Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Does this utilize all stock cabinets or does it ever require 3rd party IR's?
Also, does it specify what type of guitar or pickup was used to dial in the specific preset since that play such a large factor in the tone?
Thanks

Also, does it specify what type of guitar or pickup was used to dial in the specific preset since that play such a large factor in the tone?
Thanks

There are a few "bonus" presets that use a user IR, which AB has included in the pack. The rest of the use stock IRs.

Thanks
I'm sure @austinbuddy will chime in (he's good like that) but I believe most were dialed in with his Roxy SG (medium output HBs). Some presets are specifically marked as being for single coils.

All of the presets include at least one "boost" Drive block to make them work well with single coil pickups, too.

I'm sure @austinbuddy will chime in (he's good like that) but I believe most were dialed in with his Roxy SG (medium output HBs). Some presets are specifically marked as being for single coils.

All of the presets include at least one "boost" Drive block to make them work well with single coil pickups, too.

Yes - that's correct (thanks UnixGuy).

Use a MicroBoost drive pedal set with the drive at 5 and LEVEL about 3.5 with a single coil guitar to bring the level up to a humbucker, adjust level depending on how weak or strong your single coils are. I've done with meters to compare/dial in.

Damn...this was worth a hell of a lot more than $100
sounds amazing. Just the fact that I can easily audition amps that I previously was unsure of how to properly dial in is worth the money.
Thanks man!!!

You are so kind, thank. I have to agree with you they are worth the price and it's more than fair! A TON of work goes into this, including updates. And I have a day job I like and house to take care of and sleep I need -- but all the rest of my free time goes into this work and trying ot make the products better and better each time. :)

I really care deeply about making sure Fractal users have the ability to really use their Axe-Fx/AX8 to full advantage and get great tones easier. I call it 'the democratization of great tone" and we all owe Cliff and the Fractal team an amazing debt of gratitude for all they do. They really listen to the users and respond.

One of the things I am super grateful for is the overall positive want-to-help attitude of the people on this forum. I shudder to think what these Fractal community thread content would be populated with if this was a more widely focused forum (not naming names!)...I stay away from those. The users here really help each other, I've seen it for almost 10 years now up close - very extraordinary. You guys are special!

I have to agree with you they are worth the price and it's more than fair! A TON of work goes into this, including updates.

^ THIS

One of the things I am super grateful for is the overall positive want-to-help attitude of the people on this forum. I shudder to think what these Fractal community thread content would be populated with if this was a more widely focused forum (not naming names!)...I stay away from those. The users here really help each other, I've seen it for almost 10 years now up close - very extraordinary. You guys are special!

^ and THIS

Well I was supposed to be learning three songs yesterday for a rehearsal but I came on here first for a few minutes, read a lot of this thread then ended up purchasing the naked amps pack. I loaded them, up and started playing with them but I was so impressed by the quality of the sounds that I ended up jamming to backing tracks all day and completely forgot about the songs I had to learn lol.
Luckily the singer got tied up with a job somewhere and couldn't make the rehearsal so it worked out ok.

This is one hell of a package full of great sounds you can use straight out of the box in most cases and extremely good value for money, I certainly have no regrets grabbing this one, Cheers austinbuddy and a great job you've done here :)

Well I was supposed to be learning three songs yesterday for a rehearsal but I came on here first for a few minutes, read a lot of this thread then ended up purchasing the naked amps pack. I loaded them, up and started playing with them but I was so impressed by the quality of the sounds that I ended up jamming to backing tracks all day and completely forgot about the songs I had to learn lol.
Luckily the singer got tied up with a job somewhere and couldn't make the rehearsal so it worked out ok.

This is one hell of a package full of great sounds you can use straight out of the box in most cases and extremely good value for money, I certainly have no regrets grabbing this one, Cheers austinbuddy and a great job you've done here :)
Thanks Endy! The point of the TonePack is to give you amp sounds that inspire. Not all of them would work in a live application but most capture the iconic sounds of the amp they are based on. Cheers!

...I am new in the AXE community but the first purchase after I received my AxeFX III was your 1000+ Tone Pack. The reason is first it sounds fantastic in my ears as you did a great job, but second I can learn a lot in regard of building my own presets, patches and Effect Blocks. This is in my opinion the best way to get a growing learing curve with the AxeFX III. Thank you for the great work and all people who think about buying this... dont think, do it!! Highly reccomended....

Woo hoo! I just got this tonight and it rocks so far! I did some tweaking on the Super Reverb as I’ve played on my dad’s several times so I have a thing for it. I switched out the cabs and went for a traditional 57/121 setup. Awesome! Just awesome! I love how you have everything laid out!

The more I spend time with this pack, the more I love it. There are presets of so many amps I had not looked into before owning this pack, at least not in depth (i.e. taking the time to dial them in properly). Yesterday I fell in love with the Chorus 1 scene of the Jazz 120 preset, absolutely gorgeous clean sound; then I "ran into" the Friedman Dirty Shirley and Smallbox presets, and the crunch / mid gain rhythm scenes sound just soooo good. And it goes on and on.

This pack, for me, is THE definitive preset pack for the Axe:
- includes every amp
- every amp dialed in a representative way in multiple scenes
- level matched
- presets are assembled in logical order and categories

Kind of the "perfect shopping window" of what the Axe III includes. Frankly, my thought is - these should be the factory presets, because they give you a perfect tour through the models in the box. The presets in this pack add so much value, I would find it totally reasonable if Cliff made them factory presets and charged $100 more per unit for AustinBuddy's cut. But that is just my opinion, which is of course the result of owning the pack already and knowing how good it is...

Just a heads up that, for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber-Monday sales weekend, the Axe-III 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack goes on sale for $79 (regular price $99) starting Wednesday November 21 until Tuesday November 28 (day after Cyber-Monday).

If you miss it, there will probably be another one week sale around Christmas.
I’m ready for that one week sale around Christmas! Hook a fellow Austinite up...
:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom