Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
just bought the gold tone pack do I have to override the factory presets to put all three banks in?

You would.

I went through factory presets I definitely wanted and then deleted the rest. Then I brought in groups of the Austinbuddy presets at a time (Fenders, then Marshalls etc) and kept what I liked. I periodically go back and bring some in, because often on second listen I will hear something different.

It’s painstaking, but my overall thinking is I know I’m not ever going to use all of these, so I want to select out tones I love.

Hi! I'm listening the pack via studio monitors Alesis M1Active, and almost at all presets I want to raise up a little 4HZ to get the sound more open. I using in ear monitors on stage at regular volume. not braincrushing, and I'm afraid that the sound will be dark a little, what are you thinking about it? The pack designed at high volumes, how I can use it correctly in ears? Thanks!
Use the global EQ for your IEM feed?

Okay I have loaded up firmware 2.0 and will start spot checking the LiveGold stuff under it. If anyone comes across an issue (remember to update to the latest FM3-Edit else you will get funky messages about CPU etc.) let me know what preset(s) caused an issue.

I'm on firmware 2.0 and I noticed sound drop outs with the Hook 2B, 3A, and 3B presets. Hope 2.x is coming soon.

it is a known bug and am told the just put up (yesterday) 2.0 firmware version fixes it. (EDIT: Wrong about this, not out yet?)

Back up everything as always before you install any new firmware then try it out.

Last edited:
it is a known bug and am told the just put up (yesterday) 2.0 firmware version fixes it.

Back up everything as always before you install any new firmware then try it out.

I’m having drops too and not related to amp type. They’re related to the amp modifiers. Hoping 2.1 is or there soon

it is a known bug and am told the just put up (yesterday) 2.0 firmware version fixes it.

Thanks, but I did not see a new firmware release yet.
Doesn't matter, I'm not in a real hurry (as long as I avoid the Hooks :) )

Thanks, but I did not see a new firmware release yet.
Doesn't matter, I'm not in a real hurry (as long as I avoid the Hooks :) )

Apologies. I know they are working on it for the few reported issues (including modifiers attached to amp block), but mistakenly thought they had put it out yesterday?

Probably next firmware Friday this coming week (maybe)...?

BTW, Cliff posted he had fixed the tone stack preset issue with the Hook (told me to stop testing, it had been fixed for next release).

Ya'll be patient, roll back to 1.06 if you need to, 2.x1+ when it comes should fix the reported issues.

Just purchased this pack as a new AFX3 user... and it blew my mind. Especially the FC12 layouts.

Now I'm kind of overwhelmed when it comes to creating my own 'song specific' presets, but at least I can use these as a template!

And just to clarify - even on the AFX3 we should change the output to +4dB, and if we want a lead scene boost we need to actually reduce the other scene levels?

Thanks very much Austin - great job!

Last edited:
Just purchased this pack as a new AFX3 user... and it blew my mind. Especially the FC12 layouts.

Now I'm kind of overwhelmed when it comes to creating my own 'song specific' presets, but at least I can use these as a template!

And just to clarify - even on the AFX3 we should change the output to +4dB, and if we want a lead scene boost we need to actually reduce the other scene levels?

Thanks very much Austin - great job!
Hey Farley - yes, if you use a spring loaded wah, the global fix only works to turn off the wah when you load the preset. You have to switch their “off” from 95% to 5% value in each preset, or smarter, save a wah block like that sand replace them as you go. In the next update I am going to delete the wah block and provide 3 options as blocks one case import — toe down auto on, heel up (spring load) auto on, snd then no auto on (must activate with IA button).

Using +4db works for most pro-audio set ups. Some lesser consumer grade gear can’t take that and thus requires -10 setting. I have my Out1 knob at 3:00 into my Universal Audio Console with the +4db setting and it all comes in around/just over -12db average, that’s how I level presets. What you don’t want to do is increase scene volume (for leads for example) so much that your output starts to clip. There is some headroom built in for boosts and pedals already but if you add more on top of that it can be a problem.

Glad you are diggin’ the presets man, enjoy!

Hey Austin, had your the gold pack now for a couple of weeks. Love it sir thanks. I thought I saw some comments made on holding off upgrading my FM3 to the latest version of firmware. Do we still need to hold off a bit?

Thanks

Hey Austin, had your the gold pack now for a couple of weeks. Love it sir thanks. I thought I saw some comments made on holding off upgrading my FM3 to the latest version of firmware. Do we still need to hold off a bit?

Thanks
Yes. Wait... my hope is there will be a new firmware (Friday?) for FM3 that may address the modifiers attached to amp blocks thing.

I did a down and dirty video on fixing LiveGold Tonepack presets for people using spring loaded wahs (or no pedals at all), and other wah-block matters.

There is a preset now on Axe-Change that will have two Wah blocks, one is a toe-down = OFF and a heel -up (spring loaded) = OFF. Save the blocks to your library and you can use them in any preset.

In the coming-soon update for firmware 15.x, all the Wah blocks will be removed and you'll have to add your own, tailored to your system from now on. For those of you new to this, the 12 minute video walks through what you need to know. There will also be a preset added in the update that just has both wah blocks in it so you can save to your blocks library and load where you see fit.

My schedule is a little delayed due to family matters plus having to check the latest 15.x firmware, but I promise all this should get done and released by Dec. 31, if not well before.

I did a down and dirty video on fixing LiveGold Tonepack presets for people using spring loaded wahs (or no pedals at all), and other wah-block matters.

There is a preset now on Axe-Change that will have two Wah blocks, one is a toe-down = OFF and a heel -up (spring loaded) = OFF. Save the blocks to your library and you can use them in any preset.

In the coming-soon update for firmware 2.x, all the Wah blocks will be removed and you'll have to add your own, tailored to your system from now on. For those of you new to this, the 12 minute video walks through what you need to know. There will also be a preset added in the update that just has both wah blocks in it so you can save to your blocks library and load where you see fit.

My schedule is a little delayed due to family matters plus having to check the latest 2.x firmware, but I promise all this should get done and released by Dec. 31, if not well before.

Back
Top Bottom