Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Setting it to 2 works for every amp I have added it to so far. In a few cases, I had to back the amp input gain off a bit so clean amps were still clean, but everything just sounds better with the new firmware so far.

Thanks . Yep that was my bad leaving them in. I was experimenting with different IRs for those presets... that is a remnant. I also put in two Tremolux presets, whoops.

Remember, this was all created without access to a preset manager function in Axe-III Edit! We now have one thankfully.

Sometime in later 2019, if there is. 2.x firmware update then, there will be a 1000+ TonePack update and some things may get re-rearranged then, and some new tones will be added. Cheers!

Dear Austin,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your amazing work! I'm an absolute beginner and a new user of an Axe Fx III and your presets are a huge help to me especially at a stage like this when I literally have no idea about anything. Your presets sound amazing! However, if you don't mind, can I ask a few things from you? First of all, I'm just wondering if you have the update already for the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack you've mentioned in your previous post in 2018? Also, I found that within the "Strat Vaughan a Bees" preset the "Lenny?" preset has a micro distortion and it doesn't really sound like Lenny to me with that. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong? As Lenny definitely doesn't supposed to have that kind of distortion on it...and I'm pretty sure that's not how you set the preset either...I'm sorry it just seems weird to me....Also, there is the first scene which is called JVSquad: MUST!!GtrVol@5!! which again has the same micro boost.

Many thanks in advance! :)

Csongor.

I have purchased your naked amps presets and recently upgraded to V5.Noob question , where should I have the. Output level set ? I currently set at 12 o’clock is this optimum ? I run FRFR thru a CLR neo cab. I assume output 2 can be sent to the desk also at 12 o’clock?
Friday night will be the first time I gig with the axe 3 bit nervous.Im certain your presets will cut thru

I’ve just discovered that I need output 3 to go to the desk it has a 1/4” jack could I swap 2 and 3 so I can use xlr in 2

I have purchased your naked amps presets and recently upgraded to V5.Noob question , where should I have the. Output level set ? I currently set at 12 o’clock is this optimum ? I run FRFR thru a CLR neo cab. I assume output 2 can be sent to the desk also at 12 o’clock?
Friday night will be the first time I gig with the axe 3 bit nervous.Im certain your presets will cut thru
I set mine up with the I/O > Audio > Out1 at +4db (not -10) and the front Out1 knob at 3:00 with the white dot. That produces a signal on my Universal Audio console of an average around -12db or a little hotter. I go right into my CLR Neos that way.
Follow the guide or there is a YouTube video on setting up the CLRs input.

The variable in this is the board at the gig. It is okay to turn your Out1 down, it will not affect the tone (although your ears may fool you that it has/does). Very nicely tell the sound guy to treat the Axe-III signal like it is a keyboard direct signal - it does not need preamp gain added at the Board (which will change the tone) or lots of EQ like they might normally do on an XLR coming from a mic’d amp.

Last edited:
Dear Austin,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your amazing work! I'm an absolute beginner and a new user of an Axe Fx III and your presets are a huge help to me especially at a stage like this when I literally have no idea about anything. Your presets sound amazing! However, if you don't mind, can I ask a few things from you? First of all, I'm just wondering if you have the update already for the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack you've mentioned in your previous post in 2018? Also, I found that within the "Strat Vaughan a Bees" preset the "Lenny?" preset has a micro distortion and it doesn't really sound like Lenny to me with that. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong? As Lenny definitely doesn't supposed to have that kind of distortion on it...and I'm pretty sure that's not how you set the preset either...I'm sorry it just seems weird to me....Also, there is the first scene which is called JVSquad: MUST!!GtrVol@5!! which again has the same micro boost.

Csongor.
I'll take a look at that preset. The Micro boost is a clean boost that gives "lift" to single coil pickups without adding distortion. But Cliff changed the Ampeg SVT model awhile back that may have messed that and a few other Dumble-style presets up in the bonus section after firmware 1.x, so have to look...

Read the bonus presets notes on the JVSquad one -- for it to work to get the tone, you have to turn the Strat volume knob down to 5, just like Jimmie does.

Last edited:
@austinbuddy just wondering if you’ve had a chance to mess with the gain enhancer on some of your presets. If so, any tips on which amps, settings, etc.? Thanks.
@curious - don't laugh at me. I have loaded up 10.01 and the latest Axe-Edit but I can't find any such "Gain Enhancer" control to play with -- can you or someone here tell me exactly is this located? I have looked at every amp block page in latest Axe-Edit plus on the hardware...just point me in the right direction please...

@curious - don't laugh at me. I have loaded up 10.01 and the latest Axe-Edit but I can't find any such "Gain Enhancer" control to play with -- can you or someone here tell me exactly is this located? I have looked at every amp block page in latest Axe-Edit plus on the hardware...just point me in the right direction please...
Output Compressor tab in the Amp block... It is one of the compressor type options.

It's a choice for the Output Compression in the Dynamics tab of the Amp block (not in front of it but something like that).

@unix-guy and @CodePoet stole my thunder. Check it out and see what you think. Would love to get your thoughts on how you would use it.

Is it showing up yet in Axe-Edit? called “Gain Enhancer?” Because I didn’t see it in latest version of Axe-Edit. Different name maybe? Just on hardware still?
If you are in Axe edit go to dynamics, there you have the output compressor/ out comp type , choose gain enhancer
Cheers

Dear Austin,

Csongor.
[/QUOTEL
@Csongor
EDIT - the below I wrote before is wrong (that's what I get for speculating before I go to the machine to check).

I got a chance to check and the firmware v5+ version of "Lenny?" scene in the Vaughan-A-Bees preset in Naked Amps bonus presets is fine. It works fine on Fw10 BTW

Just turn off the MicroBoost drive pedal if you don't think it's clean enough.

In Axe III, The SV Bass 1 is the original bass amp model, and SV2 is the louder, mid range one. But in Axe-Fx ARES, the origin SV Bass become SV2 - that is what confused me, and caused me to write the below, as I have been working on the 200+ Bass Tonepack for Axe-Fx.

(ignore the below!)
I believe the Ampeg SVT (SV Bass) is set to SV1 in the Lenny and another preset, when it should be SVT 2. This change happened when Cliff added a new model in a firmware but made it SVT1, instead of making it SVT 2. (Meaning, it was originally SV then when we got two, SV 2 became the old SV 1).

I did do some extensive tweaks in the advanced pages so it's not as simple as changing the amp type (which will reset the setting). I will try to re-do this preset to fix all that and maybe post it on Axe=Change this weekend, or maybe just the affected SRV Steel String Singer parts.... thanks.,

Last edited:
I believe the Ampeg SVT (SV Bass) is set to SV1 in the Lenny and another preset, when it should be SVT 2. This change happened when Cliff added a new model in a firmware but made it SVT1, instead of making it SVT 2. (Meaning, it was originally SV then when we got two, SV 2 became the old SV 1).

I did do some extensive tweaks in the advanced pages so it's not as simple as changing the amp type (which will reset the setting). I will try to re-do this preset to fix all that and maybe post it on Axe=Change this weekend, or maybe just the affected SRV Steel String Singer parts.... thanks.,
Ah fair enough! What do you mean by Axe=Change this weekend? Where are you gonna post it? Sorry, I'm not English so I might not understand some stuff you'd do. :)

Also,

Is this the update you've mentioned in that 2018 post?
https://austinbuddy.com/shop/new-tonepack-for-the-axe-fx-iii/

Thank you very much! :)

Back
Top Bottom