• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Vendor AustinBuddy's 1000+ "LIVE GOLD" TonePack for FM3 for Firmware 3.x is now available!

ToneDriven

Inspired
You need to learn how to use the Fm3-Edit Preset Manager. There are lots of videos (I've done a few on this), but this function lets you load presets into a left hand browser and Auto-Audition them, and then you can drag them into your FM3 memory wherever you want. Here is a snap shot of both screens open so you know what to look for. I loaded up bank 1 on the left suing that BROWSER drop down menu thereView attachment 71636View attachment 71637, and hit Auto Audition (you can scroll scenes too) and then if i Like "FAS BrownSound Plexi FM3" I just drag it into any slot on the right and click SAVE. Easy to do.
Yes! That’s a very cool feature! Amazing how much this little box can do👍 Thanks AB!

Just a though, does the Cooper Carter's amazing playthrough of 263 famous riffs on axe-fx3 that utilizes the 1000+ naked amps presets give you a realistic representation/coverage of the live gold package (as the amps/cabs are almost the same)? E.g. could you take presets with the same amp and use those straight or as a base for the riffs Cooper played? I just find the video very inspiring since it gives great reference points / examples regarding the preset/amp/cab and style/song matching.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Just a though, does the Cooper Carter's amazing playthrough of 263 famous riffs on axe-fx3 that utilizes the 1000+ naked amps presets give you a realistic representation/coverage of the live gold package (as the amps/cabs are almost the same)? E.g. could you take presets with the same amp and use those straight or as a base for the riffs Cooper played? I just find the video very inspiring since it gives great reference points / examples regarding the preset/amp/cab and style/song matching.
Let’s ask Cooper, he has both TonePacks.
Paging @ccroyalsenders ...

UsrName

You should try the SLP 1959 presets and add some concert hall reverb to it. With a good vintage style les Paul, you'll feel it - it's close.

The Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack covers every electric guitar part (and a few acoustic ones!) off the first four Led Zep albums - 150 different guitar parts/sounds. We also did them in two sections: one in stereo with correct panning as well as in mono for live use. We do include that early Page live rig from that 1969 Danish gig they played (YouTube this) in 1969 or so.

What's super cool for me is "Mr Jimmy" Sakuri of Japan -- who does a great Zep/Page show -- checked out my presets -- he knows his stuff - and he loved them, I got to see a video of him doing it! Google him sometime.

I worked with two other guys who are Zep-heads like me to make those presets (so fun!), and our schedules have to mesh to get this going again, they are busy with other projects for now and spent my summer on LiveGold and am now trying to get a good Fm3/Axe-fx III version of the 200+ Bass Tonepack done in then ext 4 weeks or so.

When we get around to doing the next 5+ Zep albums, we'll include page TSRTS live rig in it, promise. You need the Axe-Fx III to recreate the sometimes extensive signal chains used in the studio and to pack everything into one preset per song, I can't do it the same way on an FM3 or AX8 unfortunately -- it could sometimes take 2-4 presets per song, which isn't practical.

I'm kinda of surprised not more people have gotten this Tonepack to be honest... you'll learn a ton from them and how guitars get sculpted into a mix.

Cooper Carter checked them out here in this video -- plus the guys I worked with did two videos in that same playlist. BTW, the :make my electric into acoustic" preset he's planning in here is pretty much the same one in the LiveGold Tonepack.

Thanks for the tip AB! I just purchased the pack. I'll try it out with my '71 soon as it's back from the shop. ;)

...and I'll definitely get the BR pack as soon as it's available for the FM3!

Last edited:

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Let’s ask Cooper, he has both TonePacks.
Paging @ccroyalsenders ...

Definitely displays the coverage of the breadth of the LiveGold pack (which is huge, as with the Naked pack), but each pack in clearly designed for different uses. The Live Gold really is exactly what it says in the title. Not to say these presets wouldn't be equally at home in the studio with some tweaking. But yes, as far as showing what kind of ground the packs cover, and with what amps, the video can certainly speak to both.

ToneDriven

Inspired
British Rock Royalty for FM3👍 Sounds like a winner for sure... I heard there’s not enough CPU available, but I don’t care if I have to switch scenes AND presets during a song to get those insane Page tones... Zepp I - IV + Nobody’s Fault but Mine (LOVE that song) for FM3 would be so awesome🤘

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
British Rock Royalty for FM3👍 Sounds like a winner for sure... I heard there’s not enough CPU available, but I don’t care if I have to switch scenes AND presets during a song to get those insane Page tones... Zepp I - IV + Nobody’s Fault but Mine (LOVE that song) for FM3 would be so awesome🤘

It can't work in the FM3 like it does in the Axe-Fx III, as of now anyway...some of the sounds/presets use two compressors and we only have one compressor block, for example. It would be more cumbersome but after I work on some other projects that are overdue maybe I can make a pass at translating it. That would late fall though.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi Everyone:

If you only use the FM3 for your Live Gold, then you can ignore this update, but I did just put up an update for the Axe-Fx III users dated 8-23-2020. Everything in it is the same for FM3 users, but I had to fix some things in the Axe-Fx III version.

I put a thread about it here, if you want to know more.

EDIT: Actually, there is one change in this update for FM3 users, but it is minor.

I changed the negative feedback values in the amp block for two Deluxe Reverb presets (in Bank 2). I did this for all four amp channels.

You do this by going into the Poweramp page in the amp block and lowering the amp's negative feedback value from 3.24 to 2.0 for each amp channel, for both presets.

Cliff has said this is a change he made to the default Deluxe Reverb amp model, the prior 3.24 value he had was not correct.

It's also made in the Axe-Fx III version.

An updated download FM3 Bank 2 in your account now in the downloads area has these changes, but it is an easy fix to make yourself in your current FM3 bank 2 if you have it loaded up now, and frankly the amp presets sounds great either way. Your call whether worth it to re-download all of Bank 2 just for a fix to those two presets.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
So... I had embarrassingly misspelled Guthrie Govan's name in the Scene 4 Suhr Badger 30W "Lead" preset, adding an extra "e". :eek: Then he bought the TonePack, and ever the English gentlemen, he gently corrected me after I had reached out to him. He's really a prince of a human being. So that's another fix I had to make a second time when I fixed Bank 2 - for both versions! ;)

Also, if you just bought this TonePack this weekend/in the last 48 hours, just in FM3 version, inexplicably the wrong Bank 2 got updated, some draft 200+ Bass Tonepack stuff... Still not sure how that happened but discovered it tonight. Whoops.

That's been fixed. Everything FINALLY should be final - an 8/24/2020 version is in your accounts now. I'll be sending an email out tonight to all those who bought it, as some don't follow the forum.

Last edited:

boz52

Inspired
Just a quick shout out to Austin Buddy... I bought this pack a while ago and finally got to dig into it these past 2 days... Great work! It covers a lot of territory... Now back to playing before life interrupts again.....

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Just a quick shout out to Austin Buddy... I bought this pack a while ago and finally got to dig into it these past 2 days... Great work! It covers a lot of territory... Now back to playing before life interrupts again.....

Glad u r diggings the tones!

If you bought it awhile ago/earlier version (was this before bank 3 was added?), you might want to re-download it and re-send at least Bank 2...some of the Bank 2 stuff was funky in the first versions, with amp assignments for saturation CS5 and lo cut CS6 switched, but now corrected.

Enjoy!

boz52

Inspired
Glad u r diggings the tones!

If you bought it awhile ago/earlier version (was this before bank 3 was added?), you might want to re-download it and re-send at least Bank 2...some of the Bank 2 stuff was funky in the first versions, with amp assignments for saturation CS5 and lo cut CS6 switched, but now corrected.

Enjoy!
Will do thanks!

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Just a gentle reminder - the introductory $79 sale price for the 1000+ LIVEGOLD will end August 31st (in less than a week).

So if you have been thinking about getting it, be aware that in September, the sale ends and the product price will revert back the normal price for most AustinBuddy TonePacks of $99 (and yes, it's still a steal at that price too for what you get!).

It probably won't go on sale again until after Thanksgiving, per my usual holiday season sales period.

Cheers!

-AB

X-Mann

Experienced
Hey all.....

X-Mann here & I just finished reading this entire thread!!!!

I’ve been building my own song based presets on the FM3 with some good success, but after watching these videos & the Leon Todd “5-Minute Tones”, I realize that there’s a lot more I could do for better tones.

I like that these presets are made for the “Amp in the room” tone & feel.

I’ll be purchasing these when I get hone today & checking out all the little things. I hope to learn a lot now that I have a pretty good feel for the FM3.

More to follow......& Peace! X

X-Mann

Experienced
I bought Austin Buddy “Live Gold” FM3 presets & can’t believe the clarity & quality of these amp models!

I can’t get past the JMP-1 model......Lol

I’m using them with a pair of Friedman ASC-10’s & it’s like it was made for them. I will be re-building some of my song based presets around these stellar amp tones too.

Yea, Wow!!! All of these are working for me so far & I’m finding the Cab IR’s funny at times too. I only know (& Luv V30’s), but there are many great amp/cab combinations. The Satch amps very cool & a great gain structure to them. I’m going to make some preset copies & add some FX & do some tests.

I did notice that the Output (#1) on some of these amps is hitting right at O dB & at times going into the red a bit. I know not to mess with the amp output volumes as you’ve mentioned & to only go down In volume using the Per scene Volumes......

Do the lead Scenes have a set DB boost for live band use already?

I’m interested as to what you guys are doing with these killer presets as far as Scene based Song presets. How are you tweaking the volumes &how are they working in a band setting?

I know it really helps that these amp models we’re made at volume & through a Rock Solid FRFR system!!! A++ There’s a clarity & feel laying through my FRFR that sounds stellar. The only downside is that the presets I’ve created sound slightly week or not as amp like and clear to me now!

More on this later.......X

Last edited:

Den

Agreed! We benefit from AB's decade of experience with Fractal, a lifetime of experience with tone, live performance and a mountain of hours and hard work in putting these together. As I've told others, I love the way he sets up each amp, cab and the organization behind the scenes and block controllers.

IMHO, using this Live Gold pack with the FM3 brings it as close as possible to a plug-and-play experience. I haven't touched a cab block or wasted a minute fooling around with IR's. Just dial through the amps, audition the scenes and find more great tones than you can possible use. Of course I know others love the tweaking process and I respect that ... not my style.

BTW, I'm running my FM3 out to the return of an Egnater Tweaker 15 into an open-back 1x12 loaded with a Celestion Blue. I've had some very nice amps over the years, but never had better tones ... and awesome tones at reasonable volume as well. Although tweaked for live use through FRFR, I couldn't be happier with how they translate to my poweramp+cab. The greatest challenge I find is choosing a handful of presets to set up as my main rigs!

Not only are the presets fantastic, but AB's support is as good as it gets. Thanks again brother! Den

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I bought Austin Buddy “Live Gold” FM3 presets & can’t believe the clarity & quality of these amp models!

I can’t get past the JMP-1 model......Lol

I’m using them with a pair of Friedman ASC-10’s & it’s like it was made for them. I will be re-building some of my song based presets around these stellar amp tones too.

Yea, Wow!!! All of these are working for me so far & I’m finding the Cab IR’s funny at times too. I only know (& Luv V30’s), but there are many great amp/cab combinations. The Satch amps very cool & a great gain structure to them. I’m going to make some preset copies & add some FX & do some tests.

I did notice that the Output (#1) on some of these amps is hitting right at O dB & at times going into the red a bit. I know not to mess with the amp output volumes as you’ve mentioned & to only go down In volume using the Per scene Volumes......

Do the lead Scenes have a set DB boost for live band use already?

I’m interested as to what you guys are doing with these killer presets as far as Scene based Song presets. How are you tweaking the volumes &how are they working in a band setting?

I know it really helps that these amp models we’re made at volume & through a Rock Solid FRFR system!!! A++ There’s a clarity & feel laying through my FRFR that sounds stellar. The only downside is that the presets I’ve created sound slightly week or not as amp like and clear to me now!

