Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Just a though, does the Cooper Carter's amazing playthrough of 263 famous riffs on axe-fx3 that utilizes the 1000+ naked amps presets give you a realistic representation/coverage of the live gold package (as the amps/cabs are almost the same)? E.g. could you take presets with the same amp and use those straight or as a base for the riffs Cooper played? I just find the video very inspiring since it gives great reference points / examples regarding the preset/amp/cab and style/song matching.

Just a though, does the Cooper Carter's amazing playthrough of 263 famous riffs on axe-fx3 that utilizes the 1000+ naked amps presets give you a realistic representation/coverage of the live gold package (as the amps/cabs are almost the same)? E.g. could you take presets with the same amp and use those straight or as a base for the riffs Cooper played? I just find the video very inspiring since it gives great reference points / examples regarding the preset/amp/cab and style/song matching.
Let’s ask Cooper, he has both TonePacks.
Paging @ccroyalsenders ...

You should try the SLP 1959 presets and add some concert hall reverb to it. With a good vintage style les Paul, you'll feel it - it's close.

The Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack covers every electric guitar part (and a few acoustic ones!) off the first four Led Zep albums - 150 different guitar parts/sounds. We also did them in two sections: one in stereo with correct panning as well as in mono for live use. We do include that early Page live rig from that 1969 Danish gig they played (YouTube this) in 1969 or so.

What's super cool for me is "Mr Jimmy" Sakuri of Japan -- who does a great Zep/Page show -- checked out my presets -- he knows his stuff - and he loved them, I got to see a video of him doing it! Google him sometime.

I worked with two other guys who are Zep-heads like me to make those presets (so fun!), and our schedules have to mesh to get this going again, they are busy with other projects for now and spent my summer on LiveGold and am now trying to get a good Fm3/Axe-fx III version of the 200+ Bass Tonepack done in then ext 4 weeks or so.

When we get around to doing the next 5+ Zep albums, we'll include page TSRTS live rig in it, promise. You need the Axe-Fx III to recreate the sometimes extensive signal chains used in the studio and to pack everything into one preset per song, I can't do it the same way on an FM3 or AX8 unfortunately -- it could sometimes take 2-4 presets per song, which isn't practical.

I'm kinda of surprised not more people have gotten this Tonepack to be honest... you'll learn a ton from them and how guitars get sculpted into a mix.

Cooper Carter checked them out here in this video -- plus the guys I worked with did two videos in that same playlist. BTW, the :make my electric into acoustic" preset he's planning in here is pretty much the same one in the LiveGold Tonepack.

Thanks for the tip AB! I just purchased the pack. I'll try it out with my '71 soon as it's back from the shop. ;)

...and I'll definitely get the BR pack as soon as it's available for the FM3!

Last edited:
Let’s ask Cooper, he has both TonePacks.
Paging @ccroyalsenders ...

Definitely displays the coverage of the breadth of the LiveGold pack (which is huge, as with the Naked pack), but each pack in clearly designed for different uses. The Live Gold really is exactly what it says in the title. Not to say these presets wouldn't be equally at home in the studio with some tweaking. But yes, as far as showing what kind of ground the packs cover, and with what amps, the video can certainly speak to both.

Just want you guys to know I am working on the LIVEGOLD "bank two is loading up as empty" problem. Had a little help from Fractal.

This weekend I'll upload (yet again!) a confirmed 12.14 version with all three banks for the Axe-Fx III. In that, there should be no empty banks or presets if you are running either firmware 12.14 OR firmware 13.x. I will post here when the upload is ready/done.

The LIVE GOLD banks will work on firmware 13.x as intended except for the new Fractal drive block changes, those have altered. So, I'll include the Drive block extras and notes I posted above in the new zip file too as a tool for you.

Would you like me to save all three banks under a new folder for Firmware 13.x as well for AX3 too? Can do that...

Remember though: if you change and SAVE any preset(s) while running firmware 13.x, and you revert back to 12.14, the preset(s) or banks you saved will show up as empty!!!

If I had time, I would try to update the drive blocks in the 350+ presets (jeez), but here is the main issue for me: once you delete the drive block, the existing scenes assignments for Drive2 channels go away, they don't stay in place.

