Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
A lot of the high gain presets have a very aggressive noise gate that I personally didn’t like at all. If you go to the gate settings there are some presets that are in the pack. I’ll check which ones I used, and post it later. It is pretty much the standard AB gate. I used axedit to bulk change all of the high gain presets. If I find any of the ones I like feedback too much I’ll up the gate settings.

Yep. It is high for my personal taste too but the pro metal guy who helped me dial it in uses it that way so it “chops” for djent style. I would not second guess him - he has made a bundle in the progr. Metal business (a name you would know if I was allowed to share it), and it sounded killer when he played it.

A few high gain bank amps will feedback and howl at you too if the noise gate is set too low. That’s exactly why the effects library options are useful!

Last edited:
Hi Buddy love your presets. As this was now the final firmware, will you do an update to the 1000-dream-rigs-tonepack for the Axe FX II? :cool:

I spent most of my waking hours this weekend with this pack. It was work for another project but in the process I decided to dump the entire current contents of my AX8 and replace it all with the @austinbuddy presets.

This, it turns out, was an excellent decision.

What an amazingly well-dialed in collection of tones this is! The character of the amps is very noticeable. Buddy has paid a great amount of attention to making certain that going from amp-to-amp yields satisfyingly different results and not just the same tone dialed in on different amps. There were a whole host of amps in this pack I've never been able to make sound useful that were blowing my mind.

Money and time well spent, if you ask me.

TOTALLY agree big time !! Man did he dig in and save me a ton of time. I HIGHLY recommend purchasing this tone pack. The presets, tones, instruction, shortcuts, etc. are more than you'll ever need and again, what a time saver. Buy it. You won't be sorry.

Worth the wait. Any ETA on AXE3 Firmware 5?
Waiting on a final-final FW 5.x...

Already working on some new preset template layouts and using the CS switches with FC-12 or Fc6 to control some amp functions like boost or Fat or saturate...but ETA to do all 1000 tones is still early summer for update availability... give me time to do it right, I may have to reset amps and re-tweak ifor each scene, we will see...

An ARES 1.03 observation worth noting.

I level my presets in S/PDIF at around -12db. This afternoon I installed ARES 1.03 and did multiple parameters amp resets (using FracTool) across my 1000+ Dream Rigs Tonepack for XL. I froze some parameters (see list below) and let the others reset for ARES.

I have two inputs into my UAudio Console -- on is Mono from the XL's left XLR output ( with incoming signal level controlled by Output Level 1 knob on front XL panel), and the other incoming signal is the XL's S/PDIF in which is not adjustable by knobs (I use Amp level controls it and set levels to -12db).

If you guys use your XLR Outputs with my presets or Fractal Factory presets, you may find you have to max out the front Output1 knob to get the signal to reach -12db/match the digital (S/PDIF) signal I leveled to now. Not sure that was always the case?

In the past Output1 knob at 11:30 or 12:00 with XLR input would mirror/match the S/PDIF version of the same signal. When I made the YouTube video on How to Level/Gain Stage presets that was the case -- apparently not any more.

Just an FYI/something I noticed... if you install ARES 1.03 and now the Dream Rigs (or Naked Amps) TonePack now sounds is quieter because you use XLRs, just max your Output1 knob.

Eventually I will do a Tonepack update for little tweaks.

But you can use FracTool's "Amp Resetter" to reset the amps and see what you think. You need to FREEZE all the key amp settings before you do this.:

Check the boxes on these amp parameters to FREEZE their current values as each Tonepack amp resets:

Bass
Boost
bp mode
Bright
Bright sw
BrtCap
Bypass

Cut
Depth
Drive
Drive type
Dynamics
All EQ 1 to EQ 8
EQ Locat
EQ Type

Fat
Level
M. Vol.
Mid.
Modeling
Overdrive
Pan
PowerType

Pres
PreTube
Sat
Spkr Comp
TOneLoc
ToneStack
Treble

Trem Depth
Trim
Tube Type
Variac
Xv Match

As always, BACK UP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU DO THIS. If something goes wrong, you can restore you prior presets.

Big shout out to @AlGrenadine and the great FracTool utility, which I financially support -- such a time/life saver!

I absolutely love these 1000+ Dream Rigs patches Austin Buddy, Thank you x1000+!

Is there any chance you will do a final release using Ares 1.03 final firmware? This would be a great conclusion to Axe FX II on what I believe are the best possible patches for this Unit.
Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

+1 @Webby

It would be one of the nicest addition to the EoL AFX 2 to have such great available tones.
I think it should be one of the major part of the AFX2 life-extension...:):)

Hi buddy,

I’m leaning towards buying the dream rigs pack over the naked tones pack.
Even though there is a large number of presets in the dreamrigs pack, I’ve been trying but can’t seem to find 2 many demo’s of the sounds here though ?
Your 5 videos r educational & helpful, but only touch on some of the sounds.
Is there anywhere you can point me in the right direction so I can see / hear abit more of the sounds here ?

Hi buddy,

I’m leaning towards buying the dream rigs pack over the naked tones pack.
Even though there is a large number of presets in the dreamrigs pack, I’ve been trying but can’t seem to find 2 many demo’s of the sounds here though ?
Your 5 videos r educational & helpful, but only touch on some of the sounds.
Is there anywhere you can point me in the right direction so I can see / hear abit more of the sounds here ?
@Souper1974 I have been using these presets live for a while now, I will try to get you a video from my gig tonight so you can hear how some of them sound. Just don’t make fun of my playing lol!

Hi guys:

Now that The 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack firmware v5 update for the Axe III is done, I hope to get to the Dream Rigs ARES 1.03 update for the XL, XL+ and Mark II over the next few weeks. In fact I've started it.

Noticed a few things under ARES 1.03...

1. First, make sure your Out1 knob is at the max if going into a DAW or digital console.

2. Now, I don't have any explanation for this, but I am noticing on my XL that the S/PDIF out signal for a preset, compared to the XLR out signal for the same exact preset, is about 1.6db hotter on my digital console (UAudio).

3. Unlike the Axe-Fx III or the AX8, there is no +4db or -10db pad software switch on the hardware

4. I usually level presets to the S/PDIF signal level on my digital console, but in this case I'm going to put a -1.6db transparent pad on the incoming S/PDIF signal and instead will level all the Dream Rigs presets to the XLR output signal level (leveled to an average -12db under the new firmware), because most of you use that for live gigs.

5. I'm going to play with the Speaker Compression a bit. I usually leave it off for live gigs, but ARES uses it. I may use none or a little bit, maybe not as much as the default value (and it does affect the overall output volume).

It will take time to check everything out, but I do hope have it done before end of summer (if not sooner).

When done, this will be probably be the last free update for the XL/XL+ and Mark II 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack
, since it is highly unlikely Cliff is going to further update the firmwares for these units. Not to worry, these units still sound great!

If you have found any errors in the current version, please let me know here or my email (on my website) so I can address them in the update to come.

Last, I do eventually plan to do an Dream Rigs Effects Block Library tool -- first on Axe-Fx III, then for the Ax8, then comes the Axe-Fx -- for release later this year or maybe in 2020 -- so know that future products are in the making for the Axe-Fx too!

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom