• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Vendor AustinBuddy's 1000+ "LIVE GOLD" TonePack for FM3 for Firmware 3.x is now available!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
So, as Van Halen once said, "Fair warning"... :cool:

Two amp types -- Triple Crest and the Hook may crackle or pop a little - so here's the why.

The FM3 fw 3.06 LiveGold TonePack release notes (READ THEM!!!) say that, just for the FM3 (not an issue on the Axe-Fx III), two identified amp models and their associated presets may have some crackling in them - the Triple Crest 2&3 and the Hook Captain's associated presets.

It's not the amp models per se - they are fine -- it's apparently being caused by the TonePack's CS2 to CS6 modifiers attached on those models that load down the amp block chip's CPU.

This crackling for those models didn't happen under firmware 1.06, but presumably that's because firmware 1.06 didn't have the cool amp block code improvements we now have under firmware 3.01 (taken from firmware 15.x for the Axe-Fx III and brought to us in 3.x).

So for now, be aware, if you hear audible crackling or pops, just manually detach/disconnect some or all CS modifiers in that preset -- and see if that makes it better - that should solve the issue.

You can use Scenes to turn on a boost or Fat, etc. and save it that way.

Maybe there will be a fix in the future, just as there was for the Axe-Fx III, we'll see.

Just wanted you guys to know! If you find this happening with other LiveGold presets/amps, please let us know here.

Rublalup

Inspired
Hi, this question is to @austinbuddy but also anyone with the preset pack.

I love the tones and many of them are very useful for my needs. However I had great expectations on the “Slash” specific preset and the sound is just unusable for me. It’s super weird... specially the rhythm scenes has this like a cocked wha with latency sound that is just imposible to play for me (3.01 version so no wha on there).

Just to clarify, many of the Marshall, Friedman and many others cover that kind of tone and are very good. I just want to know, for knowledge and as curiosity only, why this preset sound like that. The #34 amp don’t work For me either but at least it sounds “normal”.

Thanks a lot

Mr.Modeler

Inspired

I love the tones and many of them are very useful for my needs. However I had great expectations on the “Slash” specific preset and the sound is just unusable for me. It’s super weird... specially the rhythm scenes has this like a cocked wha with latency sound that is just imposible to play for me (3.01 version so no wha on there).

Just to clarify, many of the Marshall, Friedman and many others cover that kind of tone and are very good. I just want to know, for knowledge and as curiosity only, why this preset sound like that. The #34 amp don’t work For me either but at least it sounds “normal”.

Thanks a lot
The Wah defaults to being on. He addresses this in the readme included with the pack. Check that out. Maybe that's the issue?

Rublalup

Inspired
The Wah defaults to being on. He addresses this in the readme included with the pack. Check that out. Maybe that's the issue?

3.01 version so no wha on there

How does that preset sound to you? I'm not sure if is just that my monitor, guitar. pickups just sound awful with it.

The preset I'm refering to is 035 Slash AFD100 1&2 Chnl

Last edited:

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor

Thanks a lot

I am not a fan of that amp model. The model itself as designed sounds harsh to me. If you get isolated guitar tracks of GNR you may hear that raspy snarly thing. In a mix it works blended with everything else. But probably my least favorite Marshall amp model in the unit. Use other Marshall amps to get you there. Am not as big a fan of the JCM 800s either. You have to crank them up high to get them to darken up else they are trebly and raspy and nasally or screechy in ways I personally don’t care for. This is a great example of the old “use your ears, not your eyes” when selecting tones IMHO.

iaresee

Thanks a lot
Weird. Because...

clags

Hey guys, is there a way using FM3 edit to import multiple presets from these austin buddy files or do I hvae to do them 1 by 1?

TravisG406

Experienced
Hey guys, is there a way using FM3 edit to import multiple presets from these austin buddy files or do I hvae to do them 1 by 1?
You can use Fractal Bot to import entire banks, or you can select multiple at once from the list and drag them where you want them.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Watch the LiveGold tutorial videos on my YouTube channel.
They cover installing the banks using FractalBot

clags

Watch the LiveGold tutorial videos on my YouTube channel.
They cover installing the banks using FractalBot
Will do!

Anyone have their top 10/20 from this 1000 live gold pack? I've been loving the Mark Holcomb ones but I basically picked those first since I am a big Periphery fan. I feel a bit overwhelmed by the selection and figuring out where to start. To give an idea of my tones I'm into -- Periphery as I said, also into Metallica, Pantera, Van Halen, metal in general.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Will do!

Anyone have their top 10/20 from this 1000 live gold pack? I've been loving the Mark Holcomb ones but I basically picked those first since I am a big Periphery fan. I feel a bit overwhelmed by the selection and figuring out where to start. To give an idea of my tones I'm into -- Periphery as I said, also into Metallica, Pantera, Van Halen, metal in general.

Load/go to Bank 3 first if metal/modern is your thing. Start there for the heavier tones. Then Bank 1 (Marshall styles)

Luth2000

Wow - in my hotel in Miami and just downloaded this update. Un freaking believable how well you nailed these tones! Not just a few - almost everyone I demoed this morning. Amazing work, and must have for anyone with a fractal. Could be a rough ride this week for other hotel guests! Lol - just kidding, I’m nice. I was worried that this update was only going to sound good live, but it’s amazing through my hotel rig. Thank you thank you buddy!

Julian H

Hi Austin! thanks for the great work behind the tone pack, i love it! just have a question! could be possible when using the FC6 controller with your OMG9 flavor to go out the tuner to the scene mode, without going to the preset mode and them scene mode again or any other mode before press the tuner?

Top Bottom