So that's a real problem, and instead I'm going to let you guys address drive blocks to your liking. Just know the new Fractal revised Drive blocks in 13.x are hotter/louder than I dialed in under 12.14 - they will push up the meters a little more. So using a drive block (in most but not all cases) in 13.x will be LOUDER than using it in 12.14. The fuzzes are not affected by the way, they should be fine.

Thanks for your patience. Whenever new firmware is released, things like this can happen (but not always). Hopefully this will be the last fix needed for a good while. Thanks again, glad you guys are really diggin' these presets!

(EDITED)

Last edited:
British Rock Royalty for FM3👍 Sounds like a winner for sure... I heard there’s not enough CPU available, but I don’t care if I have to switch scenes AND presets during a song to get those insane Page tones... Zepp I - IV + Nobody’s Fault but Mine (LOVE that song) for FM3 would be so awesome🤘

British Rock Royalty for FM3👍 Sounds like a winner for sure... I heard there’s not enough CPU available, but I don’t care if I have to switch scenes AND presets during a song to get those insane Page tones... Zepp I - IV + Nobody’s Fault but Mine (LOVE that song) for FM3 would be so awesome🤘

It can't work in the FM3 like it does in the Axe-Fx III, as of now anyway...some of the sounds/presets use two compressors and we only have one compressor block, for example. It would be more cumbersome but after I work on some other projects that are overdue maybe I can make a pass at translating it. That would late fall though.

Just want you guys to know I am working on the LIVEGOLD "bank two is loading up as empty" problem. Had a little help from Fractal.

This weekend I'll upload (yet again!) a confirmed 12.14 version with all three banks for the Axe-Fx III. In that, there should be no empty banks or presets if you are running either firmware 12.14 OR firmware 13.x. I will post here when the upload is ready/done.

The LIVE GOLD banks will work on firmware 13.x as intended except for the new Fractal drive block changes, those have altered. So, I'll include the Drive block extras and notes I posted above in the new zip file too as a tool for you.

Would you like me to save all three banks under a new folder for Firmware 13.x as well for AX3 too? Can do that...

Remember though: if you change and SAVE any preset(s) while running firmware 13.x, and you revert back to 12.14, the preset(s) or banks you saved will show up as empty!!!

If I had time, I would try to update the drive blocks in the 350+ presets (jeez), but here is the main issue for me: once you delete the drive block, the existing scenes assignments for Drive2 channels go away, they don't stay in place.

So that's a real problem, and instead I'm going to let you guys address drive blocks to your liking. Just know the new Fractal revised Drive blocks in 13.x are hotter/louder than I dialed in under 12.14 - they will push up the meters a little more. So using a drive block (in most but not all cases) in 13.x will be LOUDER than using it in 12.14. The fuzzes are not affected by the way, they should be fine.

Thanks for your patience. Whenever new firmware is released, things like this can happen (but not always). Hopefully this will be the last fix needed for a good while. Thanks again, glad you guys are really diggin' these presets!

(EDITED)
you have outdone yourself. I am going through these one by one and im just blown away by how you made the amp models pop like they do.

one thing please check bank a preset 26 mine loads as empty as well.

From the August 16th dated zip download file for AX3 file -- Question:

Other than Bank 1 single preset "OD2 Green JVM10H" and presets in Bank 2 (all of it), are there any other presets coming up blank for you guys from the very last (Aug, 16) download version -- the ones with the "rf" at the end of each bank name?

Again, these noted above got saved by mistake under firmware 13, so if you are running firmware 12.14 they will show as "empty" but if you upgrade to firmware 13 they will appear fine. However updating to firmware 13 means many of the drive blocks will change a good bit from 12.14.

I will include the .pdf and the firmware 13 compatible Axe-Fx III Drive blocks in the forthcoming update for the bold among you.

When you delete a drive block or replace it, know that it breaks the Scenes it was assigned to prior. Many of my scene names do label which drive block channel to try for a scene, so that can help you if you want to reconstruct. But the new drives dialed in 12.14 are often MUCH louder in firmware 13, so don't be afraid to tweak them.

I am still going to fix these and re-save as firmware 12.14 in the next 24 hours (already started) and will post here when done.

From the August 16th dated zip download file for AX3 file -- Question:

Other than Bank 1 single preset "OD2 Green JVM10H" and presets in Bank 2 (all of it), are there any other presets coming up blank for you guys from the very last (Aug, 16) download version -- the ones with the "rf" at the end of each bank name?

Again, these noted above got saved by mistake under firmware 13, so if you are running firmware 12.14 they will show as "empty" but if you upgrade to firmware 13 they will appear fine. However updating to firmware 13 means many of the drive blocks will change a good bit from 12.14.

I will include the .pdf and the firmware 13 compatible Axe-Fx III Drive blocks in the forthcoming update for the bold among you.

When you delete a drive block or replace it, know that it breaks the Scenes it was assigned to prior. Many of my scene names do label which drive block channel to try for a scene, so that can help you if you want to reconstruct. But the new drives dialed in 12.14 are often MUCH louder in firmware 13, so don't be afraid to tweak them.

I am still going to fix these and re-save as firmware 12.14 in the next 24 hours (already started) and will post here when done.

Those were the only one I saw, OD2 Green JVM10H and bank 2. The rest came in okay.

Well, fellow enablers. You talked me into it.
If you'll excuse me, I'll be busy for a while.
For however busy you think you will be triple that. The presets are so good it will take you an hour each before you can talk yourself into moving to the next one

For however busy you think you will be triple that. The presets are so good it will take you an hour each before you can talk yourself into moving to the next one
I've had live gold for 3 nights now and I am trying them each one by one and making notes for what songs would be good for each one. I'm just now and bank a preset 36

so far I haven’t came across a bad one yet. It’ll take me a while getting used to the toe down wha. I may have to change my current presets and become a toe down guy.
Itll also take a while to get used to the new FC12 layout. I’ve been using the layout from the naked amps presets and it’s a bit different.

Austin, you’re really going above and beyond trying to sort this for everyone, it’s much appreciated.

I’m still using the original preset downloads and am on firmware 12.14. Am I right in thinking that if I upgrade to FW 13.02 and download the latest presets when Austin is done, the only possible issue is some of the drives will be louder/hotter?
In this case, is the best thing to do just drop the output level for the drive block?

Sorry if it’s obvious, probably me just not getting it. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone!

It's Sunday August 23rd at 2:45 Austin Texas time. I've just uploaded the 8-23-2020 update to your download accounts on mywesbite for the Axe-Fx III banks. The FM3 banks are unchanged.

Don't worry if the actual old download zip file NAME you download looks the same as the prior one (it may want to overwrite it on your computer, that's okay/let it) -- it's not the older file but it has that name. When you unzip it, you will see some new folders inside and the bank dates will be today.

If you are running firmware 12.14, the latest update banks will work fine under firmware 12.14-- no more "empty" presets. Use these and replace your prior ones.

If you are running firmware 13.x, these presets will also work fine EXCEPT many of the drive blocks will be different.
The fuzzes are unchanged. The drives in firmware 13.x will usually sound hotter/louder than I originally dialed them in, due to the firmware change.

So....In this update I've included three drive block replacements that will only appear if you are running firmware 13.x -- else you cannot see them under 12.x even if loaded. And just like Dream Rigs block users know, you have do have to load them inside your existing Axe-III Edit Blocks folder, instructions on how to do that are included.

Read the new release notes carefully. If you update to firmware 13.x and swap out drives for my new ones, understand that the SCENES that were assigned to Drive2 channels A, B, C or D get deleted in each preset once you replace the drive block. So, you may want to just adjust drive blocks yourself as you go rather than replace them.

Remember, on the III there is lots of CPU power left, so alternatively, you can just make a new Drive Block 1 like you like/prefer, and leave the LIVEGOLD Drive2 block in place (defaulting to off 95% of the same anyway) as well. Lots of options.

I also updated the Axe-Fx III's FC-12 All Layouts foot controller, which had some errors that were causing per-presets overrides for Scenes. It's a better version. Please customize it as you see fit for your own needs, or just use your own -- but you need to set up a page to access Amp Controller layouts if you don't use this one.

One day I'll reconcile the FC-12 layout to work perfectly with both the Naked Amps and LIVE GOLD, but that's for another time.

In the next 24 hours or so, I will send an email out to everyone who bought the Axe-Fx III LIVEGOLD TonePack in the last few weeks so they know the download update is available. But today (finally!) with LIVEGOLD complete, my buddy Scott Nelson the bass player is coming over and we are starting to rock on the 200+ Bass Tonepack for FM3 and Axe-Fx III, which I hope to have done by midSeptember if not sooner. Gonna be fun!

Thanks for your patience. So glad everyone is digging the TonePack!

Enjoy the August 23-2020 LIVEGOLD TonePack update!

Hi Everyone:

If you only use the FM3 for your Live Gold, then you can ignore this update, but I did just put up an update for the Axe-Fx III users dated 8-23-2020. Everything in it is the same for FM3 users, but I had to fix some things in the Axe-Fx III version.

I put a thread about it here, if you want to know more.

EDIT: Actually, there is one change in this update for FM3 users, but it is minor.

I changed the negative feedback values in the amp block for two Deluxe Reverb presets (in Bank 2). I did this for all four amp channels.

You do this by going into the Poweramp page in the amp block and lowering the amp's negative feedback value from 3.24 to 2.0 for each amp channel, for both presets.

Cliff has said this is a change he made to the default Deluxe Reverb amp model, the prior 3.24 value he had was not correct.

It's also made in the Axe-Fx III version.

An updated download FM3 Bank 2 in your account now in the downloads area has these changes, but it is an easy fix to make yourself in your current FM3 bank 2 if you have it loaded up now, and frankly the amp presets sounds great either way. Your call whether worth it to re-download all of Bank 2 just for a fix to those two presets.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
@jasonmi3 caught in the latest that it had the older Deluxe Reverbs in Bank 2 without the updated negative feedback values and missing Out3 and Out4 and labeled as FM3. My bad. Will be fixed in next 30 minutes. Have not emailed anyone yet.

Any other "catches" before I do this?

The new FC-12 layout is included, and I'm open to feedback, It's still a work in progress but should let you access the Kicker Coil and the Cs32 amp boost and move between presets, scenes, efx and amp page and looper easily. I left PERFORM in page 8 mostly blank for you to make your own (or write over my PERFORM in page 8).

IfI have time I'll do a video on the FC-12 layout...but not for a few weeks, that also lest me hear from ya'll about what isn't working for you with it or problems. Just look on the Axe-III editor under FC Controllers button (goes yellow) then Layouts (left side) for each Layout Page 1 to 9, at all the pages and you'll get a good sense of them.

Whenever you see a "slash" "/" mark and lower case, that means the HOLD function is indicated after the slash mark.

Examples:

EXF1/Mstr means TAP will take you to Effects main page, and HOLD will take you to the Master Layout.

Tap BPM/Tnr is Tap delay for TAP, but HOLD on this switch will bring up the tuner.

So here are some Layout pages...

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.20.28 PM.png

I made it so for ANY Scene, just HOLD that Scene and the CS2 Amp Boost will come on - easy!

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.23.33 PM.png

Presets all have the 5.1db Single Coil "Kicker Coil" boost built in with a HOLD, so if you play a Strat or Tele, that's a fast way to turn that on in the preset. It doesn't stick if you changed scenes in Scenes 1-4 though, but it's on usually in Scenes 5-8.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.24.00 PM.png

There are two effects pages. The first one covers most of what you'll need for the LiveGold presets. You can also add your own Drive1 and it's there. If you HOLD an effects switch, it will cycle between channels A B C D so you can try out different effects. The LED screen will tell you what block channel you are going to while you HOLD and cycle.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.26.04 PM.png

There's a second EFX page and you can customize it (or any). This shows lesser used effects. It also lets you raise the noise gate up if an amp is buzzing too loudly to the next noise gate channel.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.28.09 PM.png

The Looper page is unchanged. The Amp Controller page lets you access the Controller Switches CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5, and CS6. You can also raise or lower Amp1's LEVEL by +/- 1db here too, which is convenient.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.31.24 PM.png

I used the default colors for switches from the FC-12 manual throughout, you can change them such as for effects.

Here is the PERFORM 1 page. One possible change you make is having all the other pages go to this PERFORM1 (Layout 7) page rather than the Master 9 layout page -- Ill let you figure out what works best for you!

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.33.30 PM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom