Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
For my personal needs, the Naked amps are too "naked" and "dry", as the name says. They are useful because you find perfect AMP/CAB matchings, but you have to spend some time adding effects and personalizing to your needs. The Live Gold pack is ready to rock. I haven't made much use of the Naked Amps, but I cannot stop playing with the Live Gold. The Naked Amps may be a good solution for professional recording studios, to substitute the tedious amp miking process.

Ohh, Sir! Thank you soo much for your advice! ;)

Hello, guys! :)

I'm in doubt between Naked Amps and Live Gold! Suggestions? I would be very grateful.
I have AXE FX III and FC-12! :)
I have a different impression than Piing....I don't find the Naked Amps collection to be more dry. Honestly, I'd actually say the opposite. Live Gold effects are more generic, while some of the Naked Amps effects are a bit more adventurous. I get the feeling that AustinBuddy prefers subtle effects on the whole. If I want something over the top, I'll grab those blocks from a factory preset.

Naked Amps and Live Gold differ vastly in organization. Naked Amps crams a ton of variety into the presets, with nearly every scene being a unique sound. It also uses the AxeFX III's ability to mix four cab IRs pretty extensively which makes it a challenge to translate many of the sounds to the FM3.

Live Gold is organized for creating live presets. Each preset has four gain levels appropriate to the model organized from lowest to highest in scenes 1-4. Scenes 5-8 are 1-4 with a filter block boost. I find it more useful to assign that filter block to a switch and use scenes 5-8 differently. It's very easy to mix and match tones into your own combinations because everything is so consistent. This extends to the effects, which are very 'bread and butter', and predictably placed in the chain.

Both are excellent products. I'm really looking forward to Live Gold being completed, since some of my go-to amps will be in bank 3. I keep giving AustinBuddy more of my cash, and it's usually been worth it. Live Gold is, in my opinion, his best work yet.

I'm going to chime in here, although I'm an Axe III user and even though I've applied the recommended tweaks I'm assuming there may be some changes when the specific version for it gets released. I've got the Naked Amps and the Brit Rock Royalty sets, and while I have had to tweak them for my personal guitars they were extremely helpful in getting certain sounds quicker, and more importantly, were instructive in how to approach modifying existing presets to suit.

But the Live Gold patches were cool in a very specific way that I hadn't anticipated. The situation where you're just powering up and blasting for your own amusement. I started working through some of my preferred amps, and have been stuck on the Silver Jubilee for a couple of days now. There's a certain immediacy to the sounds that makes you want to just sit there and noodle to your hearts consent, working through your catalog of go-to guitarisms. That's probably kind of dangerous to personal productivity in a way, but I assume I'll get past that and actually get around to doing something with them pretty soon. As soon as I work through all those ZZ Top/Aerosmith/Bowie snippets I'm hearing in my head.

If I had to describe it, the difference between Naked Amps and Live Gold is when your pedalboard has issues and you just play the gig straight into a turned up amp with a dry, pure sound. There's something kind of cathartic in that. It's almost like, "I'm back in 1970 again."

The only thing I wish was there were some additional notes on some of the specific tweaks that were made to the amps and effects in these preset packs. Yes, I know, I can go through the defaults and do value by value comparisons on what changed. And actually, I guess I could dump the presets and see how easy it would be to parse the before/values and spit out the diffs. But part of the utility of these is the time saving component, and being able to get a head start on what to tweak for personal taste seems like it would be helpful. And just to note, I know that's expensive from a time perspective, so if it was offered as an additional option I'd be fine with that.

There’s major changes to some drive blocks so I’m guessing there might be tweaks needed for some drive types. Luckily drives are easy to tweak when you have such great base sounds. I usually swap out what’s there anyway as I really like the TS9 and KoT

Hello! :)

I'm trying to register at https://austinbuddy.com/, but the recaptcha doesn't show the option for me to select and it gives an error! However, it says that my email was already registered when trying again.

When trying to login this happened...

Register.jpg

Hello! :)

I'm trying to register at https://austinbuddy.com/, but the recaptcha doesn't show the option for me to select and it gives an error! However, it says that my email was already registered when trying again.

When trying to login this happened...

View attachment 71078
Hi @nambutio - glad you got in. Yes, the security protocols/system on my website will sometimes lock people out for a duration of time if it thinks it is a bot trying to register/login (multiple failed log-in attempts). Sorry for your inconvenience, but usually just waiting a day a works as it resets.

There’s major changes to some drive blocks so I’m guessing there might be tweaks needed for some drive types. Luckily drives are easy to tweak when you have such great base sounds. I usually swap out what’s there anyway as I really like the TS9 and KoT

I hope to check it out this weekend and see what's what what. These Axe-Fx III drive block changes will probably come to the FM3 in a future firmware update... when they do it, may require some drive block tweaks or swaps...

I have a different impression than Piing....I don't find the Naked Amps collection to be more dry. Honestly, I'd actually say the opposite. Live Gold effects are more generic, while some of the Naked Amps effects are a bit more adventurous. I get the feeling that AustinBuddy prefers subtle effects on the whole. If I want something over the top, I'll grab those blocks from a factory preset.

Naked Amps and Live Gold differ vastly in organization. Naked Amps crams a ton of variety into the presets, with nearly every scene being a unique sound. It also uses the AxeFX III's ability to mix four cab IRs pretty extensively which makes it a challenge to translate many of the sounds to the FM3.

Live Gold is organized for creating live presets. Each preset has four gain levels appropriate to the model organized from lowest to highest in scenes 1-4. Scenes 5-8 are 1-4 with a filter block boost. I find it more useful to assign that filter block to a switch and use scenes 5-8 differently. It's very easy to mix and match tones into your own combinations because everything is so consistent. This extends to the effects, which are very 'bread and butter', and predictably placed in the chain.

Both are excellent products. I'm really looking forward to Live Gold being completed, since some of my go-to amps will be in bank 3. I keep giving AustinBuddy more of my cash, and it's usually been worth it. Live Gold is, in my opinion, his best work yet.

Thanks for the kind words and I think this is well said. I also think this is my best work to date.

As @ElectricPhase knows, I'm trying to give you guys great organic BASE amp tones for you to build your own sounds and effects with. I don't go crazy with effects in these because I'm thinking of live gig applications mainly and too much wet (delay, reverb) and your sound washes out on stage.

OKAY...Bank 3 is DONE for FM3 -modern/metal amps.

Existing FM3 Live Gold Tonepack customers...see if you can login to your accounts and check the downloads folder? Let us know here.

If things are working properly, then you SHOULD see an "August 2020 Updated" LiveGold Tonepack download now available to to you in your account (if not, well, it's going to be a long weekend with my web people... hahaha0).

Further, I've included the FractalBot compatible Axe-Fx III banks in this update as well. Today I started doing A/B tests at random comparing presets and the differences really are negligible and due to firmware, so that this point, putting them out there.

They sound GREAT on the Axe-Fx III! To help keep things clear for people who own both units, those AX3 presets all have an added Output3 and 4... plus each Axe-Fx III version preset ends with an "AX3" (not FM3).

Read the NEW update notes, and manual has been revised.

Be aware, there are two existing FM3-related firmware bugs that affect some scenes/sounds in Bank 3. The notes explain it all (I'm f'ing tired of typing detailed stuff right now!).

In the first bug, basically the vintage rectos can have audio dropouts (like was reported on Axe-fx III for Naked Amps under firmware 12.10-12.11, but was fixed in firmware after that...).

The other bug is that the Pitch Detune block's MIX is re-setting itself to 50% when it should be 25% to 33%, preset/scene depending. This is reported and I've been told by Fractal that will be fixed in next FM3 firmware after 1.5.

Last, I worked with M@ this week and we have made the included foot controller LAYOUTS better and corrected a few things to make it easier to move around. So, included for three purposes are:

1. An FM3-Only master layout;

2. A FM3+FC6 "OMG9"-compatible master layout (which will supposedly also work with an FC-12 too, although I haven't tried that!),

3. and a Axe-Fx III FC-12 master layout.

Okay guys - I HOPE you can see the new update/download and play with Bank 3 this weekend. Let me know what you think!

Once we make sure everything is working properly on the website in terms of download access, I'll send an email out to everyone about the updates and some other stuff.

Enjoy!

-AustinBuddy

Existing FM3 Live Gold Tonepack customers...see if you can login to your accounts and check the downloads folder? Let us know here.

If things are working properly, then you SHOULD see an "August 2020 Updated" LiveGold Tonepack download now available to to you in your account (if not, well, it's going to be a long weekend with my web people... hahaha0).

Well, I got all excited....but as of 8:56pm CST, the only download available is 'FM3_LiveGoldTonePack_Banks1+2_fw1'.

Maybe I got there a bit too soon?

This is helpful feedback. Apparently new customers are seeing it but not old ones. This is a Woocommerce-related thing. Hang tight over weekend as I consult with the webguys.

The new update zip file definitely has been added to the downloads list, and new customers see it just fine, so strange you guys who bought in July or recently can’t see it at all.

Maybe take another look in the morning and see if it shows up then, just in case this some weird a slow server sync issue to database...

Last edited:
This is helpful feedback. Apparently new customers are seeing it but not old ones. This is a Woocommerce-related thing. Hang tight over weekend as I consult with the webguys. It definately has been added to the downloads list so strange you can’t see it at all. Let’s take another look in the morning?

Hello, Sir!
I bought it this afternoon and haven't seen the update yet.

Hello, Sir!
I bought it this afternoon and haven't seen the update yet.
I think you bought it two hours before I added the file.

Guys, I'll keep you all posted - please be patient. Need to my tech team to tackle this (hopefully this weekend). We converted to a new website in March and this is a new problem.

We'll get it fixed, and I'll keep you posted here.

I think you bought ti tow hours before I added the file.

Guys, I'll keep you posted - please be patient. I need to my tech team to tackle this hopefully this weekend. We converted to a new website in March and this is a new problem. We'll get it fixed, and I'll keep you posted here.

My sincere apologies! :)
No problem! What I got is very good and will keep me busy. :);)

The other bug is that the Pitch Detune block's MIX is re-setting itself to 50% when it should be 25% to 33%, preset/scene depending. This is reported and I've been told by Fractal that will be fixed in next FM3 firmware after 1.5.
Here's a temporary fix :

F'ing WooCommerce... They changed this under a new version.

"Do old orders get access to new downloads after a product is edited?'

"No, this feature was removed in WooCommerce 3.0"

My web team will be looking at options/plug-ins to fix this. (If of any of you know this stuff well and potential fixes, PM me).

This all worked fine in the past, as recently as the February Naked Amps 12.x update that everyone was able to access fine.

So sorry guys. Be patient. I'm pretty confident in next several days we'll find and implement a solution , and will post it here when ready to test.

Thanks -- you guys are the best! Honestly, I worked my ass off this month to get this bank 3 update by early August (as originally promised), so I assure you no one is more disappointed than myself at this unexpected twist. But we shall overcome!

Back
Top Bottom