More on this later.......X

There is a reason I put the JMP preamps first in the bank. The FM3/Axe-Fx III does exceptionally well when it models amp preamps.

Yes, sometimes the signal will tickle the red. The lead scenes do NOT have an additional db boost one board, but I level them differently, not by playing chords around the nut, but by playing lead notes around the 10th fret. So they should be a little hotter. You can always try the CS2 foot stench amp boost to push it out, or the scene mixer in the Out1 block.

X-Mann

Experienced
There is a reason I put the JMP preamps first in the bank. The FM3/Axe-Fx III does exceptionally well when it models amp preamps.

Yes, sometimes the signal will tickle the red. The lead scenes do NOT have an additional db boost one board, but I level them differently, not by playing chords around the nut, but by playing lead notes around the 10th fret. So they should be a little hotter. You can always try the CS2 foot stench amp boost to push it out, or the scene mixer in the Out1 block.
Great info & thank you for responding!

I’ve already learned a lot about the Fractal way......& love seeing (& hearing) what you’ve created tone wise in these amp/cab combinations!

The way you go about creating these tones really stands-out to me. My FRFR system works SO WELL with your amp models & that kind of shocks me actually.

I will audition more of these presets & amp models before making my own song based presets. I will try to post some clips of the different tones & how they translate to my guitars, pickups & Friedman ASC-10 powered monitors.

This was the best $100 I’ve spent in a long time too!

Thanks! Tim

Chris Naish

Great info & thank you for responding!

I’ve already learned a lot about the Fractal way......& love seeing (& hearing) what you’ve created tone wise in these amp/cab combinations!

The way you go about creating these tones really stands-out to me. My FRFR system works SO WELL with your amp models & that kind of shocks me actually.

I will audition more of these presets & amp models before making my own song based presets. I will try to post some clips of the different tones & how they translate to my guitars, pickups & Friedman ASC-10 powered monitors.

This was the best $100 I’ve spent in a long time too!

Thanks! Tim

I'm experiencing the same results going through my Friedman ASM-12. The tones in this pack really bring out the fact that my PRS SE Custom 24 is a cross between a Les Paul and a Strat. In particular, extra girth really comes through in the tones. Lately I can't break away from the Uberschall patch! Holy smokes it sounds great! Gets you into that Vivian Campbell/Last In Line area really quickly.

I honestly don't think I've ever been happier with my rig. And that includes formerly owning a Mesa Boogie Road King half-stack many years ago.

X-Mann

Experienced
Ok.....I just took a low volume tour of the “SPLAWN” Amps & really love them. They were never even on my radar till now.

The Nitrous was very cool.....but the “Hot Rod OD1 & 2” moved me.....As did the “JCM OD1 QRod” amp models. They sit in a space sonically that really pleases me......Now I just need the wife to go away so I can CRANK UP the volume!!

I think I’m finding out that always going to a V30 type cab IR was actually hurting my lead tones & making them thinner than I wanted. These Splawm amps seem to use the “4x12 FRACTAL GB M160” cab IR too. (This is not something I’d even try)

The cuts on the IR are very interesting as is the “Slope” used as well.

I had some “Go to” things I was doing on the deeper amp controls that are not really being done most times on the AB presets. I also noticed some things on Leon Todd’s presets per different amps that he was doing too.

I think that these presets are a great “Amps of the World” tour & can teach you about how these amps (that most of us have never owned or tried) actually sound.

I can’t wait to try some of these at band practice & see how they sound in a mix & room.

I am also going to slightly change my preset/scene layout as well on my new hybrid presets......

These AB presets have truly opened up my eyes to some major things amp/cab wise.....& about rig building in general.

More later......

X

PS - I know that maybe none of this is worth anything without some clips......& I will try to put something together. It’s the “Amp in the room” thing at volume that’s what I love about the AB Gold pack & amps.....

PRS - Turning On/Off the amp boost, Fat Switch, Sat/more buttons while playing is also very interesting as to what they do on each of the different amps....

Last edited:
Top Bottom