Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I purchased this and find it absolutely hilariously awesome!!!!
Just wondered... after the last preset that is listed in the manual, "Bogner Ecstasy GIG RIG", there are a lot of empty slots, and then suddenly again two presets that are not mentioned in the manual: "Bogner Ecstasy Greenbacks" and "Hairy Brown Eye GB/V30". Kind of an Easter Egg, forgotten to remove from the banks before uploading, or some kind of error from Fractal Bot messing up installing the banks...?

I purchased this and find it absolutely hilariously awesome!!!!
Just wondered... after the last preset that is listed in the manual, "Bogner Ecstasy GIG RIG", there are a lot of empty slots, and then suddenly again two presets that are not mentioned in the manual: "Bogner Ecstasy Greenbacks" and "Hairy Brown Eye GB/V30". Kind of an Easter Egg, forgotten to remove from the banks before uploading, or some kind of error from Fractal Bot messing up installing the banks...?

Thanks . Yep that was my bad leaving them in. I was experimenting with different IRs for those presets... that is a remnant. I also put in two Tremolux presets, whoops.

Remember, this was all created without access to a preset manager function in Axe-III Edit! We now have one thankfully.

Sometime in later 2019, if there is. 2.x firmware update then, there will be a 1000+ TonePack update and some things may get re-rearranged then, and some new tones will be added. Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks . Yep that was my bad leaving them in. I was experimenting with different IRs for those presets... that is a remnant. I also put in two Tremolux presets, whoops.

Remember, this was all created without access to a preset manager function in Axe-III Edit! We now have one thankfully.

Sometime in later 2019, if there is. 2.x firmware update then, there will be a 1000+ TonePack update and some things may get re-rearranged then, and some new tones will be added. Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, it was certainly not a complaint from my side. :) I never made a single patch without Axe Edit... imagining you doing that whole pack without it, and that with all the details like level balancing all presets (which is one of my favourite features by the way!)... wow!

I'm looking forward to the update. These presets are so good that I hardly program my own anymore, I find almost any tone in it I need. Thanks for this awesome pack!!!

One of my top favorites in this pack is the Bogner Ecstasy Blue with Plexi tonestack scene.
The raw character of a Plexi with the low-mid Bogner growl. Can't go wrong with that.
Just like the Plexi mode on the real amp.

Just a heads up that, for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber-Monday sales weekend, the Axe-III 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack goes on sale for $79 (regular price $99) starting Wednesday November 21 until Tuesday November 28 (day after Cyber-Monday).

The sale will end then and return to normal $99 pricing.

The sale is open to everyone (not just prior customers) and no coupon is needed.

I am using "days" as defined by my local time in US -- Austin, Texas Central Standard Time.

If you miss it, there will probably be another one week sale around Christmas.

I added to cart and it still shows $99. Ready to pull the trigger, but it didn't seem to give me the discount.

Ah, just read where it says starting Wednesday... Sorry, I'll wait. It shows $79 on the main page, just didn't notice that starts Wednesday.

I will add that probably one of the best deals to be had over Thanksgiving is the AustinBuddy Big Bundle:

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_AustinBuddy_Big_Bundle_p/fas-801-0044.htm

Sweet baby Jesus are these good!

*No affiliation, just lovin' these cabs. Thanks Mr. Buddy, great work!

Thanks Nathan. The Vibrolux 2x10 R121 A2 in that is my go-to Fender amp IR. A handful of these AustinBuddy IRs from the collection will be part of the forthcoming Dream Rigs TonePack too.

Very cool
This is for the AF3 correct but same basic details as you posted on the AX8
Four scenes clean crunch heavy lead
Basically

Very cool
This is for the AF3 correct but same basic details as you posted on the AX8
Four scenes clean crunch heavy lead
Basically
Actually this is just for the AX8 for now but I do plan to do somethings similar for the Axe-III next year...

Hi! That about new firmware with new Speaker Compliance parameter? Will the pack be updated? Should we set it to 50 percent?

Hi! That about new firmware with new Speaker Compliance parameter? Will the pack be updated? Should we set it to 50 percent?
All existing Naked Amps Axe-III presets will sound as designed under 2.0, as Cliff said.

Axe-III edit has not been updated yet to adjust for the new speaker compliance parameters. The public 2.0 was just released, there is usually a one to two month lag before any updates are available.

So - you can try it to taste. If you like it, use it. Unlike the other TonePacks, I do mostly use the default speaker compression settings in the Axe-III tonepack.

Remember that the price also includes updates too, so if/when the firmware continues to evolve, AB is going to go through everything and make all those time consumer tweaks, adjustments etc, and then let you download new files which will reflect those changes. That is a TON of man hours he's committing to, and he's not going to make you pay all over again, so don't view it as just a great deal for tons of great current patches, but ALSO for future patches, for the next 2 or 3 major firmware updates (correct me if I'm wrong on the number)

what is the policy on this AB?

I have FW 1.17 currently installed, I'm thinking of buying the set
I assume 1.17 will work with the current set of patches?
I was about to install 2.00 then thought I should wait - should I install that?

All existing Naked Amps Axe-III presets will sound as designed under 2.0, as Cliff said.

Axe-III edit has not been updated yet to adjust for the new speaker compliance parameters. The public 2.0 was just released, there is usually a one to two month lag before any updates are available.

So - you can try it to taste. If you like it, use it. Unlike the other TonePacks, I do mostly use the default speaker compression settings in the Axe-III tonepack.
Updated Axe Edit was was already released. Used it for about an hour yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom