Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Based on your picture...just swap the rows. drag and swap the switches on your scene page. In your photo the left lower button is assigned to Scene4, not Scene 1. Not sure how or why but the rows are switched. You can drag and swap any switch in the menu.

So - click on lower left switch in the editor. then "pull it" straight up, to the top row. It will switch with that switch (Scene 1). repeat. save preset. fixed/done.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed having never bought these packs before and because the documentation only comes after buying is these packs are set up largely in this format:
  • 1 Amp per preset
  • 4 main scenes ranging low to high gain, then either 4 copies for use with single coils or 4 variants with more effects.
  • A structured use of CS switches to trigger boosts cuts and other features for even more tonal range.
I mention just in case it helps others.

There are a couple rig presets which cross model/channel lines for a more fully fleshed live rig preset. Being a live focused pack I think I expected more of those compared to a what feels like a layout better suited for recording or tone exploring.

The tones do sound good, and I’ve discovered a couple amps I’ve not tried before just flipping around at band practices. And the CS setup is something I might take the idea of and apply to my own presets. But mostly I’ve returned to dialling my own tones so I can build rigs I will actually use. I do have a bit of buyers remorse, but I did get some value from the pack even if it’s just learning the Carole-Ann amps sound great. And I know with a digital download there’s no practical way to return without opening austinbuddy’s livelihood up to scammers so that’s not practical.

Maybe if/when setlists get implemented I can revisit and see if I find a workflow I like where I assign sets of presets/scenes to setlists for songs or sets, rather than having to take different scenes and manually compile them into rigs myself.

austinbuddy has also been a stand up person offering to help me make it work for me, and keeping people updated in these threads. He does a great job even if this pack ended up not being exactly what I was looking for.

One thing I noticed having never bought these packs before and because the documentation only comes after buying is these packs are set up largely in this format:
The original post says this:

Here's a video that explains much about the concepts behind the LiveGold TonePack, the preset layouts, but you get four scenes 1-4 dialed in for humbuckers, plus scenes 5-8 allow for single coil use. All presets have a wah, drive 2 block, delay and reverb, and many have other effects as well.

I would assume the video covers everything as Buddy generally does a great job of explaining his approach.

The original post says this:

I would assume the video covers everything as Buddy generally does a great job of explaining his approach.
You're right, maybe my post wasn't adding anything helpful here at all. I didn't see it outlined as such on the store page itself and didn't watch some of the videos before buying, but it's already in here on post number one so I guess this isn't news to anymore.

I recorded this clip for another thread about getting drippy reverb tones. This is @austinbuddy’s DR vibrato channel settings. The “clean” scene for a single coil guitar. I put a reverb block in front of the amp and hit it with more level to juice it a bit. Guitar was my Silver Sky.

Delicious.

Hey Guys:

I found an error (by me) in the Diezel Herbie Channel 3 LIVEGOLD preset. I did not set the Saturation or Amp Boost values in all four channels.

This is very bad if you hit the CS5 switch - it will clip.

The fix is very easy:

In the Amp Block for the Herbie 3 preset, under the IDEAL tab, go to the right and where is says SATURATION DRIVE, change the value from 4.0 to 1.1. You need to do this for all four channels - ABCD. Make sure after you do it, before you save, that the amp channel matches the scene (1= Amp A, 2 = Amp B, 3 = Amp C, and 4 = Amp D).

Then, still on the AMP block page, on the Preamp tab, where it says BOOST LEVEL on right side, change the value from 12db (default to 8 db (or whatever sounds good to you). Do the same thing for all ABCD amp channels. Again, Make sure after you do it, before you save, that the amp channel matches the scene (1= Amp A, 2 = Amp B, 3 = Amp C, and 4 = Amp D).

Save and it's fixed. Whenever there is an update released later (probably; with new firmware) this will be fixed, but you can do it yourself now.
:cool:

Thanks guys! Rock on. I LOVE this Herbie 3 Amp channel - the "Sometimes Salvation" Scene 1 is based off the sound of the Black Crowes song of the same name.

Hi Guys:

Had a little time today and so under firmware 14 I started to reset and updates the amps Cliff listed in the release notes that were affected.

When I got to the Diezel Herbie Channel 3 preset for the LIVEGOLD Axe-Fx III (and FM3) TonePack, I found an error (by me).

I did not set the Saturation or Amp Boost values in all four channels. This is very bad if you hit the CS5 switch - it will clip.

The fix is very easy:

In the Amp Block for the Herbie 3 preset, under the IDEAL tab, go to the right and where is says SATURATION DRIVE, change the value from 4.0 to 1.1. You need to do this for all four channels - ABCD. Make sure after you do it, before you save, that the amp channel matches the scene (1= Amp A, 2 = Amp B, 3 = Amp C, and 4 = Amp D).

Then, still on the AMP block page, on the Preamp tab, where it says BOOST LEVEL on right side, change the value from 12db (default to 8 db (or whatever sounds good to you). Do the same thing for all ABCD amp channels. Again, Make sure after you do it, before you save, that the amp channel matches the scene (1= Amp A, 2 = Amp B, 3 = Amp C, and 4 = Amp D).

Save and it's fixed. Whenever there is an update released later (probably; with new firmware) this will be fixed, but you can do it yourself now.
:cool:

Thanks guys! Rock on. I LOVE this Herbie 3 Amp channel - the "Sometimes Salvation" Scene 1 is based off the sound of the Black Crowes song of the same name.

A little report

So, I haven't tested Naked Amps presets for the below models yet, but I am going through the LiveGold ones from version 12.14 to 14.x and can report this so far...

Aside from the amp models listed below, there are no amp changes under firmware 14 -- so everything is good as ever, with these exceptions:

(These are the amp model changes/fixes in firmware 14 according to Cliff):

JMP-1s - I did an amp reset and then re input the preset settings, they all pretty sound the same if not better.

