• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Vendor AustinBuddy's 1000+ "LIVE GOLD" TonePack for FM3 for Firmware 3.x is now available!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Was going through some Friedman amps last night and discovered the most recent Small Box and Dirty Shirleys did not have the correct dialed-in boost and saturation values. They shows as default values (+12db boost and 4.0 saturation).

Will fix that for forthcoming update. Have the new amp models in there too.

We just need to wait until firmware 2.0 is released officially (not beta) and once that's done, I'll get an updated firmware 2.0 version into your accounts. (Current version firmware 1.6 TonePack works fine of course on new 2.0 beta firmware).

jaza69

I purchased your pack. "Please view the contents of the README folder in the zip file download, and examine all documents there with instructions on how to install your TonePack"

Can't find the said folder. There are 3 pdfs with updates but no instructions.

1.README!!! August 24, 2020 FM3 firmware 1.05 and Axe-Fx III firmware 12.14 Update & Release Notes
2.Using AustinBuddy LAYOUTS for the FM3, FM3+FC6, and FC-12 — August 7th, 2020
3. List of presets.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I purchased your pack. "Please view the contents of the README folder in the zip file download, and examine all documents there with instructions on how to install your TonePack"

Can't find the said folder. There are 3 pdfs with updates but no instructions.

1.README!!! August 24, 2020 FM3 firmware 1.05 and Axe-Fx III firmware 12.14 Update & Release Notes
2.Using AustinBuddy LAYOUTS for the FM3, FM3+FC6, and FC-12 — August 7th, 2020
3. List of presets.

Those are the correct docs. In a late August update, I probably got rid of the README folder and just put them in the zip at a directory level above the AX3 and FM3 specifics.

When I update to firmware 14 and FM3 2 once final in a few weeks/months, I'll fix it.

There is a YouTube video on installing and using the LiveGold presets here if that helps.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Okay I have loaded up firmware 2.0 and will start spot checking the LiveGold stuff under it. If anyone comes across an issue (remember to update to the latest FM3-Edit else you will get funky messages about CPU etc.) let me know what preset(s) caused an issue.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'm on firmware 2.0 and I noticed sound drop outs with the Hook 2B, 3A, and 3B presets. Hope 2.x is coming soon.

it is a known bug and am told the just put up (yesterday) 2.0 firmware version fixes it. (EDIT: Wrong about this, not out yet?)

Back up everything as always before you install any new firmware then try it out.

Last edited:

Rublalup

Inspired
it is a known bug and am told the just put up (yesterday) 2.0 firmware version fixes it.

Back up everything as always before you install any new firmware then try it out.

I’m having drops too and not related to amp type. They’re related to the amp modifiers. Hoping 2.1 is or there soon

Falcon75

it is a known bug and am told the just put up (yesterday) 2.0 firmware version fixes it.

Thanks, but I did not see a new firmware release yet.
Doesn't matter, I'm not in a real hurry (as long as I avoid the Hooks :) )

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Thanks, but I did not see a new firmware release yet.
Doesn't matter, I'm not in a real hurry (as long as I avoid the Hooks :) )

Apologies. I know they are working on it for the few reported issues (including modifiers attached to amp block), but mistakenly thought they had put it out yesterday?

Probably next firmware Friday this coming week (maybe)...?

BTW, Cliff posted he had fixed the tone stack preset issue with the Hook (told me to stop testing, it had been fixed for next release).

Ya'll be patient, roll back to 1.06 if you need to, 2.x1+ when it comes should fix the reported issues.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I did a down and dirty video on fixing LiveGold Tonepack presets for people using spring loaded wahs (or no pedals at all), and other wah-block matters.

There is a preset now on Axe-Change that will have two Wah blocks, one is a toe-down = OFF and a heel -up (spring loaded) = OFF. Save the blocks to your library and you can use them in any preset.

In the coming-soon update for firmware 2.x, all the Wah blocks will be removed and you'll have to add your own, tailored to your system from now on. For those of you new to this, the 12 minute video walks through what you need to know. There will also be a preset added in the update that just has both wah blocks in it so you can save to your blocks library and load where you see fit.

My schedule is a little delayed due to family matters plus having to check the latest 2.x firmware, but I promise all this should get done and released by Dec. 31, if not well before.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Austin, we wait to upgrade to 3.0?

You can use the firmware 3.0 with the 1.06 with Live Gold presets okay in most preset cases.... but I'll also get an upgrade together in next few weeks that will include the new amp models.

I've already done much of the update work under 2.0 firmware, then 3.0 dropped -- and so I want to test some more, and the holidays are hitting... next week I'll be on it hard and heavy.

Last edited:

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
All you guys new to this, and not having an FC12 or FC6 controller will find this below info useful I want to (and will) do a video on how this works/how to do this soon, but I'm getting hammered with firmware updates and those take priority.

First, the problem: you guys are seeing the amp block shot shows controllers are attached to the amp (those yellow dots under Input Boost for CS2 for example) BUT you can't move them there, because they are supposed to be controlled by a foot switch.

CS2 - Input Boost
CS6 - Cut
CS3 -FAT
CS4- Brite (or reverses if bright is off for amp as default)
CS5- Saturation

AmpBlock with Modifier Attached.png

Also, if you right click over any of these with the yellow dot, you see something like this - this is how I attach CS2 modifier to Input Boost for example. (An alternate fix: You can always "detach" the Source 1 to = None, and then you will be able to toggle it in every scene the way you like:

CS2 Modifier.png

The Better Solution:

Go to CONTROLLERS (left top button). Then go to CS per Scene.

Here is where you can toggle/ turn any controller assigned CS 2 to CS6 ON or OFF instead, and do it be scene, all on one screen! Here is a screen shot. if you make a change here and SAVE the preset, it should remember it.

Now - after you make a change in the below (say, turned CS2 on in Scene 3, you may have to change to another Scene (besides Scene 3) then back to Scene 3 for the amp block in Axe-Edit to "see" the change you made and visibly show up in the amp block. If you hit "Save preset" it will save this change you made.

So you can turn on CS2 or other CS switches where you like by scene.

CS per Scene.png

I will do a video on all this, but this should help for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom