Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hey Austin,

THANK YOU for releasing Bank 2 and optimizing Bank 1 in terms of level and gain.
I am still so happy with my FM 3 and with purchasing your Goldpack as I get so much improvement from FAS and from you without paying anything extra for it.
This is so great and I really appreciate it :)

Does "reset all amp channels to ensure Cygnus compatibility" mean that you already did that?

Or is it a request for any user to do that? I think that you already did that but wanna be sure :)

I cannot wait to try Bank 2 this evening :cool:

Greatings from Germany and stay healthy :)
@austinbuddy@:

Do I have to reset all amp channels or have you done that already? I guess that every line from the release notes that starts with an arrow means that we as users have to do something and therefore I guess that you already reset all amp channels during updating the Goldpack banks.

@austinbuddy@:

Do I have to reset all amp channels or have you done that already? I guess that every line from the release notes that starts with an arrow means that we as users have to do something and therefore I guess that you already reset all amp channels during updating the Goldpack banks.
You do NOT have to reset all the amps in LiveGold for Cygnus - I did all that work for you.

Hi Austin! On the SLO-100 Rhythm patch you've got a Dumble cab with EV speakers. To my ears it sounds odd, and I was wondering whether it might be an error...?

edit: oops, it just slapped me in the face that Austin is where you hail from, not your given name....my bad. 🤣

Last edited:
Hi Austin! On the SLO-100 Rhythm patch you've got a Dumble cab with EV speakers. To my ears it sounds odd, and I was wondering whether it might be an error...?

edit: oops, it just slapped me in the face that Austin is where you hail from, not your given name....my bad. 🤣
I like it. Try a different cab if you like, but I personally liked the EV’s better than the Solodano Factory IRs as I auditioned stuff.

(BTW Andy Wood likes that Cab IR a lot as well…)

Always remember: “Use your ears and not your eyes.”

if you switch cabs around, remember you may also have to switch speaker impedance curves around too. That is essential for getting the bottom end correct.

I like it. Try a different cab if you like, but I personally liked the EV’s better than the Solodano Factory IRs as I auditioned stuff.

(BTW Andy Wood likes that Cab IR a lot as well…)

Always remember: “Use your ears and not your eyes.”

if you switch cabs around, remember you may also have to switch speaker impedance curves around too. That is essential for getting the bottom end correct.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've switched to the RW cab from the new factory patch. I did suspect it was preference since you're very careful in building these, but thought I'd make sure. 👍

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've switched to the RW cab from the new factory patch. I did suspect it was preference since you're very careful in building these, but thought I'd make sure. 👍
In updating to Cygnus, I did switch a few cabs around to different choices, <5%. SLO was not one of them though.

But everyone should feel free to try out 3rd party IRs too, like York Audio and others if the IRs match the specific amp - it's just an option for you tone-seekers. My main thing was to use the Factory Cabs o make it easy for everyone (plug and play) and I can get pretty much what I want out of those Factory IRs 85%+ of the time. But no question, great IRs can make things sound even better. Have fun!

So 16.03 firmware is out. It shouldn't make any changes to tones (except the Vox Class brite will be different, Cliff fixed it in 16.03, I'll get update for that preset out next round when Bank 3 is released in July).

But if you find any presets in LiveGold Banks 1 and 2 sounds abnormal (bad sound, too loud or soft) under new firmware 16.03 (or maybe 16.04 if that comes quick too, these days won't surprise me!), let us all know/share here. Thanks!

Also, loaded up two sample LiveGold TonePack presets to Axe-Change - SRV 1x15 Vibroverb (Bank 2) and Atomica Brown Sound (Bank 1). Those were both saved under 16.03. Will get a ENGL Powerball up later this weekend (from forthcoming Bank 3).

Also, loaded up two sample LiveGold TonePack presets to Axe-Change - SRV 1x15 Vibroverb (Bank 2) and Atomica Brown Sound (Bank 1). Those were both saved under 4.05 beta firmware. Noticed I had to drop some of the CS switches in the SRV one to keep CPU under 80%. Will get a ENGL Powerball up later this weekend (from forthcoming Bank 3).

As you guys try the new public (not beta!) release of Cygnus 4.x for FM3, if you find any presets in Bank 1 or Bank 2 where the CPU meter is showing/peaking over 79%, let us know here... probably disconnect some CS Saturation and Brite switches to help ease any amp load for next update.

Hey AustinBuddy I think I’m just confused. I haven’t used any of the 4.0 betas and my Fm3 is still on 3.01 with your LiveGold pack. If I update to new 4.00 firmware, which models have you updated already with the new firmware?

Hey AustinBuddy I think I’m just confused. I haven’t used any of the 4.0 betas and my Fm3 is still on 3.01 with your LiveGold pack. If I update to new 4.00 firmware, which models have you updated already with the new firmware?
First, firmware 3.0 sounds great on the January FM3 update.

if you update to 4.0, you can use the June 2021 Banks 1 and 2 - those are updated and ready to use. Bank 3 will be ready in July/a few weeks.

First, firmware 3.0 sounds great on the January FM3 update.

if you update to 4.0, you can use the June 2021 Banks 1 and 2 - those are updated and ready to use. Bank 3 will be ready in July/a few weeks.
The Bonner Ecstacy was in bank 3 right? I have been using that preset and really enjoying it now so will definitely back it up before I update. Could you help me clarify what my order of operations should be here?

1) Make backups of all current presets and factory presets
2) Download Firmware 4.00
3) Perform soft resets on all amp blocks which will reset the amp settings but not the amp dynamics?
4) Re-download your updated Cygnus Live Gold banks?

Sorry for the confusion mate and thanks for all the time and help

Thanks for this! Bank 2 sounding great. On Bank 1 Marshalls - have there been any changes since your C-update? I have a library that picks and chooses some of those, but do want to be current if you made any improvements.

Back
Top Bottom