Small Box - this amp did change and it sounds much better. The gain changes a little.

Diezel VH4 Blue
- this amp sounds thicker and better too.

Diezel Herbie - this really changed for the better, great before, killer now, bigger shift - it jumps out the speakers

Rectifiers - haven't done them all yet, can't say...

Ffffwaaaaaawwwkkkkk. Firmware 14 Rectos (I've tried Modern Orange and Red in the Dual) sound MUCH better.

As usual, Cliff improved everything with his firmware changes.

Really hard with my back to it and playing to not think that is a a real Dual Recto blowing air my way.

I'll work my way through them all. Holding off on doing update until we see the firmware 14.x changes brought in the FM3 version too, prefr to do them all at once.... but you can make the changes yourself (as described in above post) and you should hear it.

Wow....I've been a fractal user for years and I normally just create a preset from scratch with minimal adjustments. Rarely do I go to the advanced settings. I gravitate towards edge of breakup...natural amp sounds. Tom Petty vibe. I rarely ever use a drive pedal. Most of the time I set an amp to where it's responding pretty well and back off my volume to clean up. Pretty standard stuff. I bought @austinbuddy presets out of curiosity and I'm blown away by these amps. I'm getting way better response and tone than I have in the past. Unbelievable!! Worth every penny and I've only played a few of the fender presets. Whatever he's doing under the hood is working. Also...even though these are meant for 'live'...it's very easy to cut low end with very minimal eq to mix them for recording. I have a UAD setup and I run my guitars through a 1084 Neve. I literally set the lowcut to 70..add a touch of compression. DONE!

Wow....I've been a fractal user for years and I normally just create a preset from scratch with minimal adjustments. Rarely do I go to the advanced settings. I gravitate towards edge of breakup...natural amp sounds. Tom Petty vibe. I rarely ever use a drive pedal. Most of the time I set an amp to where it's responding pretty well and back off my volume to clean up. Pretty standard stuff. I bought @austinbuddy presets out of curiosity and I'm blown away by these amps. I'm getting way better response and tone than I have in the past. Unbelievable!! Worth every penny and I've only played a few of the fender presets. Whatever he's doing under the hood is working. Also...even though these are meant for 'live'...it's very easy to cut low end with very minimal eq to mix them for recording. I have a UAD setup and I run my guitars through a 1084 Neve. I literally set the lowcut to 70..add a touch of compression. DONE!

@codyraptor - that's the way I like my amps too, with minimal pedals - get it all with the volume control. Do check out the CS2 amp clean boost though - it really wakes up some amp types like Marshalls. If you don't have an FC12 or FC6 foot controller, you may need to change the CS2 setting to another external controller yep though. But it will be worth it!

Same experience here ... and absolutely check out the quick adjustments you can make with the controller AB has set up. I jump to a view on my FM3 set up as "Amp Controls" and can easily access those controllers.

@Den @austinbuddy absolutely. I currently have switch 1 to control CS1/CS2. CS1 turns on/off with tap...CS2 turns on/off with hold. Switch 2 is Scene +1 on tap...Scene -1 on hold. I use Scene controllers to turn up/down delays and verbs so I get a seamless transition for spillover. Basically acts like an expression pedal slowly turning down the mix/repeats etc... Switch 3 is tap tempo and tuner.

Overall..this gets me 2 boosts on Switch 1. I control the amp boost and a drive bypass mode with them. 2nd switch gets me different levels of ambiance. AND I have the ability to add the external switch for 2 more if needed...but so far this simple setup has been working. I might need to rethink it though now that I can play with the fat/cut switches..etc.. I'll probably just see what I like best though and save the amp with one of those 'always on' or 'always off'. Point is...we have options and Mr. Buddy has made a great foundation for us. All that said...I sure would love to have a FC6 and EV2. :)

Reactions: Den
Finally... the new 200+ Bass Tonepack for FM3 and Axe-Fx III is DONE and up.

It's on sale on my website NOW throughout October for introductory $69 price, normal price $79.

It has 400+ great bass tones, all in one bank, about 50-50 basic bass amp presets to artist-style presets. I'll be shooting a tutorial video over the next few days/weekend and get that up, and start a thread on it.

If you play bass or need good bass sounds to record, this is the only tool you'll need. Really proud of this one, worked with Scott Nelson here last few months to get it done.

Lot's more to say...but will do in a new preset thread this weekend!

Cheers! Onward and upwards!

Finally... the new 200+ Bass Tonepack for FM3 and Axe-Fx III is DONE and up.

It's on sale on my website NOW throughout October for introductory $69 price, normal price $79.

It has 400+ great bass tones, all in one bank, about 50-50 basic bass amp presets to artist-style presets. I'll be shooting a tutorial video over the next few days/weekend and get that up, and start a thread on it.

If you play bass or need good bass sounds to record, this is the only tool you'll need. Really proud of this one, worked with Scott Nelson here last few months to get it done.

Lot's more to say...but will do in a new preset thread this weekend!

Cheers! Onward and upwards!

Is there an example preset available so I can try on my system and see how it improves on my current presets? Would like to check an example of how they feel in a FRFR room setup before I spend $99 on the entire set. Doesn’t have to be from Live gold set, just an example showing how this improves the live feel/sound. Thanks.

Is there an example preset available so I can try on my system and see how it improves on my current presets? Would like to check an example of how they feel in a FRFR room setup before I spend $99 on the entire set. Doesn’t have to be from Live gold set, just an example showing how this improves the live feel/sound. Thanks.
Sure, there are three free examples now on AxeChange I put up this summer - an Atomica Brown Sound, a ENGL Powerball, and a Vibroverb (for Strats).

Back
Top Bottom