• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Vendor AustinBuddy's 1000+ "LIVE GOLD" TonePack for FM3 for Firmware 3.x is now available!

boz52

Inspired
Hey Buddy, will the new FW 1.06 Beta 3 affect the sound of your Live Pack? I'm still on 1.05. I haven't tried any of the 1.06 betas yet. I was thinking of trying out the new Beta 3.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
It shouldn't - in fact it will fix the Detune bug I mentioned in the notes and I think another one. 1.06 fixes do not affect amps or drives blocks.

honeypat

Inspired
Hi Buddy, as user of Live Gold pack, I wish a amp in the list..
Matchless Avalon 30 with 212 Matchless Extension cabint.

honeypat

Inspired
Again Buddy, in the FW1.11 of FC6, Live Gold OMG9 displays on FC6 the scenes
in lower numeric order (1,2, and 3) in the row of upstair while upper #4-#6 on downstair.
I have no idea how to swap these arrays,that is lower #'s to down stair while higers upstair.
Please kindly let me know how to swap those scenes. Thank you.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi Buddy, as user of Live Gold pack, I wish a amp in the list..
Matchless Avalon 30 with 212 Matchless Extension cabint.

That's not up to me. Cliff would have to model that amp/add it, and we'd need an extension cabinet (although I have a Matchless 2X12 in the Factory cabs and two different ones in my Fantastic 2x12 Cabs on Fractal Audio's website). So you need to put that request in the Fractal FM3 or Axe-Fx III Wish List threads if you want it.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Again Buddy, in the FW1.11 of FC6, Live Gold OMG9 displays on FC6 the scenes
in lower numeric order (1,2, and 3) in the row of upstair while upper #4-#6 on downstair.
I have no idea how to swap these arrays,that is lower #'s to down stair while higers upstair.
Please kindly let me know how to swap those scenes. Thank you.

??? Post a screen shot??? Mine OMG-9 is working fine, Scenes 1-2-3 on lower row, Scenes 4-5-6 upper row, holding SCENE/More button moves to Scenes 7-8.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Send us a screen shot, from FM3-Edit, of the FC Controller page for scenes (layout 2) for that preset. Use the Switches "Show As FC-6" option to show what the FC-6 SHOULD say. Does it look like this (mine is below)? or is it reversed?

Do you have any PER PRESET switches assigned that may be overriding in that preset??

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 7.21.16 PM.png?

honeypat

Inspired
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have any PER PRESET switches assigned that may be overriding in that preset ==> NO!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FM3-Edit.jpg

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Based on your picture...just swap the rows. drag and swap the switches on your scene page. In your photo the left lower button is assigned to Scene4, not Scene 1. Not sure how or why but the rows are switched. You can drag and swap any switch in the menu.

So - click on lower left switch in the editor. then "pull it" straight up, to the top row. It will switch with that switch (Scene 1). repeat. save preset. fixed/done.

Last edited:

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey Guys:

I found an error (by me) in the Diezel Herbie Channel 3 LIVEGOLD preset. I did not set the Saturation or Amp Boost values in all four channels.

This is very bad if you hit the CS5 switch - it will clip.

The fix is very easy:

In the Amp Block for the Herbie 3 preset, under the IDEAL tab, go to the right and where is says SATURATION DRIVE, change the value from 4.0 to 1.1. You need to do this for all four channels - ABCD. Make sure after you do it, before you save, that the amp channel matches the scene (1= Amp A, 2 = Amp B, 3 = Amp C, and 4 = Amp D).

Then, still on the AMP block page, on the Preamp tab, where it says BOOST LEVEL on right side, change the value from 12db (default to 8 db (or whatever sounds good to you). Do the same thing for all ABCD amp channels. Again, Make sure after you do it, before you save, that the amp channel matches the scene (1= Amp A, 2 = Amp B, 3 = Amp C, and 4 = Amp D).

Save and it's fixed. Whenever there is an update released later (probably; with new firmware) this will be fixed, but you can do it yourself now.
:cool:

Thanks guys! Rock on. I LOVE this Herbie 3 Amp channel - the "Sometimes Salvation" Scene 1 is based off the sound of the Black Crowes song of the same name.

codyraptor

Inspired
Wow....I've been a fractal user for years and I normally just create a preset from scratch with minimal adjustments. Rarely do I go to the advanced settings. I gravitate towards edge of breakup...natural amp sounds. Tom Petty vibe. I rarely ever use a drive pedal. Most of the time I set an amp to where it's responding pretty well and back off my volume to clean up. Pretty standard stuff. I bought @austinbuddy presets out of curiosity and I'm blown away by these amps. I'm getting way better response and tone than I have in the past. Unbelievable!! Worth every penny and I've only played a few of the fender presets. Whatever he's doing under the hood is working. Also...even though these are meant for 'live'...it's very easy to cut low end with very minimal eq to mix them for recording. I have a UAD setup and I run my guitars through a 1084 Neve. I literally set the lowcut to 70..add a touch of compression. DONE!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Wow....I've been a fractal user for years and I normally just create a preset from scratch with minimal adjustments. Rarely do I go to the advanced settings. I gravitate towards edge of breakup...natural amp sounds. Tom Petty vibe. I rarely ever use a drive pedal. Most of the time I set an amp to where it's responding pretty well and back off my volume to clean up. Pretty standard stuff. I bought @austinbuddy presets out of curiosity and I'm blown away by these amps. I'm getting way better response and tone than I have in the past. Unbelievable!! Worth every penny and I've only played a few of the fender presets. Whatever he's doing under the hood is working. Also...even though these are meant for 'live'...it's very easy to cut low end with very minimal eq to mix them for recording. I have a UAD setup and I run my guitars through a 1084 Neve. I literally set the lowcut to 70..add a touch of compression. DONE!

@codyraptor - that's the way I like my amps too, with minimal pedals - get it all with the volume control. Do check out the CS2 amp clean boost though - it really wakes up some amp types like Marshalls. If you don't have an FC12 or FC6 foot controller, you may need to change the CS2 setting to another external controller yep though. But it will be worth it!

Den

Same experience here ... and absolutely check out the quick adjustments you can make with the controller AB has set up. I jump to a view on my FM3 set up as "Amp Controls" and can easily access those controllers.

codyraptor

Inspired
@Den @austinbuddy absolutely. I currently have switch 1 to control CS1/CS2. CS1 turns on/off with tap...CS2 turns on/off with hold. Switch 2 is Scene +1 on tap...Scene -1 on hold. I use Scene controllers to turn up/down delays and verbs so I get a seamless transition for spillover. Basically acts like an expression pedal slowly turning down the mix/repeats etc... Switch 3 is tap tempo and tuner.

Overall..this gets me 2 boosts on Switch 1. I control the amp boost and a drive bypass mode with them. 2nd switch gets me different levels of ambiance. AND I have the ability to add the external switch for 2 more if needed...but so far this simple setup has been working. I might need to rethink it though now that I can play with the fat/cut switches..etc.. I'll probably just see what I like best though and save the amp with one of those 'always on' or 'always off'. Point is...we have options and Mr. Buddy has made a great foundation for us. All that said...I sure would love to have a FC6 and EV2. :)

Reactions: Den

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Finally... the new 200+ Bass Tonepack for FM3 and Axe-Fx III is DONE and up.

It's on sale on my website NOW throughout October for introductory $69 price, normal price $79.

It has 400+ great bass tones, all in one bank, about 50-50 basic bass amp presets to artist-style presets. I'll be shooting a tutorial video over the next few days/weekend and get that up, and start a thread on it.

If you play bass or need good bass sounds to record, this is the only tool you'll need. Really proud of this one, worked with Scott Nelson here last few months to get it done.

Lot's more to say...but will do in a new preset thread this weekend!

Cheers! Onward and upwards!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
If you guys are using the OMG9, there is one thing to change. I had set the upper bank limit at 51 (because of my Axe-Fx III and FC-12 with a bank size of 10, 51 is correct).

But on the FC-6 foot controller layout (or when using my global file), that needs to be changed. Because the bank size is 6, not 10 -- so the Bank upper limit needs ot be 85, not 51, to let you go through all the banks.

In Axe-Edit, just go to Foot Controllers then Layout 1, and change the value of 51 to 85 in both the Bank -1 and the Bank +1 HOLD switches.

Here are two screen shots showing where this is (dotted box)

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 6.09.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-31 at 6.09.37 PM.png

If you have an FM3 only, the default value the unit comes with should have this already. You cna check it, but if it says 51, you know what to do now!

Top Bottom