AustinBuddy Naked Amps Tone Pack (still) Rules! ... New Website up...FM3...coming soon(ish)

Well worth the money just for the organization of the presets, but man do they sound good too. This is the way the axe should be shipped stock. Honestly the best money i've spent on this thing since I bought it five years ago.

Last edited:
I picked these up a few days ago. I haven't had time to read all the comments, but I'm pretty sure I know what they are saying. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about a dry set of presets, but it's been really easy to add my go to stuff like reverb and delay and it all really translates to just good solid tones. I will say that there is a definite "flavor" to these which is probably because they are created by someone who kind of knows what the hell he wants, but I have to say that there are a lot of amps that I just haven't bothered to check out that I really, really like right now because of these patches. It's pretty sad that I've been using this stuff for damn near 10 years now and still haven't tried out all the amps. ;)

Basically if you like solid, consistent, and just good tones that are natural and full without being over the top these are really, really good. I just backed up the AxeFXII and loaded all of them and haven't gotten through 20 of them yet.

FTW....

I planned on coming home and purchasing this pack this evening, after reading this thread all the way through on my phone instead of doing work lol, and I checked out the website too, with the pack listed as $49 through the end of the month, and here we are, July 31st, 9pm in the Eastern time zone, and what do you know, its at $59 already...

Bummer... really couldn't wait to check these out, and I know its just $10, and its no doubt still a great value, but still very frustrating you know what I mean......look forward to it all day, thought I lucked out just making the sale price, and then no, cruel reality of life beats me back down lol

Guess I maybe didn't really need to buy them after all.....

Last edited:
FTW....

I planned on coming home and purchasing this pack this evening, after reading this thread all the way through on my phone instead of doing work lol, and I checked out the website too, with the pack listed as $49 through the end of the month, and here we are, July 31st, 9pm in the Eastern time zone, and what do you know, its at $59 already...

Bummer... really couldn't wait to check these out, and I know its just $10, and its no doubt still a great value, but still very frustrating you know what I mean......look forward to it all day, thought I lucked out just making the sale price, and then no, cruel reality of life beats me back down lol

Guess I maybe didn't really need to buy them after all.....
Damn... Well, I've ordered them now. I'm sure the extra $10 is still worth it.

Damn... Well, I've ordered them now. I'm sure the extra $10 is still worth it.

I'm totally sure it is, and wasn't in any way trying to imply it wasn't. Just was my frustration over looking at the website earlier today at work, seeing the $49 price, but figuring I'd just enter my payment info when I'm home and on my desktop PC and then finding it already raised, likely minutes before I went to purchase no doubt.

I'd have guessed as long as its still July 31st in the great state of Texas it would of been valid, but perhaps the web commerce site runs out of Europe or something where it already is technically August 1st.

I've just spent the last 30 minutes and started with the clean presets. I am enjoying them so far... I'm sure it's going to take me several days to just touch all of them.

Anyone know if FracTool can batch remove the FXLoop block? In my rig, that feeds my Matrix and Xitones and obviously doesn't sound very good with no Cab block.

I'm totally sure it is, and wasn't in any way trying to imply it wasn't. Just was my frustration over looking at the website earlier today at work, seeing the $49 price, but figuring I'd just enter my payment info when I'm home and on my desktop PC and then finding it already raised, likely minutes before I went to purchase no doubt.

Well, it's little after 10:00 central time and I see that I'm not the only one who missed out on the intro price. No, it's not a lot. It's just a bit frustrating.

Terry.

Be interesting to hear his answer on what happened, he did say in this very thread "This has been a "soft launch" process to date, with a special forum member introductory price through the end of July. Come August the pack will sell for $59...still a real steal for 700+ presets!"

Certainly his prerogative as to how we wants to price things, and isn't obligated to anyone, but by most accounts August starts at midnight. As I said previously, I'm guessing maybe it was just an oversight on the website and he didn't even realize the pricing changed prior to what he, and us, all expected.

Again, $10 is hardly a make or break thing, but its just kind of the principle of the thing, and the frustration, though mild, such things incur...

Its like when I'm at the grocery store at 10pm at night, and the sign on the shelf says "buy one, get one free" for a given product, so I get two of them, and then when I go to check out, I get charged for both. I say "those were buy one get one free" and they say sorry, the system actually changes the prices in the computer at 9pm, we just don't get around to changing the signs until the overnight stock guys come in at midnight...

I've generally been disappointed when I try out the Fractal provided presets. My guitars are of course different than those used to create them but that means I'm reluctant to spend $50 to $60 on presets from others. I've had an AxeFX since the Ultra so I've had years with this box. However, I've struggled taming the highs while still having appropriate presence in my tones.

I've been hoping the Naked Amp Pack would be useful as a baseline. Something where I could say "Yep, that sounds right" so I could get an idea of what I need to work on. Of course if they sound great why not just use them as is? I would likely do a bit of both.

What I was doing last night before is working through the Jimi London video as a proof of concept. I have a PRS 513 and I reasoned that if my neck single coil sounded good through it, then the rest of the pack might work out for me. However, my Jimi London patch was also to bright/shrill. I noticed that I had to change a number of advanced parameters to match AustinBuddy's screen shots, beyond those he mentioned in the video. Strange. So, as a test I duplicated the patch and reset both amps. All I did was to adjust the presence and the 4K GEQ in the amp block and bang, I was there! I'm in the ball park now, and my PRS sounds great!

Terry.

I've generally been disappointed when I try out the Fractal provided presets. My guitars are of course different than those used to create them but that means I'm reluctant to spend $50 to $60 on presets from others. I've had an AxeFX since the Ultra so I've had years with this box. However, I've struggled taming the highs while still having appropriate presence in my tones.

I've been hoping the Naked Amp Pack would be useful as a baseline. Something where I could say "Yep, that sounds right" so I could get an idea of what I need to work on. Of course if they sound great why not just use them as is? I would likely do a bit of both.

What I was doing last night before is working through the Jimi London video as a proof of concept. I have a PRS 513 and I reasoned that if my neck single coil sounded good through it, then the rest of the pack might work out for me. However, my Jimi London patch was also to bright/shrill. I noticed that I had to change a number of advanced parameters to match AustinBuddy's screen shots, beyond those he mentioned in the video. Strange. So, as a test I duplicated the patch and reset both amps. All I did was to adjust the presence and the 4K GEQ in the amp block and bang, I was there! I'm in the ball park now, and my PRS sounds great!

Terry.

Sorry...you really need a descent Strat to cop the Jimi sound (needs to be setup correctly - i.e. floating Trem). I have one and the Jimi patches are dead on for me.

Sorry...you really need a descent Strat to cop the Jimi sound (needs to be setup correctly - i.e. floating Trem). I have one and the Jimi patches are dead on for me.

I'm not interested in getting Jimi's exact sound. I am interested in getting a good single coil sound from my 513 and I got that once I reset the amps and made only the changes suggested in the video (versus matching all my settings with what I saw in the video). The 513 has true single coils and a floating trem.

Terry.

Ok @austinbuddy , where is all the tasty video/audio/pics of all you sh*thot axeslingers playing your awesome new presets thru the wall of AXFX s at Dweezilla this past week!!??;);):cool:

Well Brad, here's one from a blues jam at Dweezilla with Berklee-Trained and rising badass Max Boras (playing through an AX8) and Andy Aledort (editor of Guitar World and member of the Dickie Betts band, great player and maker of several great video tutorials). I am in a Deluxe Tweed (I love that amp!) playing a special SG with lipstick pickups I had made.
Bad Sign photo for fractal.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not interested in getting Jimi's exact sound. I am interested in getting a good single coil sound from my 513 and I got that once I reset the amps and made only the changes suggested in the video (versus matching all my settings with what I saw in the video). The 513 has true single coils and a floating trem.

Terry.
Yes -- that JTM45 amp model is a killer with a Strat - a Tweed Bassman on steroids. I made lots of little tweaks in that video to demonstrate all that, but truthfully you still get the main sound close enough of it by just using the amp main page controls and dropping the the 4K EQ by -4 db. Glad you like it!

Should we start a new thread with "favorite amps discovered from playing with the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack, amps I overlooked before?"

I was real impressed with the Carr Rambler when dialing it in - versatile and has it's own sound...

The Marshall Joe Satriani JS410 Crunches -- both Orange and Red -- have a unique thing going on to my ears...

And I totally love the Captain Hook in all it's forms...

And I find the FAS Lead 1 is as good as any other lead sound -- an easy go to.

There are a few more, but that's good start.

What amp models did you discover (or re-discover) and fall in love with in the TonePack?

Shall we start a new thread to share our findings with our Fractal Brethren, or just keep it tuned right here??? :)

Cant decide what to do. I have two units, Mark at home and XL+ in the band gear, so there is no easy way to have the 700 presets available at both units... Convert each one via FracTool - terrible job.. Buy twice not an option too..That's the only thing stopping me to buy the pack right now....

Cant decide what to do. I have two units, Mark at home and XL+ in the band gear, so there is no easy way to have the 700 presets available at both units... Convert each one via FracTool - terrible job.. Buy twice not an option too..That's the only thing stopping me to buy the pack right now....
You could buy one pack for one unit. Audition them at your leisure (you can do that without actually installing them). Take the ones that you want to use at gigs, and batch-convert them with FracTool all at once.

Back
Top Bottom