in-laws come to visit tomorrow and then I plan to spend the morning and early afternoon playing through all of them with some headphones on so I'll have something to do while they visit and it will drown their voices :)

BTW, what outputs are usually set up for power amp and speakers (I will be also be testing them through my Marshall PA and my mesa cabs)?

I think I read somewhere that it is output 2.

I would be grateful if someone could confirm if output 2 are the outputs for the PA/speakers set-up or just point me to where it might be explained for how AB breaks down the routing of the outputs and I'll read through it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just purchased when I set out put 1 to 3 o'clock its distorted coming through my CLR's and I can barely touch the main level on the clrs, without blasting a ton of volume, am I doing something wrong? thanks
Sounds like you have your CLR's gain turned up too high.

@BIGDOG

You have to set the input knob of each the CLRs right first so it does not hit the red (keeping the Axe-Fx III Out1 knob at 3: o'clock), then you turn up the output volume on the CKLr to the loudness you want. Someone once did a short video on YouTube of how to do this but I can't find the link this AM.

But don't be afraid to turn down the Out1 knob, since it does not affect the tone. I have to do that going into my Gemini2 (from Out2), I set it at noon on that else it distorts.

I just find sometimes people aren't using their Axe-Fx III like a preamp and keeping the volume too low and then thinking it sounds anemic -- it's not, that's why you have to level presets and set your outputs right into your chosen playback system for it to sound its most glorious.

35041B1F-99DE-4672-BC81-6FDA5FDCF8AD.jpeg

Last edited:
I did this horid vid a while back to set that gain structure for the Axe II and CLR.
For the Axe III i have my output 1 set to 2 Oclock. Input 1 on the CLR adjusted until i see red light on CLR input 1 led (right next to output 1 knob) set and go. Master turned up to whatever level the neighbors can stand. (Master level on CLR does not effecf tone just your sinuses)

@BIGDOG

You have to set the input knob of each the CLRs right first so it does not hit the red (keeping the Axe-Fx III Out1 knob at 3: o'clock), then you turn up the output volume on the CKLr to the loudness you want. Someone once did a short video on YouTube of how to do this but I can't find the link this AM.

But don't be afraid to turn down the Out1 knob, since it does not affect the tone. I have to do that going into my Gemini2 (from Out2), I set it at noon on that else it distorts.

I just find sometimes people aren't using their Axe-Fx III like a preamp and keeping the volume too low and then thinking it sounds anemic -- it's not, that's why you have to level presets and set your outputs right into your chosen playback system for it to sound its most glorious.

View attachment 61405
Awesome thanks! That made a huge difference!!!

Back
Top Bottom